Jyuohger 01 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:59 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
63%
☆☆☆☆
30%
☆☆☆
2%
☆☆
2%
2%

Total votes: 46
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Re: Jyuohger 01 released

Post by mholden020 »

takenoko wrote:I mean, it took a while for someone to point out that the Kyouryuuger enemies were based on Wizard of Oz too. So maybe once some design stuff comes out, it'll be more obvious? I still wish there were a more obvious theme for their naming convention.
Wat. :shock:
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
RyuShinEX
Go Go!

Post by RyuShinEX »

I feel sad for the sentai series that's before an anniversary one. they get so shafted into their face. poor gosei & ninin.

love the design of this series. the different shapes they used for both sides, villains suits etc. it's like a lesson about shapes.

red's sword reminds me of a whip. animals taking their revenge to whip asses? haha

so it's minecraft lovers vs game & gambling lovers?

pretty sure the sixth won't be the eagle/falcon. that's stupid to make it the same as the main hero. makes me wonder which animal the sixth will take up

will gao rangers make an appearance? who knows.

i bet the minecraft world will get hacked by the villains at the end of the series.

would love to have a monkey cube too!

had a good laugh at the horse masks.

"hey, the horse masks are popular on the internet! let's use them in this series!"

saw some of the familiar locations in the ending. haha party outside of white overlord's home & the dancing stage

the main villain, Gini?, seems to be 2-in-1. the belly or the middle part looks like another head.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

takenoko wrote: When we did the group watch, someone pointed out that there's a roulette table in the middle of their arrow ship.
The floor is a dartboard too, right? Not sure (or maybe it's also patterned after a roulette table too)
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

mholden020 wrote:
takenoko wrote:I mean, it took a while for someone to point out that the Kyouryuuger enemies were based on Wizard of Oz too. So maybe once some design stuff comes out, it'll be more obvious? I still wish there were a more obvious theme for their naming convention.
Wat. :shock:
The Kyouryuuger part? Yeah, Candelira is Dorothy. Aigallon is the Tin Man. Luckyuro is the Scarecrow. And Dogold was the Cowardly Lion.

And the monster for the movie was designed after Toto (sorta). It says so in the design notes for the Blu-ray. No lie!
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave

Post by njb »

Is Jagd/Jagged the first general killed by a sentai in ep 1? (If I understood it correctly, he is one)
Watching:
- KR Saber
Finished:
- KR Decade to Zero-One
RyuShinEX
Go Go!

Post by RyuShinEX »

does the design notes come in all blu-ray?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I dunno if I count Jagd as a commander. He's not even listed on the character page. He's pretty much just a monster of the week.
RyuShinEX wrote:does the design notes come in all blu-ray?
They usually include some stills with designs and stuff. Here's some I grabbed from the Shinken Blu-ray:
Dragg
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Gym!

Post by Dragg »

Really great for a first episode. I'm excited to see what their full roll call is like.

One thing I didn't like are the name announcement sounds for the cube animals, it's really grating on the ears, especially when it's the same tone for everything and used consecutively... but really, it just sounds awful for me.
xPrimexTimex
Infinity

Post by xPrimexTimex »

*literal arms flaying about as episode ended*

This was GREAT. Not just great, but FUN. Like...wow. I'm hyped!!

Cube motif is actually pretty cool, especially when you tie it in with the video game motif the villains have and it make sense. Episode started off slow but then picked up in pace but it never went too fast so you were engaged in the action but it never felt wrong. The animations that happened once they transformed were very good, love their roll call.

Red here is A VAST IMPROVEMENT over a certain red *cough*Takaharu*cough* which is quite nice.

I like the color and the music and general flow of the episode. As a theatre practitioner, color me impressed.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave

Post by njb »

I hope the background effect on 2:36 will never appear again, Toei. That was horrible, and hurt my eyes a lot (even more than the Helheim effect initially in Gaim)!!
Watching:
- KR Saber
Finished:
- KR Decade to Zero-One
RyuShinEX
Go Go!

Post by RyuShinEX »

takenoko wrote:
RyuShinEX wrote:does the design notes come in all blu-ray?
They usually include some stills with designs and stuff. Here's some I grabbed from the Shinken Blu-ray:
off topic: I see. Do you plan to upload the stills to your tumblr then?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It's funny how people are just so relieved. Like they've been going through a bad experience, and now they're having a moment to release some held back tension.

Oh yeah, the narrator/toys are voiced by Shitari from Shinken's actor, Cho. Try to unhear squidface when the voices talk now!

What stills?
RyuShinEX
Go Go!

Post by RyuShinEX »

stills of the designs & stuff?

ya, it was a bad experience for the past year. at least KR is picking up after wizard, imo.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

Wow, they sure don't wait around for this season, kinda reminds me of Gokaiger first episode.

Those horse masks though.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
Shipuujin
Infinity
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Shipuujin »

I'm sure the names were already officially released, but is it possible that the main leader is called Genus rather than Genis? The series is about species, so I feel that Genus would make more sense.
That said:

Great first episode. Not much about plot, but that's too be expected. I think that "thief" is probably going to be the 6th member. The battles were great, and I loved the finisher for JyuOhRed.
I find the Gattai limitation to be amusing, since that would mean quite many different combinations. Still not sure on the Cube gimmicks, especially since Leo looks derpy as hell, but they are interesting gimmicks so far.

Hopefully this series turns out great!

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”