Kamen Rider Ghost HBV The Truth! Secret Behind the Luminary Eyecons! Released

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Kamen Rider Ghost HBV The Truth! Secret Behind the Luminary Eyecons! Released

Post by Lunagel »

This wasn't really an HBV so much as an epilogue... but if that means we don't have to buy a 60 dollar Blu-Ray and translate a 90 minute Saga movie, all hail the new HBV epilogue!

Not much to say here, pretty generic dialogue, boring backstory that might've been better in the actual series. One does have to wonder they went to all the trouble of going to the Ganma world and then just using the same goddamn set. Just keep it on earth and cut out that 2 minutes of explanation!

And here's where I have a huuuuuuge beef with the writers for these lines: "Luminaries found their path, believed in it, and followed it honestly, until their lives burned out. Not geniuses, but people who follow their path through effort!"

Bull. Shit.

That can apply to about half of them if you really stretch it (my analysis below)-
Spoiler
Musashi - Eh, okay
Edison - Is a thieving hack but I suppose the popular image of him does fit with this
Robin Hood - This fits
Newton - Was a genius and honestly da Vinci faced more adversity than Newton so no
Billy the Kid - Acted more out of desperation than conviction (and if it was conviction to become an outlaw then this definition becomes more odd)
Beethoven - Fits
Goemon - Since he's basically Robin Hood, okay
Benkei - Served Minamoto no Yoshitsune and followed him so no
Himiko - Hard to say since the historical figure was so long ago but okay I guess
Ryouma - Fits
Tutankhamun - Not in the least. Tut became pharaoh at age 9 and only lived to about 18 so most of his decisions were made by advisors.
Nobunaga - Fits
Houdini - Eh... I guess?
Grimm - Okay
Sanzou - Fits

In no possible stretch of that explanation can it apply to Tutankhamun. Honestly it applies to his brother?/father?/predecessor Akhenaten more, who broke with with tradition, Tut just kinda let everything go back to the status quo.

Newton is basically the same as da Vinci anyway so this is a bit of a kick in the pants.

They're trying to get out a good message but it comes as a too little too late, ultimately unsatisfying ending.

Dear Toei:
Please let Ghost die.
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Re: Kamen Rider Ghost HBV The Truth! Secret Behind the Luminary Eyecons! Released

Post by nanamarfo »

I hope Ghost dies soon. And gives birth to Ex-Aid HBV and V-Cinemas.

But serously, this was eh.
NOMarfo
TajadorCombo
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Favorite Band: Band-Maid, BABYMETAL
My boom: Fighting games
Quote: I'm just a passing-through Kamen Rider, remember that
Type: INFJ Counselor

Re: Kamen Rider Ghost HBV The Truth! Secret Behind the Luminary Eyecons! Released

Post by TajadorCombo »

Somebody tell me who's the author of the book that Takeru is always reading, because if Edison fits more in the category of luminary than Da Vinci or Tesla then that guy knows nothing about history
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

this saionji epilogue is much better than the series itself.
still the same ghost thou, although perhaps the pacing is much better.
1 thing keep making me watch ghost is just bcoz i consider Kanon is quite cute.

other than that i hardly said this is the worst & such a very let down KR series
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
Boukensilver06
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Boukensilver06 »

I would say that this HBV was a let down, but so was the entire series. Boring, drawn out storyline with bad writing that makes no sense and questions even who could be Luminaries. Not to mention that I guess I am kind of used to seeing one-off power-ups for the protagonist like they have been in previous HBVs and this one didn't even have that.
Lunagel wrote: One does have to wonder they went to all the trouble of going to the Ganma world and then just using the same goddamn set. Just keep it on earth and cut out that 2 minutes of explanation!
I completely agree. When I saw this, I thought I was going to lose my mind.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

What a letdown that was. I would have kept everything in the original base if they were going to use the original set with different lighting. Saionji's backstory is enough to kill me based on how generic it felt. And the illuminaries/heroes, I don't give a crap anymore, choosing felt dumb. Ultimately wasted 15 minutes of my life on this and it wasn't worth it.
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I for one really enjoyed that. In fact it's probably the most enjoyable piece of Ghost media since what, somewhere around episode 30?

Kanon was useful. Onari kept his yap shut. Takeru didn't drone on (and on) about the human spirit. Best of all, the pacing was tight and to the point. If the rest if the series had been like this, Ghost may not have been great, but it would have likely turned out as a solidly good series.

Saionji has always bugged me, and this episode helps with that. The show turned him into the first arc villain, but it never properly built him up for that task. I do agree his background is still a bit generic, but it's background that's better late than never. I can appreciate being jealous of the infallible Ryuu, and Saionji's actor gave his monologue all the weight it deserved.

Heck, I wish the other hBVs were like this. This was infinitely more enjoyable than the comedy-focused HBVs, which not to slag comedy as inferior, but often are based on very weak gags.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”