Kaigan KR Ghost 48

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:07 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
17%
☆☆☆☆
11%
☆☆☆
28%
☆☆
22%
22%

Total votes: 18
Digifiend
Gabu

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 48

Post by Digifiend »

Perhaps one thing they could have done is have Sennin hand out drivers and eyecons when they arrived in the Ganma World? After all, if he can become Dark Ghost, there's no reason the others couldn't use the Dark Necrom powers. Alia's Dark Necrom Pink was wasted in an earlier episode, this would have been a chance to show it off properly. Akari, Onari, and Kanon could have received the other three from the movie.

As usual though, they didn't want to let the girls transform.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Even if they didn't want the girls to transform, I wonder if the series would have had better continuity if the same director had done all of the episodes? If Kanon and Onari were going to be useful in the next to last fight, why not several arcs earlier have Sennin decide to help them out? He could be all "Kanon, Onari, fighting grunt-ma's is dangerous but I can help you out a little bit. Onari, here is a (commercial tie-in) charm to put on your staff. It will amplify your spirit energy and allow you to smash a grunt-ma with a single stroke. And, Kanon, here are some (commercial tie-in) cute bracelets. If you use Alain's kung fu with these bracelets on the grunt-ma's will be the ones in distress. However, these are not powerful enough to stand up to higher level MOTW's." You could then at some point have a training montage where Onari and Kanon win the admiration of Takeru and Alain with their fighting spirit.
miryoku
Adventure
Quote: Blacking tosh.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by miryoku »

Kamen rider ghost: the guide of how not to do a kamen rider.
This show was worse than wizard XD

The bad thing is it's not classify as a "It's so bad that it's good" show
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Good thing: Kanon does something.
Bad thing: It was something that should not have happened, if Ganma were weak enough to be 1 hit killed by a normal girl, well, they arent much o f a threat are they?
Good thing: Adel was has shown some more depth.
Bad thing: He just kinda died, no big fuss from his family or anything.
Good thing: Ghost is almost over.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

To me, most of the problems with Ghosts are problems that are completely independent of it being a Kamen Rider show and are problems that will bog down any year long weekly show:

* Continuity: One has to keep things consistent. Also, one rewards long time watchers of the show by correctly referring to aspects of previous episodes. Ghost couldn't even keep things consistent inside of a two episode arc. Jyuohgers by contrast looks absolutely anal about keeping details about characters consistent.

* Too many characters: Even with 50 episodes trying to find room to develop 15 luminaries, three heroes, five human supporters, and numerous generals just is not going to work.

* Lack of foreshadowing: plot twists have more impact and character changes feel more earned if they are foreshadowed in advance.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Ashki wrote:And speaking of sexists... Adel, that nasty perv... I'm not going to even get into his creepy sister fetish or his thanking her for what he's done to her.
When did Adel ever have a thing for Aria? He only brained her because he felt she was interfering with his plans but that never seemed like he "had a thing for her"....
Akari, the only other female actress in the cast was a total tomboy and they WROTE her like a male. Makes me think someone with rank was being more than a litle sexist with their power.
So, it's sexist that they wanted Akari to actually be useful and help Takeru with his fighting? Wouldn't the alternative be making her more like Kanon? That prolly would've been a much blander show, imo.
Btw, don't you think it's a tad more distasteful to refer to them as furniture? "It was nice to see the furniture fighting back for once (well, MOST of the furniture anyway)"
ViRGE wrote:So on a lark, I just checked the Wiki.<snip>
Yeah, I commented about that over here too. I don't want to start going crazy and spin conspiracy theories but, as I implied over there, something felt off in regards to that.
resop2 wrote:<snip>
I'd assume that would be the producer and writer's job, not as much the director's. The producer being the one who works with the suits and letting the writer know about the Tie-in material you mentioned then the writer would apply it to the show. (Iirc, the director comes after; making the show out of the prior materials)
eijiman wrote:Good thing: Kanon does something.
Bad thing: It was something that should not have happened, if Ganma were weak enough to be 1 hit killed by a normal girl, well, they arent much o f a threat are they?
They were grunts who were also tossed aside by Onari and Akari, so no, not just by a "normal girl".
And besides, if Kanon didn't do anything, you guys would've griped saying she was useless and whatever; now she does stuff and it's still bad? What do you guys want from her then?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: They were grunts who were also tossed aside by Onari and Akari, so no, not just by a "normal girl".
And besides, if Kanon didn't do anything, you guys would've griped saying she was useless and whatever; now she does stuff and it's still bad? What do you guys want from her then?
First off, the Ganma Kanon hit with her bare hands literally *exploded*. Kanon has never shown any sort of power before, so we're gonna have to assume that a) either these are ridiculously weak grunts that probably could have been defeated by an excited dog, so a Kamen Rider was totally unnecessary or b) she's had power this whole time and they've been holding back on us.

And Kanon being useless is not because she doesn't do anything, it's because she literally has no purpose. Think about it. What has she honestly contributed to this show? What would we lose if they took her character out? She is there to say "Oniichan" and "Alain-sama". Maybe at the beginning, she might have had something, but even then, it was always in relationship to Makoto. She has no independence of her own, pretty much everything we know about her is always about how she interacts with other people, particularly Makoto and Alain. As others have said, this isn't the actress's fault, it's entirely placed on the writers. They have this character and they haven't developed her enough nor do they want to, so we're left with a stagnant shell of an idea that walks around screen every week. This applies to a point to Shibuya and Narita as well but at least they had that one episode with Narita's mom.

Now that Kanon is doing stuff it feels like a last-ditch effort. I like that she finally gets to do something, but at the same time, it's too little too late. We're literally 1 episode from the end, now is not the time to be changing characters. That time was 20 episodes ago.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

That's a fair way of putting it. So, it's like a reverse-Hina from OOO then? (Where we saw that Hina had super-strength but she never really used it, iirc; in this case, we find out Kanon can punch Ganma.. at the end).

I don't think Kanon and the group fighting the grunts makes Kamen Rider unnecessary, though. Maybe I'm coming off the older Showa Rider shows but there were plenty of times in those where Rider would have human allies such as Taki Kazuya and the like who were able to fight off grunts or at least hold their own against the kaijin until Rider showed up and they were pretty cool. (On the flip-side though... were characters like the Tachibana Racing Girls who were entertaining but, never really did much more than just faint or get captured (god, while that's true, it's kinda awful to type out) ....then again, there's Tackle... I'm digressing).
Now, do I think the Rider franchise should just follow what the older shows did? Nah, take the foundation, mold it into something new and interesting for the viewers to enjoy; at the same time though, those shows showed that Rider can be good while using ideas like human helpers so, reusing those isn't a bad thing (except the Racing Girls, lol).

You can let me know if this makes zero sense; kinda tired, need sleep. :lol:
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Akari × Igor … *pukes*
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
gourdcaptain
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Favorite Actor?: Shu Watanabe

Post by gourdcaptain »

njb wrote:Akari × Igor … *pukes*
Yeah, that was the thing in the episode that made me the most legit angry and confused at what the writers were thinking.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Also, is Mugen *that* OP that it can finish the Ganmaizer thingy (when they forced themselves into Adel's body) in I-don't-know-how-many-minutes?

With just a few strikes???
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown

Post by Kurokage X »

Has this series ever had any consistency to begin with
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

I'm going to come to its defense and say that yes, there was a bit of consistency within the first half of the show, when they focused on the Eyecons. Once they introduced the Ganmaizer it all started to go downhill and lost what little it had.

Up until about the Ganmaizer this show was decently mediocre. Not great, but not anything I'd whine about. Now? I've never seen such a trainwreck. Up until now Wizard was my least favorite KR show, and that was mostly due to hollow plot. Ghost makes Wizard look well-developed.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown

Post by Kurokage X »

That's fair. Seems to me that Ghost is Wizard 2.0 on a worse scale. My rider senses tell me if Ghost is Wizard 2.0, Ex-Aid might be Gaim 2.0
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

One can only hope (and make virgin sacrifices)

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”