Kaigan KR Ghost 45

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:06 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
20%
☆☆☆☆
20%
☆☆☆
40%
☆☆
No votes
20%

Total votes: 15
Gao
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 45

Post by 453145 »

PkmnChmp5 wrote:
Victormaru wrote:This is my first time actually keeping up with an entire Kamen Rider series, and will most likely finish it. Not counting Amazons, since that was a short spin-off series. Is it just me or is Kamen Rider Ghost the worst series ever? Again, I can't tell since this is the first time I've watched an entire series. Could the plots of the previous Neo-Heisei series have been worst than this?
Lunagel wrote:Well Wizard was pretty awful
Ghost is much worse than Wizard (which I actually liked) IMO. The side characters weren't nearly as annoying & useless as Onari & them, & Wizard at least had a coherent plot. Plus, if nothing else, Wizard had great insert songs. I think Wizard's main flaw was wasted potential, but I'd say that's even more so the case with Ghost.

As for this episode, I feel like it would have been kind of good if I cared about any of the characters at all. Or understood why anything was happening...
I agree, Wizard wasn't that bad, at least his cast is active in the show. That's one of my main problems with Ghost, all the characters appear and disappear every two episodes which makes me feel something for them when they are serious, for example: Javert, Igor, Bills; these characters are supposed to be important to the plot however, they don't get developed. Instead we have useless and annoying characters: Shibuya, Narita, Kanon and Yurusen, when they have made something that actually helps? I don't remember.

Another complain that I have is that we have so many cliches that is even annoying, since Mugen's debut I hear "human potential is infinite" like every two minutes, I appreciate that they use the luminaries for this but I would like that they could say it a few times less because it becomes in a bland phrase, like when Takeru and the others say their pre-finisher phrases they sound forced because it has nothing to do with what they're doing, and I know that the other ones sound forced sometimes but they are there to make them look awesome, not philosophical.

And finally my last complain is that Takeru is becoming in "Jesus", he's becoming a perfect kid who doesn't do anything wrong that just needs to hear "Believe in yourself" or "Human potential is infinite" so he can be motivated again, that being said I think this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJPbfnnUnec could be the perfect insert song for Ghost.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

chronoxiong wrote:So everyone is going to turn into Adel? What the hell has this plot become? I'm just counting this down because this show wasn't good.
I have a feeling Adel will become a good guy and Takeru will end up dying forever. Then a brand new villain or villain from a movie will return as the final boss for the very last episode and Takeru will miraculously return to defeat him / her. Watch, they're going to Kamen Rider Gaim it.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

453145 wrote:Instead we have useless and annoying characters: Shibuya, Narita, Kanon and Yurusen
Man, fuck Yurusen.
Victormaru wrote:Watch, they're going to Kamen Rider Gaim it.
We should be so lucky. But either way, I'm going to be surprised if we don't get an epilogue of some sort. Ever since Wizard (hey, another bad thing Wizard started!), KR has consistently had an epilogue of some sort to promote the next series, the movie, etc.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote:We should be so lucky. But either way, I'm going to be surprised if we don't get an epilogue of some sort. Ever since Wizard (hey, another bad thing Wizard started!), KR has consistently had an epilogue of some sort to promote the next series, the movie, etc.
Ask and ye shall receive. Ex-Aid's got a crossover with Ghost for the last two episodes
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote:
ViRGE wrote:We should be so lucky. But either way, I'm going to be surprised if we don't get an epilogue of some sort. Ever since Wizard (hey, another bad thing Wizard started!), KR has consistently had an epilogue of some sort to promote the next series, the movie, etc.
Ask and ye shall receive. Ex-Aid's got a crossover with Ghost for the last two episodes
I didn't ask for this! I didn't ask for this.:(
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Drive didn't show up in the Gaim TV series. Toei feeds off the misery of the fans.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

There is something that bothers me about the cross overs, If you look at Drive's cross overs with Ghost, Ghost had a much better personality there, but the kids didn't like it so they changed it. Makes me wonder if Japanese Kids have a so different taste, that they preffer what we could call good into something worst.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Following up on the idea that there were too many luminaries, let's say there were on seven luminaries and the producers didn't care about Dragon Ball references. This would probably free up some episodes. What plots could they have included for these episodes? Here are some of my ideas.

Early in series: Makoto reveals in a flashback what the ganma world was like, with Makoto, Aria, Kanon, and Edith having somewhat happy times. Aria and Makoto could do cosplay which Makoto pretends he doesn't like but secretly is crazy for. Then tragedy strikes as Kanon is killed by a building collapse caused by a flying sandworm. Edith is close by and saves Kanon's soul by capturing it in an eyecon. Edith then tells Makoto that he must go to earth and gather the seven dragon balls so that his wish to save Kanon will come true.

Early late season: Right after Alain's heart connects with the grunts he used to boss around, Aria confronts Adel and gets beat down for her efforts. Adel imprisons Arai but Alain finds out about it. When Adel comes to the human world to beat up Takeru, Alain sneaks back into the ganma world, righteously kicks booty, and brings Aria to earth. Adel shrugs his shoulders and admires himself in the mirror saying that he is more perfect now without Aria.

After shrine grunt one's arc: An arc for shrine grunt 2. This could be combined with Javert running into Cubi and Note and finding out they are doing well and causing Javert to ponder what he likes to do.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

eijiman wrote:There is something that bothers me about the cross overs, If you look at Drive's cross overs with Ghost, Ghost had a much better personality there, but the kids didn't like it so they changed it. Makes me wonder if Japanese Kids have a so different taste, that they preffer what we could call good into something worst.
I doubt it's as much that the kids don't like it as much that the cameos are written out really early and the staff don't have everything finalized.
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Jehal »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:Takeru never joined Adel in trying to kill off all of humanity because the villain asked him nicely, so that already puts it higher than Wizard for me.
Victormaru wrote:Is it just me or is Kamen Rider Ghost the worst series ever?
Kabuto, Kiva, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Wizard... nah, a lot of other Rider shows beg to differ.
I have to disagree with a couple of these.
Blade may have had a slow start, but once all of the riders were introduced the series heavily picked up, and I consider it's ending one of the best of the Heisei Kamen Rider.
I know Ryuki was hit or miss with some people, but I feel it did a great job throughout the series; with the characters changing from their experiences and the directions the story takes.
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

The start of Adel-fication... dang, this series...
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

I wonder what is wrong with this, I mean the last episodes are supposed to be dramatic, you should have a sense of urgency and the desire to know what is going to happen, but here, there is something amiss. We have the villain, he is powerful, he is completing his plan that could end up in the destruction of the world, but t feels like if Adel poses no bigger threat than a MOTW. Altough i think it has to do with the ambience, in Drive the last episode they were really concerned with the deadline, here everything seems to be like a regular day.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

MagusKaiser wrote:
Victormaru wrote:This is my first time actually keeping up with an entire Kamen Rider series, and will most likely finish it. Not counting Amazons, since that was a short spin-off series. Is it just me or is Kamen Rider Ghost the worst series ever? Again, I can't tell since this is the first time I've watched an entire series. Could the plots of the previous Neo-Heisei series have been worst than this?
try watching hibiki
Technically, Hibiki was never KR. It was pitched as its own show and Toei slotted it for the next KR because their writers were out of ideas. That's why every callsign of Kamen Rider (drivers, souped-up mashin, etc.) are missing from the series. IF you count it as KR, it was hands-down the worst. If not Drive was.

Drive was outright terrible. The only likable character was Chase until the very end when Heart and Medic became likable. Three characters, two of which are bad guys. he rest of the series had about as much character depth as Ghost, but with half the cast acting like Onari. An lets not get into the armour! :roll:
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

chronoxiong wrote:So everyone is going to turn into Adel? What the hell has this plot become? I'm just counting this down because this show wasn't good.
I keep getting flashbacks to Red Dwarf here Rimmer got stuck on a planet an terrafrmed it populating it entirely with male (and female) clones of himself, only to be rejected anf imprisone as an abomination to the "Norms".

Min you, THAT would be a finale worth seeing... Adel becming a good guy to help stop his own clones who have rejected him...
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I find it interesting that people keep dissing my favorite Kamen Rider shows.

In my opinion, Drive and Gaim are worse than Hibiki, Kiva, Kabuto, and Blade because I couldn't get through them.

Ghost is worse than Hibiki because Hibiki had better characters and it's own unique visual style.

Ghost is worse than Kabuto because even though Souji isn't better than Takeru, ALL of the minor characters of Kabuto were better.

Ghost is worse than Kiva because Kiva had better music and a well done father son theme.

I'm not sure if Blade is better than Ghost because it took a while before Blade kicked it into gear.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”