Kaigan! KR Ghost the Movie released

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Rating

☆☆☆☆☆
13%
☆☆☆☆
20%
☆☆☆
20%
☆☆
27%
20%

Total votes: 15
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Kaigan! KR Ghost the Movie released

Post by DaVinci030 »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Ride ... of_Destiny

Alt title: Ghost in the small planet of Eyecons

Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost the Movie

Post by Lunagel »

Ugh, where do I start? I mean, it's a summer movie, so the quality rarely goes above mediocre, but even this was pretty tedious to watch.

Good points:
-MELE!!!! MY QUEEN, YOU'RE BACK!!
-Only 3 "oniichan!"s
-Beethoven having groupies was pretty funny
-Script wasn't too awful long for an hour-long movie.
-MELE!!!

Bad points:
-Horrible payoff for that forced "I hate my dad" subplot
-Racist luminaries? (unsure if racist)
-Random Native American chief definitely racist
-Edison was a hack
-Clusterfuck of driver sounds far too many times
-Everything could have been avoided if Gramps wasn't such a meddler
-Takeru dies for realisies again ( This is like the 4th time?)
-Recolor necrom suits are bleh
-Recolor necrom actors had no personality
-Wasted like 10 hours of my life I'm not getting back
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I still wonder if this really took Takuro Fukuda 10 weeks to write.
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Ride ... Chronology I mean, he writes 27-28, vanishes for 10 weeks, comes back and writes 39-40 (the body swap episodes), this, the episode's movie shorts then 47-50. He's also gonna write that V-Cinema too.

Maybe I'm speaking from a place that doesn't understand movie filming but, I don't think they take that long to write? Maybe the Alain shorts took up his time too? since I know he worked on those.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Lunagel wrote:-MELE!!!! MY QUEEN, YOU'RE BACK!!
Hirata-chan, why can't you be in more toku?? I wanna see you in GARO...

Not a fan of the movie overall.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Slyder5597
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Gaim/Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: W/Kyoryuger
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Toku
Quote: I'm just a passing through Kamen Rider
-Kamen Rider Decade

Re: Kaigan! KR Ghost the Movie released

Post by Slyder5597 »

I've seen this movie 3 times (no, I don't know why I decided to torture myself but I did) and it only gets worse. At least the box art is pretty (I bought the movie because Eyecon toys. FML)
lennyhouston16
Go Go!
Favorite series: Gaim, OOO, Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva, W, Go-Busters
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by lennyhouston16 »

I'm going to go against the grain and give this movie a 5 because I really enjoyed it. I'm one of the few that really liked Ghost so this was quite a treat for me. Let me explain...

1. I legit felt like everyone had a moment in this even if it was being a damsel in distress or comic relief like Kanon and Onari. I honestly don't expect more than that of them and it was toned down for the most part. Also, Kanon's damsel in distress plot wasn't the main plot of the movie (like I thought it was going to be) and Takeru didn't resolve it by himself so kudos to the writer for making Necrom and Spectre actually do something other than be meat shields (unlike Drive's summer movie). Overall, I liked all the characters and it didn't feel like anyone had too much screen-time to the point of annoyance. Sidenote: the two other monks (Can anyone remember their names?)... Did anyone really expect them to have any part in this?

2. Speaking of screen-time, I felt like the movie utilized its time properly. It wasn't too long to drag parts but not too short to rush everything. The action sequences were visually pretty and didn't drag for too long. Even the CGI was colorful but not jarring like in past movies with the exception of Ex-Aid's finisher.

3. The plot and subplots tied in brilliantly with the series especially the finale for me. The focus of Takeru eating and enjoying human things was something the series should've focused on more. I almost believe if we had this plot replace the Adel one, we would've been more satisfied with the ending. We even have the same final boss design as in the series! Could this have been the actual final arc that the writer wished for? Probably not but I'm hopeful.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

So this movie reminded me why i like Ghost and equally hate it, the reason i like it is the suits, it's the hoodie it always looks better with the hood up, and the villain's final form was the best for me. the reason for hating it is the fights they are often too hectic to follow properly and even tho early Ex-aid's appearance was a bit bleh it felt refreshing especially knowing how well the fight scenes are in the series proper. Also final annoyance of this film (well final in regards to not filling this with a list of problems) the Mooks, oh my god was their sound effect's horrible.

The only highlights for me was of course seeing Mele-sama back and surprisingly Rikka-san from Wizard who was Necrom-Y just a shame she didn't get much screen time.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

I thought this was going to be one the good Ghost movie. I was wrong again. Having Makoto's father in it was pointless and Dark Ghost didn't really have any badass fight scenes like other villains such as Eternal, Sorcerer, and even Genm.

The whole collection of Eyecons and gaining a flight form reminded me of W's Gaia Memories of Fate movie.

Since when could everyone just ride on the Ghostriker as if it was the Gokai Galleon? Also, where the hell did it even come from at the end? And why can Gramps eat food when he's a ghost but Takeru had been crying about not being able to eat as a ghost since forever?

All in all, this movie was necessary to watch, as with all the Ghost movies, since it fills in the plot holes that the series had made for itself. Let's hope the Kamen Rider Specter movie ends in being good this month. That's our last hope for a good Ghost film.
Last edited by Victormaru on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gallus Faberge
7X

Post by Gallus Faberge »

I enjoyed this movie a lot actually. Even though the forced plot was weird to watch at times, "The two Ghosts were destined to fight" sorry, but gramps, if you knew that, why did you give the driver to him in the first place?

Nevertheless, i was VERY surprised that the non Japanese were actually speaking very good japanese, instead of some forced engrish. That kinda boosted the movie's rating for me, ha ha. :D

Though i would have liked to know more about why Argos turned evil, it wasn't properly explained, just something about some form of misunderstanding between him and Makoto's dad.

The underlings could have used some backstory as well

I was completely okay with Makoto's dad subplot, it went on smoothly.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

lennyhouston16 wrote:I'm going to go against the grain and give this movie a 5 because I really enjoyed it. I'm one of the few that really liked Ghost so this was quite a treat for me. Let me explain...

1. I legit felt like everyone had a moment in this even if it was being a damsel in distress or comic relief like Kanon and Onari. I honestly don't expect more than that of them and it was toned down for the most part. Also, Kanon's damsel in distress plot wasn't the main plot of the movie (like I thought it was going to be) and Takeru didn't resolve it by himself so kudos to the writer for making Necrom and Spectre actually do something other than be meat shields (unlike Drive's summer movie). Overall, I liked all the characters and it didn't feel like anyone had too much screen-time to the point of annoyance. Sidenote: the two other monks (Can anyone remember their names?)... Did anyone really expect them to have any part in this?

2. Speaking of screen-time, I felt like the movie utilized its time properly. It wasn't too long to drag parts but not too short to rush everything. The action sequences were visually pretty and didn't drag for too long. Even the CGI was colorful but not jarring like in past movies with the exception of Ex-Aid's finisher.

3. The plot and subplots tied in brilliantly with the series especially the finale for me. The focus of Takeru eating and enjoying human things was something the series should've focused on more. I almost believe if we had this plot replace the Adel one, we would've been more satisfied with the ending. We even have the same final boss design as in the series! Could this have been the actual final arc that the writer wished for? Probably not but I'm hopeful.
I gave it a 4 because of weak finish but otherwise i agree with you all of the points including last one. This really felt more like the final arc of ghost rather than something in between. Not having anyone from Ganma side in there (alain was already on earth side at this point) added to this point. Ofcourse there were some trips on the road like weak father connection but it was a movie after all if this was the last 5 or 6 episodes of ghost it would be focused on more. Even ex-aid in here was much better than tv series one it was felt like a totally different person.
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

What is up with the cosplay Spartian? That sorely stuck out despite him being in the corner shots.... It is as if background colorful noise is wanting to pad out the movie, in presentation....

Much like Ghost's entire production mentality!
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

Also, wasn't Beethoven slightly to mostly deaf, shouldn't his singing well..... wait this is Ghost I am typing about here....
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

You know what sucks? This movie SHOULD have been good.

What happened in Production? How frantic was the production for this and the show?
NOMarfo
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

I feel like if they used this movie and just shoved it in the show instead then I think the show would have been a tad more interesting. I don't remember some of Ghost's episodes because they weren't memorable, but I did like this movie a lot more than the second half of Ghost's season.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

*Sigh*

You know, after this was initially released, Takenoko made a post/thread that talked about how the quality of writing in tokusatsu shows has taken a nosedive, and after watching this, I wholeheartedly agree. There were far too many plot holes here than I am comfortable with forgiving, especially with this being a 'movie' (and i use that term loosely because anything that lasts for under an hour and thirty minuets is nothing more than a over-glorified special.) Honestly, they could've shoved this in as a TV special, and not a damn thing would've changed, except maybe revenue gained from the poor sods that had to pay to see this crud (thanks to the guy/girl that bought it for subbing though. It's because of you and the staff here that we get to enjoy these shows after all) and the hardcore toy collectors. I don't feel like going paragraph style for this review, so I'm just going to write a list of all the things I disliked.

-Insipid Sentai NecroRanger! Seriously, there was no character to these guys, other than the stereotypical trend of Beefcake,Pretty boy/Ikemen (probably spelled that wrong,) and Unimportant female character #395. All they did was provide everyone with a way to get to the (afterlife? Eyecon Heaven? Purgatory?) and be bad guys. That's it.

-So Makoto has abandonment/daddy issues. I can see how this would've been an interesting plot point, but with the haphazard and almost prosaic way it was written into the movie killed any chance for it to stick out. Again, they followed the formula of 'I hate my stoic parent who acts like they don't care but they really do care, and we're going to make up, but Oh no! He's dead/dying after showing compassion' cliche, and that's been done to death more than the number of people that have died in this shows run!

-Alan and Argos. More unnecessary family drama that we all knew how it was going to end. Really wish they gave Argos more character other than I was good, but now I'm bad.

-Speaking of, what the hell Gramps? Why would you give him an Eyecon that pretty much says 'I'm THE Bad Guy'!? It's like he almost wanted this to happen!

-Japanese actors for British/English luminaries. Yeah, I do realize the irony of complaining about this when it was made in Japan, but I do feel like Toei could've tried harder to find people to fill the roles.

-Musashi's wife/Unimportant Female Character #257. I think her name was Okyuu? Just there for exposition and nothing more. Honestly, you probably could've written her out of the film and just let Musashi handle all that dialogue. Other than the fact that she was in the same house, there was nothing about her that made me want to care about her character.

-I never understood why it takes so long for Kamen Riders to change into their final forms for movies like these. Takeru knew that Boost didn't have enough strength from fighting earlier, so why not just switch to Infinite and be done?

-Payoff for pretty much everything is nill. Takeru get's more time due to plot hax, also known as Protagonist Powers, everyone goes home and all is right in the world.

I think Toei should lay off the Taisen movies and extra junk and focus more on the writing, because ever since Wizard/Gaim, it feels like it's been straight Toy Sales and marketing with their products, and I am really having a hard time wanting to watch more if this is the quality of writing we are going to get.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”