Jyuohger 15 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:54 am

☆☆☆☆☆
56%
☆☆☆☆
28%
☆☆☆
11%
☆☆
6%
No votes

Total votes: 18
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Jyuohger 15 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last week's rating: 4.3 / 5 (10 votes)

Leo and Tusk conflict episode. Hurray! And it works, because of how different their personality types are. I'm sad that Amu is mostly useless in this episode though. I'm a bit surprised, since it seems like neither Leo nor Tusk really learned much of a lesson about appreciating each other's traits, but at least they took out the sniper guy.

For some reason, I thought the lion guy in the preview was a new character. He sort of reminds me of that lion faced guy from DekaRanger.

I'm so glad they had that shot of Mario with all the people in the tree house at the end. I remembered thinking in the back of my head "huh, if they just revert to normal, doesn't mean all those dolls back at the tree house will be still there?"
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Re: Jyuohger 15 released

Post by Slowking »

Brilliant. I did not expect the rivalry between them to be presented and developed so well throughout the episode. I liked how it wasn't just Tusk teaching Leo to calm down; both learned something from each other.

I was also surprised when Yamato became a doll after Sela. I thought the two girls would be the first two to fall just because the leader had to hang around a bit more.

Nice touch at the end with the people. Small details like this tie everything together so well.

Oh and, serious Magiranger flashbacks from this ep -
Spoiler
Magi 37 & 38
. This remained positively original however.
Behold the Emperor!
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

And here I thought the sniper guy would be a new Leader. Pity, I kinda liked his design. I have to say that the monster designs for this year's Sentai are pretty neat.

I'm more surprised that Mario didn't notice the pile of dolls in his home. Would have been really awkward and possibly disturbing if he picked up some and did 'surgeries' on them.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

I was slightly bothered that Sera and the rest didnt become jyuman dolls as i felt that would have made more sense.
but ...
WHO CARES ABOUT THAT!?

i like Yamato more now because of that dance vid. he is not at all stiff, and frankly, i like the dance so having a vid for it, well .... i mean there is a ninninger dance vid but it doesnt seem to be anyone from the team doing it, unless i couldnt tell who they were because of different outfit.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

After having taken an impromptu break from Jyuohger for a few weeks due to being busy with work, I've finding that I can't get back into it. The major plot threads are interesting, but the character filler of the last few episodes just isn't holding my attention.

At least with Ninninger I hated it, so I felt something. With Jyohger I'm coming up ambivalent, which in a way is even worse.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

midorininger wrote:I was slightly bothered that Sera and the rest didnt become jyuman dolls as i felt that would have made more sense.
That seems to have happened a lot in the past few episodes, and I couldn't be happier about that. Coming off the "We must have Takaharu or the show won't go on" (I actually had to look up his name because I forgot it already), this seems like much more of a balanced team instead of four and a leader.

I found it very strange that Mario's first reaction to a doll was to grab a pair of scissors and remove the legs.... I don't think I'd live in that house anymore after that, but that's just me.

I'm enjoying this series a lot, and it's really surprising me. We've had a few story-irrelevant filler episodes, but they're still entertaining. I haven't looked forward to the Sentai episodes since Toqger and it kind of makes me wonder would I feel the same way if Ninninger hadn't happened.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

midorininger wrote:i like Yamato more now because of that dance vid. he is not at all stiff, and frankly, i like the dance so having a vid for it, well .... i mean there is a ninninger dance vid but it doesnt seem to be anyone from the team doing it, unless i couldnt tell who they were because of different outfit.
I have to agree with you on how comfortable and into it Yamato-san is on the dance vid, as for the Ninninger dance video, the main one had all the main team in it, there was a single dancer video with the singer? and then there was the brief dance vid from Fuuka (ShiroNinger) who was the only decent and fluid dancer of the team.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

mholden020 wrote: That seems to have happened a lot in the past few episodes, and I couldn't be happier about that. Coming off the "We must have Takaharu or the show won't go on" (I actually had to look up his name because I forgot it already), this seems like much more of a balanced team instead of four and a leader.

I found it very strange that Mario's first reaction to a doll was to grab a pair of scissors and remove the legs.... I don't think I'd live in that house anymore after that, but that's just me.

I'm enjoying this series a lot, and it's really surprising me. We've had a few story-irrelevant filler episodes, but they're still entertaining. I haven't looked forward to the Sentai episodes since Toqger and it kind of makes me wonder would I feel the same way if Ninninger hadn't happened.
no i meant, when Sera, Amu, And tusk got hit with the gun, like if their dolls were a shark girl, tiger girl, and an elephant man dolls and yamato being the only human doll. as the illusion from the mark of the king wouldnt disguise the doll right? and the gun shouldnt recognize an illusion? or perhaps im expecting too much, and its a minor detail?
BUT YES!
i like that they are a team of equals, no one is more important that the rest, and nothing is centric on just 1 member. to quote a member on here, last season was "ranger red and his amazing friends!" but this season is more team oriented. which is great as i can actually recall things everyone has done and what their unique abilities are.
Eternal_Winterbane wrote: I have to agree with you on how comfortable and into it Yamato-san is on the dance vid, as for the Ninninger dance video, the main one had all the main team in it, there was a single dancer video with the singer? and then there was the brief dance vid from Fuuka (ShiroNinger) who was the only decent and fluid dancer of the team.
nah i though Kinji was a pretty fluid dancer, and his movements were very fluid as well,and at times a bit more energentic than needed, but Kinji was high energy i think so it was okay.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

In a sense, it is still "ranger red and his amazing friends!". Yamato was the one we followed into Jyuland and the one with the plot-line about Birdman and his parents. Sure, everyone else is coming off as important but eventually, it's going to be a lot of Red, a lot of the time. You guys can't get away from it that easily. :lol:
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I actually disagree there, Yamato is more of an audience stand-in since he's the only human among the lot. We see things from his viewpoint, so yeah, it does focus on him but it doesn't *focus* on him.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele

Post by Ashki »

I don't know, while they seem like a team of equals, some characters have been getting far more spotlight than others. I'm really getting tired of the fact that we're 15 episodes in and Sela's gotten (questionably) ONE development episode which consisted off one brief conversation and her writing a letter. At least they're giving Tusk some time finally, but seriously, there are FIVE team members, not four and a random cutie who sticks around for the fights.

I liked this villain, I'll admit. His design and too much time watching sentai told me he'd bite it by the end of the ep, though. I wonder if Jagd's vacancy will result in ambitious minions biting it every ep from here on out. Goranger did a really good job of that.

Still, I feel as though the series is drying up for me. The baddies aren't getting much development, Sela barely exists, and they've abandoned the major plot points more often than Ghost, which has a dozen episode lead. Something interesting needs to start happening or I may just rewatch Ninninger instead. And that says something... :?
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:In a sense, it is still "ranger red and his amazing friends!". Yamato was the one we followed into Jyuland and the one with the plot-line about Birdman and his parents. Sure, everyone else is coming off as important but eventually, it's going to be a lot of Red, a lot of the time. You guys can't get away from it that easily. :lol:
While we do follow Yamato, like Lunagel said we are doing so as he is our window into this world, he is not the focus, if this was in the style of Ninninger we'd have already wrapped up the Birdman plot and the parent plot instead we are basically watching Animal Sentai featuring Human. On that I had an interesting thought while watching this weeks episode normally the major combined mecha has the Leader in the middle ala Ninninger, Toqger, but this year Red's the arms which I found to be a nice touch (honestly never spotted it before) and while the first two mecha's have Red on top, having him as the arms shows a bit of a supporting aspect to him which is evident throughout this episode, he supports his friends, covers for them, believes in them to win through even when he's a doll (which Takaharu would have still somehow defeated the monster in a doll form -_- )

Anyway the point i'm trying to make is, maybe as the series progresses further we will see the entire team being the main focus instead of just the red, as I think there was alot of dislike for how Ninninger played out so they are trying to change the formula slightly (not sure, haven't really looked it up :/ )
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

ViRGE wrote:After having taken an impromptu break from Jyuohger for a few weeks due to being busy with work, I've finding that I can't get back into it. The major plot threads are interesting, but the character filler of the last few episodes just isn't holding my attention.

At least with Ninninger I hated it, so I felt something. With Jyohger I'm coming up ambivalent, which in a way is even worse.
Give it a few more episodes - once the sixth ranger is introduced, it should shake things up.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Ooh, speaking of which, it's been a few years since it's taken this long for an extra member to get introduced, hasn't it? I sort of like it. Early extra members really make the plot feel rushed to me.
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

Yup. Kyoryuger and Ninninja were crazy early. However, ToQger was not, despite the suit design being brought out early by Ticket.

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”