Jyuohger 01 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:59 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
63%
☆☆☆☆
30%
☆☆☆
2%
☆☆
2%
2%

Total votes: 46
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Jyuohger 01 released

Post by takenoko »

Fat D wrote:Took me a while to understand that Jyuman is a pun on human. I was wondering why the plural was not Jyumen.

Also, as for the whole Jagd business, Jagd means hunt. As in the hunt you go on. Hunter is Jäger and "to hunt" is jagen.
We did Jyumen in the preview, but realized that the plural of humans isn't humen.

Frank Jager???
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

takenoko wrote:Frank Jager???
Just a typical Germanic name. If I were to grab a phone-book I'm sure I'd find at least one Frank Jager.

I notice some mention a theming overload. Animals, Hunting and Games. But I think they work well together. With the Heroes being Animals, the Villains being Hunters and the over-arching theme being a more modern interpretation of the phrase "Deadliest Game".

When was the last time we had such an open reference to the possibility/existence of a sixth? (Although obviously a lot can change during development, I'm reminded of the (I think) green and pink squares on Go-Buster equipment)

So far, really liking the designs, I was in the camp that thought the designs were to simple from the photos, but in movement they did look quite good.

Also, just for the record, I quite like the distinction you guys make between Jyu and Zyu, with the Z transliteration being archaic and only used when referring to Dinosaurs and the like.
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Barim wrote:
takenoko wrote:Frank Jager???
Just a typical Germanic name. If I were to grab a phone-book I'm sure I'd find at least one Frank Jager.
It's a metal gear reference. There was a character in it who was particularly good at killing Germans, so he became known as the "German hunter" AKA Frank Jager. It's a clue that he's related to Naomi Hunter.

Eren Jaeger???
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

Good setup and first episode. There seem to be a lot of similarities to Gaoranger so far. Main character is a "zoologist" rather than a vet.

Villains seem like fun (even if aliens are overdone) - they're playing an arcade game.

Gimmick seems to be plastic cubes reminiscent of preschool toys. I hope I can get used to that.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

AxemYellow wrote:Gimmick seems to be plastic cubes reminiscent of preschool toys.
Agree--some of the cubes look horrible (looking at you, JyuohBuster). They don't seem to be collectibles though.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

First off, this was a perfectly fine first episode, though I do worry, mostly cause of Ninninger last year, that it might fall into the trap of Red is most important. Still we've gotten a fair shake of their base personalities so we can build up the characters better as the show progresses, that's nice.

The Link Cube only works if you have six MoKs plugged into it huh? Guess having Jyuuland was just too expensive for the whole series... Don't see why, they could just borrow more shocked horse masks from the dollar store. I'm sorry but those horse masks just, I've seen them too much, they take me out of even 'this TV Show is telling me it's a horse Jyuman' and leaves me with 'This TV show is telling me, that there's a whole group of humans who have disguised themselves with horse heads in JyuLand'... But that's me.

I, think the DG Aliens ship is suppose to be like a roulette wheel maybe? Or like the pointer for one? Also... does their leader have legs? Or does he just, end at the torso and have that moving platform? Is that going to be his equivalent of taking the gloves off? He opens up that platform thing and shows he can walk?

Can, can I just, take that scene of Yamato shouting 'Humans are animals', and turn that into a poster? So I can point to it every now and then? I, I would very much like that.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Kogashi wrote:First off, this was a perfectly fine first episode, though I do worry, mostly cause of Ninninger last year, that it might fall into the trap of Red is most important. Still we've gotten a fair shake of their base personalities so we can build up the characters better as the show progresses, that's nice.

The Link Cube only works if you have six MoKs plugged into it huh? Guess having Jyuuland was just too expensive for the whole series... Don't see why, they could just borrow more shocked horse masks from the dollar store. I'm sorry but those horse masks just, I've seen them too much, they take me out of even 'this TV Show is telling me it's a horse Jyuman' and leaves me with 'This TV show is telling me, that there's a whole group of humans who have disguised themselves with horse heads in JyuLand'... But that's me.

I, think the DG Aliens ship is suppose to be like a roulette wheel maybe? Or like the pointer for one? Also... does their leader have legs? Or does he just, end at the torso and have that moving platform? Is that going to be his equivalent of taking the gloves off? He opens up that platform thing and shows he can walk?

Can, can I just, take that scene of Yamato shouting 'Humans are animals', and turn that into a poster? So I can point to it every now and then? I, I would very much like that.
Don't forget we never saw Gosei world in goseigers when the tower destroyed in first episode. I doubt it is a budget decision it is more like they want to give heroes a reason to fight on this side. They could write it so heroes might return back to zyuland at will but than it would be hard to summon them back to here imagine Yamato running to link cube every time a villian attack and use his cube.
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

AxemYellow wrote:Gimmick seems to be plastic cubes reminiscent of preschool toys. I hope I can get used to that.
Think pixels.... and then wash Adam Sandler out of your brain.
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
D_B
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Please delete this account.
2nd Favorite Series: Please delete this account.
Dreamy: Please delete this account.
Favorite Actor?: Please delete this account.
Favorite Band: Please delete this account.
My boom: Please delete this account.
Quote: Please delete this account.

Post by D_B »

I am glad so many seem to be enjoying this series premiere. And (as always) I am truly grateful to the wonderful folks here at TV Nihon for the excellent work!

However... I had to sit down 4 times to get through the episode. Things would happen, and I would say, "Nope". Typically followed by another "nope" and an occasional "aw, hell no". So much random "WTF" and "Why would they think to do that?" and, of course, "Who would ever, in a million years, reflexively do that?"

Many of my favorite Sentai teams over the years had strong explanations and logical reasons for the team of heroes, and even the method of transforming, RIGHT from the start. Yeah, yeah, I know, "It's just the first episode, wait for it to develop." Had this been the first year I ventured into a Sentai to be bewildered by how... not... "good"... I felt it started, I'd be totally happy giving it more time. Goodness knows I have SEVERAL other recent Sentai series. But, I have been kind of trending negative on Sentai for awhile, now. GoOnger really annoyed me, and it was the first series to pull a highly negative reaction from me. I recovered from it, though... because Shinkenger seriously was my all time favorite (and I love virtually ALL of the previous series, even the oddball stuff like Battle Fever and GoGoFive), but then I had to suffer through Goseiger (sometimes fast forwarding through several episodes in a row, because so much of it was just... crap, IMO). Then, Gokaiger was very good... and I have been more or less choking and bitching my way through series after series that I honestly have not been able to get through without taking breaks. Or fast forwarding through episodes. Or, sometimes, SKIPPING episodes, entirely (something I honestly never imagined I would do with any Sentai series). And then, there was Ninninger... which was so terrible I honestly skipped over half the episodes, and cannot force myself to bother with the ending.

I really, REALLY hoped the next Sentai would blow me away, and bring me back into the fold. I wanted to love this year's series. Honest!
But... I really, really hate it. Alot. The characters, the "animal costumes", the random cube nonsense, the mecha... all of it.

Honestly, I am very glad it seems to just be me. Maybe there is nothing wrong with the more recent Sentai, and I am just broken. If so many others are enjoying it, then Sentai will continue on for many years to come. And that's a good thing! It'll just go on without me, because I am well and truly done. I haven't enjoyed my time while watching in several years, now. Hell, I no longer even consider myself a Sentai fan, since I dislike so much of what the current fanbase is thrilled to talk about.

Thanks again, to the awesome team at TVNihon, for the best subs (fan, pro, or otherwise) to ever grace the Sentai series. And for the Kamen Rider series I do still love, and watch every single week. This post isn't intended to be a "Debbie Downer" of any kind (though re-reading it, it kinda seems like some chick named Debbie is really down), just my opinion on the new show. If nothing else, take it as a contrasting viewpoint from someone that has watched for many, many years.
Please delete this account.
arromdee
Go Go!

Post by arromdee »

It's too bad Yamato didn't say "Humans are animals too!", use the cube, and turn into JyuohgerHuman. He could either have a selfie printed on his suit, or he could have a picture of some piece of technology humans are known for, like a car.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I am wondering if Sela is ever going to call a random adult male character "boy"?
zigmenthotep
Adventure
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zigmenthotep »

arromdee wrote:It's too bad Yamato didn't say "Humans are animals too!", use the cube, and turn into JyuohgerHuman. He could either have a selfie printed on his suit, or he could have a picture of some piece of technology humans are known for, like a car.
Oh great, now for the rest of the show I'm going to be wishing this had happened.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

resop2 wrote:I am wondering if Sela is ever going to call a random adult male character "boy"?
Huh? Why would that happen?
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

takenoko wrote:
resop2 wrote:I am wondering if Sela is ever going to call a random adult male character "boy"?
Huh? Why would that happen?
It would be a reference to Mezool from Kamen Rider OOO who had a shark like head when she was in her greeed form.
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by lostinbrave »

Fat D wrote:Took me a while to understand that Jyuman is a pun on human. I was wondering why the plural was not Jyumen.

Also, as for the whole Jagd business, Jagd means hunt. As in the hunt you go on. Hunter is Jäger and "to hunt" is jagen.
Are you german? or just learnt it somewhere.
ImageImage

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”