Jyuohger 19 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:11 am

☆☆☆☆☆
6%
☆☆☆☆
25%
☆☆☆
50%
☆☆
19%
No votes

Total votes: 16
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Jyuohger 19 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last week's rating: 4 / 5 (10 votes)

Sub Title - Buy the toys to get the gold panda ex machina

Kind of a by the numbers "brain washed bad guy turns good" episode. Can't really say anything surprised or terribly amused me about it.

Man, TheWorld sure is a skinny feller, ain't he?

Ha, Mondo. That's Italian for "world" isn't it?
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Jyuohger 19 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

takenoko wrote:Ha, Mundo. That's Spanish for "world" isn't it?
Yes. Also, a Filipino word.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I really want to know who action directed that fight with Jyuoh TheWorld at the start because it was horrible to watch.
It's not even about me being biased to the 80s style of stunt work.. Yamato just hangs in the air for a few seconds waiting to get kicked, that slow-mo filter when TheWorld attacked them was dumb (and it's kinda noticeable when they turn it off).
Lastly, I'm not sure why they focused the camera so much on TheWorld spinning his little dilly-dial instead of what it can do; unless it was an attempt on selling the toy but I'm sure they could've done it way better.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Pretty disappointing all around. Genis' control over TheWorld was broken way too easily. I forgot about Kuma turning into Gold Panda because it was so out of left field and even the characters remarked about how it didn't make sense. It felt like very lazy writing.

I do still enjoy how passionate Yamato is, and how he usually rallies the rest of the team to back him up by sticking to his principles. I just wish it didn't feel like the show is in a rush to get to the next plot point, whatever that may be.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

The highlight of this episode for me is the second fight when Yamato flew down to kick the MOTW up, and then the four slash at him from above.

Then Sela pointed upwards at the falling grunts, and her "oh my" expression.

It was way to fast and easy for TheWorld to break the control. He only met Yamato in like yesterday, it was too early for Yamato's words to have impact of him. Genis just looks like an idiot for creating and gifting a powerful warrior to the enemy. Here's hope that this is still all part of Genis's plan.
Farr
7X
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Farr »

Yaiba wrote:It was way to fast and easy for TheWorld to break the control. He only met Yamato in like yesterday, it was too early for Yamato's words to have impact of him. Genis just looks like an idiot for creating and gifting a powerful warrior to the enemy. Here's hope that this is still all part of Genis's plan.
lol ye, either his Char is just he does not give a shit about anything, or he was just to chill in the first Place, after his Mastertoy got snitched...

But yeah pretty Standard Episode, nothing really outstanding, the Shiny Golden Panda was weird, felt more like an notch to an Holiday or Panda awareness something, then an actuall power up, and the way it was obtained was even weirder...

The one thing that botheres me the most thou is that the Mechs already are numbered 7/8/9, can we make it more obvious that they join forces sooner or later? Would have been nice to have an Evil Ranger for longer than a month...
RoxasXIII
Infinity

Post by RoxasXIII »

no 1080p this week?

sorry for a bit OOT, but is that means there is no 1080p for Ghost too?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Golden panda axe was a little lame. So was how quick The World turned. Would have been nice if he hounded them over a few more episodes until they got the better of him.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

at least I'm not the only one who felt this was COMPLETELY rushed.

also... you'd think getting slapped on the back like that after waking up from getting the shit beat outta you would've hurt somewhat...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

RoxasXIII wrote:no 1080p this week?

sorry for a bit OOT, but is that means there is no 1080p for Ghost too?
Our capper was messed up. But we got Ghost's encoding okay so that'll get a full release at least.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

things i liked:
Naria has nunchuks!
Leon's little gun flip after the jyuoh shoot. he flipped it under his legs. very cool!

yeah for all the coins Genis put in him, youd think he'd have a stronger hold over him. plus his coins have mind control powers?

but whats more interesting that i HOPE they touch on is this: why did cube kuma becomes cube panda and turn gold? like whats its connection to those other animals or even The World to begin with that it felt compelled to act out? lets hope this is a subplot!
lastly did TheWorld glow silver at all during his mind control break? because i saw black and i saw gold. so im wondering if that has anything to do with cube panda as well.

personal note, get these boys some food!
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

Wish the evil Zyuohger would have lasted another episode or two, but oh well, decent episode.
Time for the weakening to begin. Or maybe continue his absurd power, but have drawbacks.
Galada
Go Go!

Post by Galada »

TypicalStandUser wrote:
takenoko wrote:Ha, Mundo. That's Spanish for "world" isn't it?
Yes. Also, a Filipino word.
Also a portuguese word.
Diviana
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: "We're all fools so might as well dance."
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Diviana »

I only caught up with Jyuohger in the last week and this seems to be the weakest episode so far. It seemed extremely rushed. I kind of wished TheWorld was a villain for at least two more episodes unless Genis-sama has another plan for him.
takenoko wrote: Man, TheWorld sure is a skinny feller, ain't he?
Maybe they were trying to go for he was tortured until he lost weight sort of look.
Super Sentai I've watched: Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyouryuuger, Toqger, Ninninger, Jyuohger
Kamen Rider I've watched: Den-O, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Another vote for this being way too rushed/easy. It's a disappointing end to TheWorld's intro arc, and the Panda makes absolutely no sense.

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”