Jyuohger 22 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:30 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆☆
36%
☆☆☆
8%
☆☆
12%
4%

Total votes: 25
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: Jyuohger 22 released

Post by ViRGE »

The smooth operator award goes to Amu for this episode. It may have been a Misao focus episode, but she's the real hero. That she's essentially manipulating Misao is probably not a good lesson, but it fits the situation and her practicality oh so well. (Also, that quick cut at around 11:50 when she figures out how to motivate Misao is perfect in its subtlety).

And yay, untransformed fight footage! Group footage, no less! It's quick, but it's always fun to see the actors actually doing some stunt fighting. Leo's actor in particular is a stand out here since he's the most capable of the cast, getting a roll and a low sweeping kick all in one shot.

However I'm immediately docking a point for Wild Tousai King's introduction. There's ham-fisted, and then there's just forcing it because the toy sales call for it. There was no reason or impetus for it to be introduced here, and as a result it feels completely and absolutely out of place. "The MOTW has, for no good reason, challenged us to build a new combination. Let's do what he says!" Also, cluster-mech is (once again) a cluster, with cubes attached all over the place just to be there.

Fridge Horror: Is it me, or do they rip the MOTW apart? :shock:

Finally, somehow it seems fitting that the bomb is Toei's parking garage.:P
takenoko wrote:Edit: Toei, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. That is not what Illusion means!
Thank you! Making things actually explode is, by definition, not an illusion.
Also, I'm surprised this story didn't get censored. You'd think Japan would be averse to having a story about random bombings terrorizing people on their kid's TV shows.
I haven't seen this many bombs in a single episode since Power Rangers Turbo (ahh, good times :D).
Drinking game: Take a drink every time Misao says "Daga shikashi"
What does that mean, anyhow?
takenoko wrote:I'm more confused about Leo's "loud voice". Everyone else has the five senses but him. I'm really surprised the main team isn't "five senses" themed with TheWorld having some sixth sense dealy.
Agreed. The 5 senses I get, but I have no idea why that isn't split over the core 5. I suspect the humor of Leo's roar beat out logic here.
I honestly thought Genis was going to use Illusion for one of his schemes, but I guess I was wrong about that.
Didn't Genis order the captains to come up with a suitable punishment for Misao last episode? I figured this was it - make him think he has an explosive touch and go into exile - but as we find out, Misao's involvement is purely coincidental.
Conan_Edogawa wrote:I really like how Wild Tousai King looks, honestly, both as a costume and as a toy. they've been pretty good about making the goofy looking toys look decent as actual costumes that can move their legs and stuff, and they handle the difference in arm sizes for Wild Jyuoh King pretty well, but Wild Tousai King actually looks good in toy form, and the costume doesn't need to fix too much.
Do you have any good pictures of the toy? Given the fudging of cube sizes they had to do with the suit to make that work, in my head I have this image of the toy being an unholy mess of cubes.
Write your own caption to this pic
"You humans have the most wonderful inventions! Just feel how soft this paper is!"
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Drinking game: Take a drink every time Misao says "Daga shikashi"
What does that mean, anyhow?

Daga means "but, however" and Shikashi means "however, but". It's okay to say both, but it's really unusually to use it as frequently as Misao does. It's just a verbal way of showing how negative he is.

Hey, people are actually playing my caption game. Exceeellent.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

midorininger wrote:even for a filler episode, this was meh.
1- Cool that Tusk was openly trusting and asking to call on misao.
2-lame it wasnt a leon bonding with misao ep
3-lame there wasnt a weird misunderstanding of feelings episode.
4- new combi seemed forced and didnt at all seem needed. it was like if they used dekabase robo right after introducing super dekarobo and then rolled out the dekawingrobo all within 3 episodes of each other.
How this is a filler episode when a new mecha combination appears? I'm really curious about your definition of filler since new mecha combinations are filler to you.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Anything that doesn't advance the plot maybe?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I dunno, these arguments are always annoying because sometimes people say "filler" when they mean "I just didn't like the episode, and now I'm looking for a way to dismiss it".

It seems weird to apply "filler" here though, since it's just a weekly show where animal people fight off aliens on a weekly basis. That said, Genis being distracted is probably portent of an upcoming story, so is that enough to justify it as a non-filler episode?
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

Phoenix512 wrote:
midorininger wrote:even for a filler episode, this was meh.
1- Cool that Tusk was openly trusting and asking to call on misao.
2-lame it wasnt a leon bonding with misao ep
3-lame there wasnt a weird misunderstanding of feelings episode.
4- new combi seemed forced and didnt at all seem needed. it was like if they used dekabase robo right after introducing super dekarobo and then rolled out the dekawingrobo all within 3 episodes of each other.
How this is a filler episode when a new mecha combination appears? I'm really curious about your definition of filler since new mecha combinations are filler to you.
no youre right, i shouldnt dismiss it as filler as there is that slight moment where genis wasnt entertained which could be something or not. we havent seen anything come of the rovalary between leon and sera in awhile either so it could be something the writters did to build on, or Genis plainly didnt want a drink this time.

as stated the new robot combi just feels like a "look! we can do this already!" rather than something they need to fight an escalating threat. but NO i didnt feel it added anything to the plot overall. it felt like the typical jyuohger silly serious mix that ive enjoyed these 24 weeks, but also, i expected more from the series at this point.

i would also like to throw out there that all last year while many didnt like takaharu, and not a fasvorite of mine either but no hate rage either, i enjoyed ninninger and seldomly had anything bad to say about it. this being the first time ive really been disappointed with an episode of that were all following for the year, should say im fairly chill about what they do as i know its a kids show, but has adult viewers too.

lastly unlike last year i have more sentai seasons watched under my belt. gokaiger opened the door for me on that. rushing in new mech doesnt sit well with me, in this case especially, the MOTW arent seemingly any stronger, so its comes off as exactly what is it, toy commercial in the show. in my post i mentioned deka ranger, but even more recently Go-Busters, Tategami Lioh didnt appear until the 30's and had a story behind it, which fitted nicely into the over all story line. plus new mecha was typically earned, Jyuohger, and Ninninger too barring Lion Ha-oh, seemingly get freebies.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

takenoko wrote: Image
Write your own caption to this pic
TP for my bunghole?
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

As always, Misao's interactions with his 'animal spirits' is hilarious.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

I find it obvious about the senses to be fair, it's based on their animal. I didn't know about Tigers having a high sense of taste so it was pretty educative. Leo's Loud voice is supposed to be a Lion's Roar, giving him a sense of superiority and Intimidation I guess? Like Yamato said, Rhinos have very sensitive skin so it makes perfect sense Misao has that sense. I'm guessing he gets something too from the Wolf and Crocodile, like Yamato has Superhuman Strength and Eagle Vision.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

This show is full of LIES

Although the sense of taste in a tiger is not that sophisticated
http://www.tigers.org.za/tiger-senses.html

Cats in general possess only about 500 taste buds compared to a human's 9,000. Therefore taste buds are speculated to have a minimal role in their survivability.
https://seaworld.org/Animal-Info/Animal ... ger/Senses
PTM966666
Adventure
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Dreamy: Mikie Hara
Favorite Actor?: Tom Hanks
Favorite Band: Coldrain
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by PTM966666 »

lol, Amu is like Kasumi in Ninninger, the hidden mastermind of the team, I bet they goona be a good team in the vs movie. And it's funny that the crocodile prefers the tiger while the wolf prefers the shark.
Fidchell
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Evangelion
2nd Favorite Series: Digimon 01
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: .hack//

Post by Fidchell »

I do not like mondo as a character, but this episode was not terrible in terms of comedic timing
takenoko wrote: "You must be hungry, have some food"
"I'm not a goat"
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

ViRGE wrote:
Conan_Edogawa wrote:I really like how Wild Tousai King looks, honestly, both as a costume and as a toy. they've been pretty good about making the goofy looking toys look decent as actual costumes that can move their legs and stuff, and they handle the difference in arm sizes for Wild Jyuoh King pretty well, but Wild Tousai King actually looks good in toy form, and the costume doesn't need to fix too much.
Do you have any good pictures of the toy? Given the fudging of cube sizes they had to do with the suit to make that work, in my head I have this image of the toy being an unholy mess of cubes.
Monsoon
Gao
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: HOTS
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Monsoon »

Really amusing episode. We get a little more out of Micchan to get an idea of how completely bonkers his personality is as well as how insanely powerful Zyuoh The World is. And Amu is (secretly?) the most observant and sensible person on the team, which is great. It would be easy for the writers to make her just cute and dumb, but they gave her a few layers. The Zyuohger main cast is pretty appealing - decent writing and solid performances.
Can't Stop the Monsoon - a blog mostly about video games, now featuring occasional Super Sentai reviews! Latest tokusatsu piece is my top ten Super Sentai series.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

After watching the captions II just tought of something, Gambit was a exploding cards thrower, so what would be Misao's Hero name if he threw exploding toilet paper?

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”