Jyuohger 01 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:59 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
63%
☆☆☆☆
30%
☆☆☆
2%
☆☆
2%
2%

Total votes: 46
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Re: Jyuohger 01 released

Post by njb »

TorchWood wrote:
AxemYellow wrote:Gimmick seems to be plastic cubes reminiscent of preschool toys. I hope I can get used to that.
Think pixels.... and then wash Adam Sandler out of your brain.
*Voxels not pixels. Pixels are two-dimensional; voxels are 3-D.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

njb wrote:
*Voxels not pixels. Pixels are two-dimensional; voxels are 3-D.
Potato tomato all are from eggplant family anyway :P
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Okay. A bit late to the party but just clearing my backlog.

So far the most interesting thing for me are the villains. I like the theme of them being game hunters but also being video game arcade themed. It meshes well with the theme of the heroes.

Will have to wait a little before commenting on anything else any more. One thing I will say is that I dislike these first episodes where they do first transformations and force a giant robot battle in as well. It kind of ruins the pacing. Also, the suit for the robot looks nice. Pity the DX toy is rubbish.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

So this is the first Sentai show I'm watching as it comes out. I'd tried Ninninger, but I gave up after the first episode and a half; so far, though, this show looks a lot better in several ways.

I like the new Red a lot; I think that a fun-loving hero who can still take a situation seriously is the kind of Red that Sentai needs. The cube motif was pretty mixed at times; sometimes I loved it (such as with the weapons and the wonderful building designs in Jyuland), and sometimes I felt like I had to skip ahead a few minutes (particularly with the lion cube and the giant mech--being used to Ultraman-style rubber suits made the mechs look pretty clunky). From a technical aspect, the animal costumes look much better done than the Gekiranger ones I've seen so far, and the effects themselves implied much more of a budget than I'd seen earlier. I like the helmet designs and gloves for the Jyuohger suits, but other than that they feel a bit generic; that said, it turned out to be less of an issue than I thought it'd be.

Overall, the only real stumbling block (pun not intended) for the episode was its unfortunate number of plot holes and general missteps. Most of these were along the lines of the new Sentai unleashing new powers (complete with catchphrases), then saying that they had no idea what was going on. The biggest in my opinion, though, was that one human who'd had relatively little contact with Jyuland technology could defeat the monster of the week, while four presumably trained guardians of Jyuland couldn't.

Overall, the episode felt pretty mixed; it easily fulfilled the basic needs of a first Sentai episode (introducing the characters, having them all get used to being a team, and introducing the mech), but I'm not sure there was much else. That said, given how positive the reactions have been, it may just be me. I'll probably wait a few episodes and see what happens then.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

lostinbrave wrote:
Fat D wrote:Took me a while to understand that Jyuman is a pun on human. I was wondering why the plural was not Jyumen.

Also, as for the whole Jagd business, Jagd means hunt. As in the hunt you go on. Hunter is Jäger and "to hunt" is jagen.
Are you german? or just learnt it somewhere.
First one.
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

a good start.
the acting is 1 problem but overall the episodes is quite good. sounds promising start
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
arromdee
Go Go!

Post by arromdee »

arromdee wrote:It's too bad Yamato didn't say "Humans are animals too!", use the cube, and turn into JyuohgerHuman. He could either have a selfie printed on his suit, or he could have a picture of some piece of technology humans are known for, like a car.
Having said this last February, I suppose I am a prophet.

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”