Jyuohger 20 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:12 am

☆☆☆☆☆
20%
☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆
8%
☆☆
20%
12%

Total votes: 25
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Jyuohger 20 released

Post by takenoko »

Jehal wrote:
takenoko wrote:I don't really think Garren's in the same camp. His situation was that he had an addiction. And why his decision making was altered, he was ultimately the one in charge of those decisions.
That's what I mean. It sounds like you want Mondo to have been in a similar situation that Garren was in.
Oh! Yeah, maybe. I just want him to have a little more depth really. Maybe he'll be annoying next episode though.

That reminds me, I need to make a post about no Jyuohger next week.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Actually i liked Mondo, his sadness and such is not serious, in fact the acting in all those scenes seems to be overreactions, he will probably leave it next episode. Now we end up with a guy with a nonsensical personality and voices on his head. Probably Toei's attempt at a Deadpoolish ranger.
njb wrote: This episode was downright horrible. How can Amu (or whoever else) call him athletic? And why be such a jerk, Misao Mondo??
He's wiry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN7r7nk0-zc
kuroblack
Go Go!

Post by kuroblack »

:lol: ... Yet another eccentric 6th Ranger. This one is really over the top. :lol:

actually I hoped to see ZyuuohRed get a Flying Gorilla mode, but I suppose that wouldn't happen :wink:

I wonder if Genis might have a hidden plot for ZaWarudo. I mean his rattle changer is not a pure Zyuman's technology. :idea:
LeoArchon
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Final Fantasy
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Total War: Shogun 2
Quote: "To be forgotten is worse than death." -Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX

Post by LeoArchon »

I freely admit, I skipped over parts of this episode, if only because Mondo's actor over-acting the whole 'I am not worthy' thing got old FAST. This is a travesty of a sixth ranger, and he'd better get some character development pronto, or I will unscrew his head and s*** down his neck!
Atragon
Favorite series: Blade/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Magiranger

Post by Atragon »

Cool, entertaining episode and interesting Mondo character. Enjoyable travel to toku sekai. They got soooo much options to develop Mondo's character. I know, maybe this is repetitive scheme, but I usually enjoy "from zero to hero" stuff. I've got high expectations about Mondo Misao!
Finished series:

KR: V3, Amazon, Black - Zero-One (25 of 30)
Sentai: Sunvulcan, Maskman-Liveman, Jetman-Dairanger, Carranger, Gingaman, Gaoranger to Kiramager. (28 of 44)

Currently watching: Saber, Zenkaiger
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

This was a good episode because Mondo is a good fighter, but he has some issues in life. I was lonely growing up and I related with the idea of wanting to belong to something. I also was afraid of gaining new friends if I had done something bad and it seems like there will be a long road for Mondo.

I did find the Jyumans to be a little racist with the crocodile being Egyptian and the wolf being Russian. While the nationalities were easy to identify, there were other species to use like Caimans and Timberwolves. I couldn't tell what the Rhino was supposed to be, but it seemed like the voice of reason when Mondo was hallucinating.
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

I actually liked Mondo. He was an entertaining character who got flaws that he seems to blow out of proportions, and I thought his interaction with the Jyuman spirits was entertaining too. Certainly leaves a lot of options for future episodes.
Will his shy guy who has a hard time getting used to be treated kindly personality get old? Probably, though I can see how they're gonna develope him into more of a heroic figure in future episodes.

Also, I really want those plushies that he made. They're too cute! ^w^
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

Yeah, Mondo's cracked, but if the writers have any sense, they're setting us up...

Imagine you're someone mentally unstable and the brunt of jokes. You're weak and a coward, but also have a darker, violent nature from being picked on too much. Then someone comes along and offers you power. He fills you full of weird coins filled with alien DNA that gets you high and plays Pumped Up Kicks on loop while doing so.

But then someone's nice to you. A lot. And you realise these coin drugs weren't the answer. So you turn on your pimp.

Now, you're suffering from withdrawl, and you're hearing voices. When you suit up, you can show off and pretend people are in awe of you. But those voices keep distracting you, taunting you. Will you be able to retake your sanity? Or will you go psycho and kill everyone to show you're strong?

...Okay, so not gonna happen in a modern Super Sentai (this isn't the Showa Era where storylines could be so gritty your teeth would chip), but it would certainly work for this character.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

I still think that Mondo might be Toei's attempt at a deadpoolish character.

1.-Mondo was never liked/Deadpool is disliked by pretty much all the people.
2.-Mondo has voices in his head/ one of Deadpool's jokes was his voices also.
3.-Mondo has a nonsensical personality/Lot of what Deadpool does and says does not make sense, not even for him.
4.-Both are quite powerful and both have their regrets.

I think if they play it well, Mondo might end up being a really cool character.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i really like Mondo and the concept of him being a bit of a downer on himself. makes him a bit more 'real' over the strong sense of justice = positive personality we typically see.
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

eijiman wrote:Actually i liked Mondo, his sadness and such is not serious, in fact the acting in all those scenes seems to be overreactions, he will probably leave it next episode. Now we end up with a guy with a nonsensical personality and voices on his head. Probably Toei's attempt at a Deadpoolish ranger.
njb wrote: This episode was downright horrible. How can Amu (or whoever else) call him athletic? And why be such a jerk, Misao Mondo??
He's wiry:
Glad someone else like the new ranger in town. Do you have a full picture of you avatar because it looks cool.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Hoshinger wrote:
eijiman wrote:Actually i liked Mondo, his sadness and such is not serious, in fact the acting in all those scenes seems to be overreactions, he will probably leave it next episode. Now we end up with a guy with a nonsensical personality and voices on his head. Probably Toei's attempt at a Deadpoolish ranger.

He's wiry:
Glad someone else like the new ranger in town. Do you have a full picture of you avatar because it looks cool.
Well, right now i don't remember where i got it, but It's kaiketsu Zubat. He had a series in the 70's and made a cameo in Let's go kamen riders.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I felt like Mondo's reactions made a lot of sense, personally. He feels a ton of guilt for having those Jyuman powers shoved into him and he thinks they died in the process. And maybe they did! But they certainly didn't make a point of Yamato's power donors surviving the experience, so it's probably something they'll bust out as a twist for theWorld later on.

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”