Jyuohger 13 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat May 21, 2016 10:35 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆☆
39%
☆☆☆
11%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 18
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Jyuohger 13 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last week's rating: 4.15 / 5 (13 votes)

Pretty fun episode. It's nice to see that Leo starts off as overbearing, but kind of gives it up when he realizes she's not into him. I love Yamato's "Thanks for tripping all the traps" which comes off as a backhanded compliment.

I also loved all the Amu moments in the episode. She's the secret killer character of the series.

This might be a weird thing to say, but I like the monster of the week. I think it's important to take your time and be thorough with things. It's not often you see an admirable trait in monsters of the week.

Free trivia without having to go to our wiki:

Inoue Sayuri is a member of the group Nogizaka46. Her character name "Yuri" is a part of her real name "Sayuri" (even uses the same kanji).

According to Japanese wiki, she was a fan of CarRanger and Gingaman. She'd play games where she was the hostage, while her brothers played the heroes, and her dad played the villain.

Her favorite Sentai series is Goseiger. She lists GoseiRed as one of the people she admires and says a man like GoseiKnight would be her type. She likes the songs from MagiRanger and the transformations for Hurricaneger.

Commercials
Hey, that's Aragaki Yui (Ema from Sh15uya) in the Chikin Ramen commercial. Yeah, that's how they spell it officially.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: Jyuohger 13 released

Post by Yaiba »

Not a bad episode. They managed to make a stale love triangle plot really funny. An eagle to a parakeet, ha!

And Tusk's still caught in the rope and swinging around in the background is a great scene.

Yamato is showing his leading quality as a red again. I really enjoy moments like this.

Random new power is random.

Leo is suddenly wearing gloves when running to that huge rock at around 10:40.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

just because some girl saw him on a mountain he managed to indirectly caused love triangle within the team, just who is this bird-guy?

Funny episode, by the way.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
RyuShinEX
Go Go!

Post by RyuShinEX »

Amu's getting more development as a character and a lively one compared to the rest.

The actress carry it out very well.

so yamato just ruined the landmark. hope they'll continue the eagle bird gag on him.

I wonder why did other animals come out of Jyuland...
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Leo is more like a trap monkey in this episode.

Still not really a fan of random powerup just appearing like what happened in Toqger when:

Spoiler
Police Ressha being in a bunch of junk with no buildup at all.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Leo is still my faave character. But come to think about it, why does Yamato had to walk the mountain when he could just fly over them? Also Sela to me it's kinda funny, she reminds me of a friend i got that everything i do seems to piss her off.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

eijiman wrote:Leo is still my faave character. But come to think about it, why does Yamato had to walk the mountain when he could just fly over them? Also Sela to me it's kinda funny, she reminds me of a friend i got that everything i do seems to piss her off.
Why don't the eagles just fly Frodo to Doom Mountain?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Doom Mountain. Take plz.

Bird Kusaka has indirectly caused a love triangle to occur. It keeps happening!

Bear axe was a cool weapon but agree with others its appearance was kind of shit. Would have been better if they just smashed the monster with a giant stone axe formation.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I have a similar knowledge of many things!
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

oh hey guys im over here if you need a bear axe. or not. yay they noticed me!

I liked how Yamato lifted Leo up with out being corny about it. i enjoyed this weeks episode, even if filler it was still close to the finding bird guy plot.

also first time yamato went from eagle to gorilla and back again to eagle, was interesting to go he still have to say awaken animal instinct, and it wasnt just flipping the visor down to power off, THOUGH, he can henshin right into gorilla, so i guess it makes sense.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

IWhile there was a lot of comedy in this episode (Tusk constantly stepping in the bear traps, for example), and their surprise when the stone axe turned out to be a lost cube kind of made up for the sudden save by making it a lottle more of a comedic twist. However, Leo being a horny yellow lion just smacked way too much of Rai from Shougeki Gouraigan. The fact that this pervy side didn't emerge for 13 episodes despite being around lots of lovely ladies really dragged the believability down.

I do love how Amu's feline reeflexes saved her from getting chocolate pudding all over her face and also meant she was the only one not caught by the traps. But I think its unfair that she's the most developed character in the show and has a habit of outshining the focal characters almost every ep. At least Tusk provided more comedic relief by being such a clutz.

In the end, though, this episode relied almost completely on slapstick humour and Yuna's cuteness to hold it up. I would have given it a 3 except for seeing Yamato with a parakeet head. That alone was worth an extra point (and it didn't hurt that he spent the remaining moments acting just like a parakeet). More parakeet Yamato!
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

By the way, i hate the fact that the axe looks more minecratfish than the rest of the weapons.
Philip Aldraine
Kamen Knight
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Koko kara wa ore no sutēji da!

Post by Philip Aldraine »

Funny episode. Poor Leo! I wish he and Yuna would get together.
Currently Watching: Ex-Aid, Kyuranger.

'Once you've seen the light, you can never go back to the darkness!'
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yuna? Yuri? Yuri means "lily".
Philip Aldraine
Kamen Knight
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Koko kara wa ore no sutēji da!

Post by Philip Aldraine »

Bah! I meant Yuri. I was typing on my phone and for some reason it autocorrected to Yuna. Sorry.
Currently Watching: Ex-Aid, Kyuranger.

'Once you've seen the light, you can never go back to the darkness!'

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”