About our Jyumen

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

About our Jyumen

Post by midorininger »

With The World getting 3 jyuman powers, and Yamato having 2 with potential to get more, im curious what everyone is thinking about our 4 jyumen. Like, they seem to be developed enough that they wont fall to the way side, so they have invest something into them, but powers wise they seem to be falling behind. and the helmets SEEM designed to have visor flips, so im curious to see what everyones opinions are in terms of them gaining new powers and how. nothing says they have to get animal animal power, and they HAVE to power up the same way yamato does.
ideas ive had:
-awaken to the true animals within and use super animal insinct, but different than the world.
-they return home to attain weapons, akin to the eagle raiser, but this unlocks greater skills when a jyuman uses them with a mark of the king.
-they somehow can infuse each other with their skills but at the cost of 1 member not being able to fight. like sera can lend her power to tusk but then sera couldnt fight.
-ugh gain ability from past sentai teams

but what do you guys think?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: About our Jyumen

Post by takenoko »

For the last episode they'll have no choice but to put all their powers into Yamato, sacrificing themselves to beat a common enemy. I'm guessing.

We also use Jyumans instead of Jyumen, since we figure it's based on human/humans and not man/men.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

takenoko wrote:For the last episode they'll have no choice but to put all their powers into Yamato, sacrificing themselves to beat a common enemy. I'm guessing.

We also use Jyumans instead of Jyumen, since we figure it's based on human/humans and not man/men.
Yamato is Brajira then?!?!?!
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Jehal »

Maybe they'll just all turn into different versions of OOO.
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

ive seen art of yamato with the whole teams powers. i kinda dont like it but i kinda do?

i was also thinking how like, people didnt like takaharu getting all the 1-up mushrooms, and here with yamato thus far no one minds as much.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

It's because Takaharu sucked on all fronts, while Yamato is a pretty cool character with a good actor.
Diviana
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: "We're all fools so might as well dance."
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Diviana »

I feel like part of the reason that it seems more acceptable for Yamato to get power ups than Takaharu is that Yamato is the focus of the story without hogging the screen. We have a connect to the other Jyuohgers and good sense of their character so it doesn't quite feel like Yamato is stealing their spotlight like Takaharu with the Niningers. It also helps that Yamato is a more likable character.
Super Sentai I've watched: Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyouryuuger, Toqger, Ninninger, Jyuohger
Kamen Rider I've watched: Den-O, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote:We also use Jyumans instead of Jyumen, since we figure it's based on human/humans and not man/men.
I've been going with Zyumen since they pronounce it like "Jew-Man" rather than human so "Zyumans" sounds incredibly Engrishy.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

HowlingSnail wrote:
takenoko wrote:We also use Jyumans instead of Jyumen, since we figure it's based on human/humans and not man/men.
I've been going with Zyumen since they pronounce it like "Jew-Man" rather than human so "Zyumans" sounds incredibly Engrishy.
What? It's fine to have that for like Superman or Batman, who are individuals. Even Liveman, since it's a small team. But for whole specials, they probably based it off the word "human". Human and Jyuman are both species titles. It just makes more sense.

Also, it's Japanese. Have you heard them say Hyuu-man for human? "Human" is a foreign world to them, they over enunciate the way anyone would a foreign word.

I also don't understand the arbitrary criticism that Zyumans sounds Engrishy. It makes less sense than assuming all the species got together and decided to name themselves after the word "man".
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

I'm aware it's based on human. I'm also aware of how they'd likely pronounce human. But the fact of the matter is that regardless of the origins of the word, Zyuman is pronounced like man, not human. So it makes far more sense to me to pluralise it like the word man not like the word human. That's all. If you pronounce Zyuman like the Japanese actors (The correct way) then it makes far more sense to pluralise it as Zyumen then as Zyumans.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I still don't know what you're talking about with the pronunciation thing.

Here's how it's pronounced in Japanese

Human - Hyuuman (ヒューマン)
Jyuman - Jyuuman (ジューマン)

They're exactly the same except for one character!

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”