Jyuohger 10 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

☆☆☆☆☆
42%
☆☆☆☆
37%
☆☆☆
21%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 19
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Jyuohger 10 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last week's rating: 4 / 5 (14 votes)

Kind of an okay episode. I really disliked the poor timing of the in-group fight. Priorities, people. Also, it seemed to highlight the fact that we've got five people with super senses, who aren't capable of finding the things they look for. At this point, we've seen the Jyuohgers suffer more from their powers than be helped by them.

Always got to love a good mech design.

Was hoping to see Kusaka in his birdman form. I guess he's kind of an old Ankh. At least we know he can still fly and is red. It figures that this is the big reveal of the episode, so we only see a few seconds of it at the end. You've got some 'splaining to do, Kusaka.

I think we can all agree that the highlight of the episode is Leo grabbing Amu's Tiny Girl magazine and going "How cute!" Time to go to jail.

I still can't get into Sela's character. She seemed better in the last episode, but now they have her being all mopey and anti-social again. It's probably set up, but it doesn't go anywhere in this episode so what can I really say about it?
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Jyuohger 10 released

Post by PHurricane »

This series continues to impress me. Sometimes, it's hard to ramp up the tension in toku. The heroes have to continue to win every week - otherwise we wouldn't have heroes to watch. The catch-22, of course, is that the villains can't be too strong because it doesn't make sense for a strong enemy to lose week after week. So far, the monsters/games have been about scaring people or trying to kill people within a specific set of rules. Genis' game seemed to raise the stakes given the nature of his game - anyone who touches the shrinking barrier dies - but he doubly changed the rules by unleashing a robot that had been banned from the Blood Game for being too good at winning. That's definitely scary, and it makes perfect sense why none of the usual fight tactics worked against Gift.

They didn't dwell too long on Sela, so I appreciated the way the show acknowledged that the way the unsuccessful search for the missing Mark has been dragging out is affecting everyone slightly differently - Sela sadder, Leo louder, and Tusk quieter. I think Amu was holding up the best because she was the most curious about the human world, so she's distracting herself from her worries.

That was a fun fight scene at the start of the episode. It was almost a shame they called on their CGI powers to wipe all the grunts out.

Mysterious Man, please don't remind of Kusaka. Pleeeeease.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I was going to say that Amu's reaction seemed contradictory to her previous unethusiasm for doing the random search. But then I considered her pragmatic personality, and it made sense that she would be the most level-headed among the Jyumans. She and Yamato sure get a lot of time together.

I wish they'd develop Loud, Mopey, and Whiny's personalities more.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Why do they need to yell across the city when the Jyouoh Cube is a phone?
Dragg
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Gym!

Post by Dragg »

Just a heads up, the SD version was incorrectly encoded to 1080p. It looks really pixelated even on window mode.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

On it, thanks for the quick heads up!
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele

Post by Ashki »

I had to give this a 3, which is the lowest I've rated an episode sofar for either SHT series. But come on... the show's starting to drag, and it's because the writers aren't paying attention.
Why do they need to yell across the city when the Jyouoh Cube is a phone?
Why does Takeru need to call upon 3 Eyecons to boost him when he had Houdini (and proved within two eps that he COULD use Houdini? And why are they not using the smaller cubes to increase their battle power at the end of this ep?

Another pet peeve: You have them searching and Tusk remembers passing out the flyers...Well all those people saw a giant hologram of the switch so why not have them help look? Also, assuming the game was being played fairly, it should havebeen obvious to send one person to the epicentre of the dome. After all, you wouldn't want to put the off switch somewhere that will be deleted in the first five minutes Where's the fun in that?

Gotta give Genis credit, though, he's an honest player. He promised them a spectacular Gift, and they got one!

As for Sela, that moment at the beginning where she was staring at the shark photo was touching, but they should have left it there. Instead, they went out of her way to look like she has some major depressive disorder. Give my girl some lines, already. The in-fighting was hardly that, and the overall interactions seemed to be rather drab throughout the entire episode. The only part that seemed well-written was with the little girl trapped inside crying for her parents (ater acknowledging the fact that child-in-distress acting is usually pretty transparent).

I'm going to have to start getting tougher with this series if the writing doesn't improve, especially around Sela and Tusk.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Yaiba wrote:Why do they need to yell across the city when the Jyouoh Cube is a phone?
Because, screw Bandai, we can do stuff on our own? At least that's how I took it, that the characters had to make use with what they had rather than let their cubes bail them out of everything.
Ashki wrote:Why does Takeru need to call upon 3 Eyecons to boost him when he had Houdini (and proved within two eps that he COULD use Houdini?
Doesn't he need Makoto's bike in order to use Houdini?
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Yaiba wrote:Why do they need to yell across the city when the Jyouoh Cube is a phone?
Because yelling is faster than dialing? Also, they might have poor reception because of the dome.
Ashki wrote:Why does Takeru need to call upon 3 Eyecons to boost him when he had Houdini (and proved within two eps that he COULD use Houdini?
Houdini might not be fast enough to chase down the Gamma. Besides, Takeru might be thinking that by involving more eyecons in his plans he can boast their morale.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

resop2 wrote:Also, they might have poor reception because of the dome.
They're magical cubes. I don't think reception is an issue. :lol:
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

how often have we seen them use it as a phone? Yamato probably forgot in the rush to get the info to them, and what we probably don't see is, while the others get the switch, Am reminds him it's a phone, and he feels silly about yelling.
Shipuujin
Infinity
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Shipuujin »

Ok, first of all:

Off-Topic Spoiler:

Spoiler
The dome is almost exactly like One Piece's Dressrosa arc

On Topic:

Really loved this episode. This show does such impressive display of characterization. I like how Sela still dwells on wanting to return with Yamato trying to keep everyone happy. The search for Gift was a neat touch since it showed how everyone misses JyuLand greatly.

The dome was a very dark tactic. I guess that should be expected from the big boss of the DeathGalien. He does not joke aroudn at all! That poor cat got sacrificed for example reasons :(

I like how everyone's abilities were essentially shown to find Gift. (Although Sela's hearing ability was a bit odd usage since they could have just phoned her). They found hope that they could find hte Mark of the King by finding Gift.

I was surprised by how the dome's deactivator was a trap, as well. I mean I knew something bad was going to happen afterwards, but I didn't think THAT would happen! Gift is so unfair, just like what commanders both say. To think that Genis ended up using a Player that was banned because it was unfairly powerful. I guess he found amusement in using it because the JyuOhgers are strong enough to somewhat resist it.

Then at the end, the Eagle appears before Yamato, barely saving him from death. What I like is how the Eagle's human form is an old person. They let you remember that the Mark of the King's power transfer takes away the life force of the Jyuman. That is such a great touch.

Can't wait until the next episode. This show is doing so great so far!
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i wonder how many people died who sleep during the day and were trapped in that dome. night shift workers and lazy people alike since the dome didnt destroy anything but living matter ... except plants.

so the jyumen or jyuohger period cant really fight mechs eh? since gift is a robot.

finally though we meet mr red feather! ... and wait until next week. i wonder if he will sacrifice himself to give yamato a bigger boost?
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

The Zyuohgers started showing frustrations of their current situations.

That GIFT robot... I pity the poor guy inside.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

midorininger wrote:... except plants.
It did, in the "example scene" where the cat got uh deleted. The ground got a bit darker after the dome went past it.

Super Sentai should have a police arc, where the police catch up to them and make them take an account of the casualties
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”