Jyuohger 21 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:04 am

☆☆☆☆☆
35%
☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆
15%
☆☆
10%
No votes

Total votes: 20
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Jyuohger 21 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last week's rating: 3.36 / 5 (25 votes)

Sub Title - Miscreant Teamup

I like it! Misao's still annoying, but it is what it is? Looks like the Jyuman Chorus is a permanent thing. Now, what do each of the animals represent within Misao? I think Croc's his excitement. No idea about rhino or wolf though.

As someone who has trouble not saying things that annoy people, I really like seeing Tusk act as my surrogate in the show. I kind of feel like characters like Tusk are often vilified or made subject of mockery (which I guess Tusk does experience), so it's nice to see him represented in sort of a positive light.

5?

Commercials
There's a series of the Granblue commercials, that are pretty funny. "Why do most girls go to the bathroom together? I hear girls who go alone... play Granblue. Do you play Granblue?"
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... 3%83%96+cm

AAA's Yell, full mv:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPsendkI360
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: Jyuohger 21 released

Post by DaVinci030 »

Spoiler
Instead of combining all 9 cubes, WTF Amu seduced Misao? (Probably not)

About the AAA yell thing, I think it's about a girl who's willing to pass the higher grade from 75 to either 95 or 100. I like that high school MV thing. Oh. Remind me to watch some drama/romance JP dramas when I have free time (so soon).

PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Kind of ironic that the DeathGaliens spent all last episode trying to recapture Misao, and they did it without even trying right off the bat this episode.

Speaking of bats, I forgot Cube Koumori was debuting this episode. Honestly, I thought it was one of Azauld's cubes spying on Misao so he could fulfill his mission to kill Misao in a humiliating way.

Amu's special ability is sensitive taste? Guess it makes sense, but it’s not something that comes up very often. Guess that's why it took 21 episode to showcase it.

I like the awkward friendship between Tusk and Misao. I thought they were having Tusk be relieved that someone on the team was more awkward than him as soon as the episode started, but they had him be intrigued by TheWorld's tech instead and Misao gradually realize that they could bond. I wonder if Genis' ability to create the Cubes is related to our missing Bird Man, who just so happens to hate his homeland.

I definitely want those plushies. They're so adorable.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I thought the cube in the sealing was Tusk's, which is why he couldn't transform to help Misao. But I guess Tusk was just injured, that lazy guy!

'They actually mention Amu's sensitive taste a few times before this one, but I guess this is the first time it's useful to them as Jyuohgers.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

I love how they establish Misao as the weird kind - they make it crystal clear and we are not left in a confused state as to what to expect from him. If we forget that he was once formidable and evil (which is absolutely fine on its own), then I don't mind having a funny extra member around.

What I enjoy about eps which focus on two characters in Jyuohger is that both develop. Tusk and Misao both grew as characters here. Same before with Leo and Sera, Leo and Tusk, and Yamato and Amu.

Loved how Tusk kept getting annoyed with Misao calling him during the battle. It's not Tusk's personality to want to take the lead and finish off the Deathgalien despite having the most reason to do it.

Amu's bite and Sera's dive in the ground were cute.

And finally, as you mentioned PHurricane, Tusk is right in wondering why Genis could create Cube Animals. It could be a simple "he drained the Jyuman's powers" but something tells me Genis may have visited the Earth before or came into contact, somehow, with JyuLand. Azald is afterall composed of cubes and Cubal's name may partly be a pun on cube. We shall see.
Behold the Emperor!
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

on the one hand yeah duet showcase epis have been good, but seem to come off a bit soon. iirc, in past sentai series those didnt take place until after ep 30 or so. the 2 awkward guys bond with each other, i liked it but tusks lack on strength bothers me sometimes. was it ever established that they worked together in jyuland? im kind of forgetting. as i though they had all just by chance met yamato because by chance were together that day. i know sera and leon have a feud which they need to get back to, but aside from that.....

i guess when genis is done with a toy he destroys it.
just realised in the new outro that jyuman dance behind the team, and was uncle mario always in the intro?
Uzur9
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaimu
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Favorite Band: J-rock/pop + Dubstep
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Uzur9 »

midorininger wrote:just realised in the new outro that jyuman dance behind the team, and was uncle mario always in the intro?
Uncle "Jumpman" was in the intro from the start =P
Kamen Rider left to finish:
Reiwa: Geats, Gotchard

Super Sentai left to finish:
Shōwa: Denjiman, Goggle V, Dynaman, Changeman

Heisei: Complete.

Reiwa: Zenkaiger, High School Heroes, Donbrothers & King-Ohger
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

midorininger wrote: was it ever established that they worked together in jyuland? im kind of forgetting. as i though they had all just by chance met yamato because by chance were together that day. i know sera and leon have a feud which they need to get back to, but aside from that.....
In Episode 1 they introduced themselves as the guardians of the link cube. People at the time assumed that they were already an elite fighting team.

I really liked this episode. For some reason the Jyuougers can pull off a funny show without it being too over the top like Kamen Rider Ghost.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Cube ex machina again WHY WHY WHY

I like how this episode showed some character development for Tusk and Misao, but that bat utterly destroyed the episode for me.

On the new intro and ending songs: The Misao parts felt like they were just squished into that part. The TheWorld fighting clip was even cut short and in a different background. The pose at the end of the song was led badass than the original one.

On the ending: cool, more puns! But is the last line really "champ" and not "jump"? It sounded more like jump to me.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

njb wrote:But is the last line really "champ" and not "jump"? It sounded more like jump to me.
No? If you look at the word チャンプ 'chanpu' below the ED, that clearly means champ.

ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Hey, Jyuohger! This show has been off the air so much over the last month that i was starting to forget it existed.:P :o

Misao's downbeat attitude is annoying, especially when we already have Tusk. But if he's going to be more upbeat now, I can work with that. More importantly, I'm glad we're keeping the animals in his head! I'm not sure I like "Jyuman Chorus" though, it sounds like a boy band rather 3 off kilter animal spirits residing inside a superhero's head.

So a lot of the other comments already got to the things I wanted to hit upon, but I have to say the amount of merchandising in this episode was insane, even by Toei standards. The plushies, TheWorld's gear, another cube animal, TheWorld's gear again, etc. Toei is not being bashful here.

As far as their jail adventure goes, I'd like to note that "by the sea" is not a a very distinctive thing in an island nation. The coastline of Japan is 18K miles. Also, Misao sure gets around well for having a metal ball wrapped around his foot.:P

(Also, now that I think about it, how does Amu know what seafood tastes like? IIRC, the handful of times we've seen them eating, the Jyumans are all vegetarians)

Once, just once I'd like them to try to shoot Naria. She's standing right there, and there was all sorts of gun action this episode. It's basically a Chekhov's Gun situation!

BTW, any insight on why the MOTW says Piggies? At least here in the West, pig is a term usually reserved for the cops, not the convicts.

Finally, Jyuohger really needs a new mecha formation. As cool as having 3 mecha running around is, from a production standpoint it's clear that the crew isn't equipped to do much in the way of cool stuff with that many suits on a regular basis.
takenoko wrote:I thought the cube in the sealing was Tusk's, which is why he couldn't transform to help Misao. But I guess Tusk was just injured, that lazy guy!
Ditto. I was disappointed when it was yet another cube animal. Cube Ex Machina indeed...
midorininger wrote:just realised in the new outro that jyuman dance behind the team, and was uncle mario always in the intro?
More importantly, Birdman is in the ED?!

Edit: Oh, and Takenoko: the Wiki link on the front page blurb goes to the wrong episode :wink:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>I'm not sure I like "Jyuman Chorus" though, it sounds like a boy band rather 3 off kilter animal spirits residing inside a superhero's head.

I was thinking more like a Greek chorus where they comment on the different things going on. (Although it looks like a Greek chorus is homogenous, so the analogy breaks down a bit). But then again, Riva's chorus wasn't homogenous either:
http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Riva%27s_chorus

>(Also, now that I think about it, how does Amu know what seafood tastes like? IIRC, the handful of times we've seen them eating, the Jyumans are all vegetarians)

Tastes like salt

>BTW, any insight on why the MOTW says Piggies? At least here in the West, pig is a term usually reserved for the cops, not the convicts.

The MOTW used the counter for animals. Since "You three animals" sounds dumb, I went with "piggies" as a surrogate term. Seemed like a good phrase for a guy who's designed to be a prisoner. It was brought up a few times in QC, but I felt like this was the best approach without having to get into too much explanation.

>Edit: Oh, and Takenoko: the Wiki link on the front page blurb goes to the wrong episode :wink:

Okay, will fix
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

ViRGE wrote: (Also, now that I think about it, how does Amu know what seafood tastes like? IIRC, the handful of times we've seen them eating, the Jyumans are all vegetarians)
I'm pretty sure that tigers, sharks, and lions eat meat. You can't tell me that they aren't meat-eaters because we never see them eat meat. I'm willing to give you Tusk being vegetarian due to his elephant nature but other three not so much.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Are all the animals in Zootopia vegetarian???
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

takenoko wrote:Are all the animals in Zootopia vegetarian???
If they were wouldn't Croc, Rhino, and Wolf be up in ZaWorld's grill for fishing?

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”