Jyuohger 14 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 29, 2016 12:32 am

☆☆☆☆☆
36%
☆☆☆☆
55%
☆☆☆
9%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 11
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Jyuohger 14 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last week's rating: 4.39 / 5 (18 votes)

Instead of attending her wedding, Fuwa shed big tears at her funeral because he decided morals were more important than her life-saving surgery. America's medical system has failed another individual. 5/5 for tragic story.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Re: Jyuohger 14 released

Post by takenoko »

Alright, fake post aside.

I liked the episode, and thought it was funny, but was disappointed that it seemed like a shallow episode because of all the jokes? But it's not, since there's some moral complexity and it has an ambiguous ending. But Amu, who is so delightful in the background of other episodes, is pretty bland and flat here. Maybe it's because she's not the one who has to make the moral choice, nor does she have to reap any of the repercussions of the consequences. She literally is just saying idealistic things and ignoring all the real world implications of it.

If Marin's actress looks familiar, she's the girl in the statue who sings in Yami wo Terasu Mono. I was going to ask what happened to that girl, but then I remembered how stupid that story is.

Next week preview:
Spoiler
Didn't they do this episode in MagiRanger?
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Regarding the spoiler tag: Yes, they did, and that's exactly what the preview reminded me of.

The episode ending was kind of a downer, but realistic. Without the money, however it was obtained, it doesn't sound like Marin would get the surgery anytime soon. It's hard to tell how quickly she needs the surgery, since they were vague about what "complicated" medical condition she has that would require her to travel overseas for surgery.

I thought Amu came across okay this episode, but it wasn't exactly happy material that she had to work with so I can see why she might have come across a bit flat. My favorite moment was when she unleashed on Dorobouzu and everyone else just stood back - Leo with his arms folded across his chest. Actually, I'm disappointed that she didn't get more time one-on-one against Dorobouzu considering how angry she was.

Naria pulling Dorobouzu aside makes me wish she could become the shadow leader behind the third game commander. I wouldn't be shocked if they eventually have her become the third leader straight out (especially since Huntajii strikes me as another one-off monster), but the idea of her sternly advising a team leader in private is amusing.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

Is this the first time the correct color is not the person who explains the Doubutsu Hide-and-Seek thing at the start? Amu was the one, but it's blue this week.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

There is no white cube in the hide-and-seek game. Every time Amu do the explaining the answer is always another color.

Off the top of my head, I think she has done at least 2 or 3 times explaining.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray

Post by xiiliea »

Yaiba wrote:There is no white cube in the hide-and-seek game. Every time Amu do the explaining the answer is always another color.

Oh oops. My first time noticing then.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Yaiba wrote:There is no white cube in the hide-and-seek game. Every time Amu do the explaining the answer is always another color.

I'm pretty sure the kids who got the trick always get irritated if Amu shows up for the explaining :lol:
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Exactly what kind of surgery would require going abroad and cost millions of yen? Japan's medical system is pretty darn good so that means it'd have to be a seriously rare and complicated disease, and the fact that it'll cost a lot of money leads me to believe they're talking about the US because most other countries have universal health insurance. The only thing I can think of is some kind of heart condition, which would require her to be hospitalized most of the time, but able to go outside for short spurts, however, give a reduced life span so she'd be unsure about being able to get married.

So yeah, idealistic and ultimately this kind of black and white decision doesn't fly in the real world. They don't even mention what happened to her after the brother decided to give the money back.
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

I liked this episode. Granted, it probably would've played better if Amu or any of the Jyuohgers had to make the decision, but still a good episode that didn't play it safe with giving the guard both options.
hinomars19
Go Go!
Favorite Actor?: Kitagawa keiko
Favorite Band: Koda Kumi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: Yui Koike is like a kitten wrapped in cotton wool eating candyfloss. This cannot be disputed. You try, I flip your table (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Post by hinomars19 »

This whole episode, Amu's character included, was let down by the simple fact it is a kid's show. And by that I mean 'kiddy' show. Sentai isn't what it used to be, and whilst I am enjoying Jyuohger for what it is in itself, it doesn't lend itself to this hardcore a plot. There are easier, kid friendlier, ways to teach the same message (don't steal, work hard etc) this was a very odd topic to try and tackle given the obvious restrictions, and the whole thing comes across as empty and a little heartless. I think Amu was fine given what she had to work with, but they don't make angry sentai heroines the way they used to.

Honestly, if I may be so bold, this is the kind of public service announcement I'd expect from the Chinese government.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I have mixed feelings about that. I mean, being sick with a life-threatening disease isn't a kiddy topic. But the whole handling of it seems oversimplified. Even though the ending is clearly ambiguous and leans toward something less than a Disney ending.

I guess the moral really takes away from the story. "Don't steal, kids. No matter what!"

I think it's interesting that Arakawa Naruhisa wrote this episode. He's known for writing old Sentai episodes.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

On next ep preview: they had something similar in Gokaiger too, right?
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

The highlight of this episode is that Naria is given more than her usual script.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I was sort of hoping that the guard was going to say he was going to return all 4 million zen to the police... the non-happy ending to this episode gave me weird feelings.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

The guard did say he was going to return the money.

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”