Jyuohger 23 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:18 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
22%
☆☆☆☆
22%
☆☆☆
56%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 18
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Jyuohger 23 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last week's rating: 3.86 / 5 (22votes)

Alt Title - Ménage à Rey

So, I see we're back to straight up killing humans again. Wait, that kid limped out of a war zone, but it's cool, he just has a bruise (despite Amu being like "Oh nooooo"). Also, Misao doesn't care if buildings of people are dead, he has a fireworks show to get to.

If you look at the DeathGalien computer, Bang Rey's name is in stylized English, that's why we're spelling it the way we are.

Man guys, maybe you should have let Bang Rey take care of the MOTW for you. What a morally loaded episode. Bang Rey attacks the Jyuohgers just 'cause they're standing next to the MOTW, despite being able to read people's minds! And then he finds out the truth, but the Jyuohgers continue attacking him even after he's no longer interested in fighting them. But maybe it's justified because it seems like he joins the DeathGaliens in the end?

Looking at the dramatic beats, I can see how a good writer could have made this interesting. I didn't think this episode was very interesting. If Komura Junko's past is any indication, she's very good at writing about stuff that happens that doesn't end up being entertaining to watch.

Also, the short bit with Amu and Yamato helping the kid felt like it didn't mesh with the rest of the episode. They're clearly setting something up with Yamato's past, but I dunno. Hopefully it's something worthwhile.

But despite Bang Rey's cool design and neat abilities, very boring episode overall. No real character stories, and the plot turns are so quick and inconsequential that there's no emotional impact. Highlight of the episode for me was Naria doing business while knocking the Jyuohgers down on the side. Solid 3 for blandness.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Jyuohger 23 released

Post by PHurricane »

For everyone who gets upset that the team doesn't try to attack Naria before she grants the Continue, this episode kinda confirms what I've long-thought: Naria is more than capable of defending herself on the Blood Game playing field.

My smoke detectors went off in the middle of watching the episode, so that spoiled my enthusiasm. I didn't mind it being mostly a transition episode. I could have done without Yamato and Amu taking a detour to get a kid to the hospital, but they're clearly using that as setup for an imminent Yamato plot (which I would have guessed even without the preview) as well as a little insight into Amu's family. Guess that just leaves Leo? We got Sela/Leo backstory, but I don't think there was anything about his childhood/family.

We'll see how things unfold, but I was hoping Bang Rey would have his own agenda, not dissimilar to Basco who was only loyal to himself but wasn't opposed to working with Zangyack when it was convenient for him.

Genis' boredom with the Blood Game was almost a meta commentary on how Azauld and Cubal have basically been doing variations of the same plot all season long, with a few exceptions.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>For everyone who gets upset that the team doesn't try to attack Naria before she grants the Continue, this episode kinda confirms what I've long-thought: Naria is more than capable of defending herself on the Blood Game playing field.

Oh yeah, she's a badass. I just wish she wasn't so subserviant to Genis though.

>Guess that just leaves Leo? We got Sela/Leo backstory, but I don't think there was anything about his childhood/family.

Oh yeah. Why don't they grarrr friggign continue that storyline that they started like 50 episodes ago?

>We'll see how things unfold, but I was hoping Bang Rey would have his own agenda, not dissimilar to Basco who was only loyal to himself but wasn't opposed to working with Zangyack when it was convenient for him.

I mean, he's apparently after/hunting something. But at this point, he does seem to be just another lackey. Although, seeing the Jyuohger's mecha seems to have gotten him distracted with a new challenge.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

the hd torrent has no seeds
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Thanks! I was releasing it over lunch and it was only partially uploaded when I had finished. It should be seeding now.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

it seeded!

i was half waiting for them to offer Bang Rey food, but he then betray them for a better deal. whether or not he will work full time for deathgalleon is unclear though as he sat down and looked pondering.
but yamatos plot thickening with his mysterious family background comes in to play vaguely again when Amu talks about her family.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Thank goodness it's Sunday and those buildings are empty!
takenoko wrote:Highlight of the episode for me was Naria doing business while knocking the Jyuohgers down on the side. Solid 3 for blandness.
You've hit all the high points. This episode wasn't bad, but it also didn't do anything particularly interesting either.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Like how they've subverted the typical 'kill one general early and replace him' plot they usually do. It's nice that the new general is just another alien as well.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Given that i dislike most of the robot fights, I wish they actually attacked Naria before she gives continues, Yeah, sure she is a good fighter, but still not good enough to fend off the whole team always.

The name Bang rey i suppose it's like a mixture of the english pronunciationo of the word Ray and the word Rey (king), so yeah, even tough they somewhat screw with the romanization of words i think it will be his official name.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

Catastrophe wrote:Like how they've subverted the typical 'kill one general early and replace him' plot they usually do. It's nice that the new general is just another alien as well.
they killed jaggid in episode 1. how much earlier can you get?
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

midorininger wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:Like how they've subverted the typical 'kill one general early and replace him' plot they usually do. It's nice that the new general is just another alien as well.
Hahaha, It would be great if before:

Bad guy: Send general X to deal with the pests.
Henchman: General X died in the landing.
Bad guy: Ah yeah, i forgot, send someone else then.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

The stock footage of buildings exploding is the exactly the same again...

I hope Bang Rey will serve his own agenda like Juuzou in Shinkenger or Basco in Gokaiger. Third party groups are fun!

Don't we have a bit too many projectile-shooting Deathgaliens by now?
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

midorininger wrote:
Doesn't really count. I'm talking about the character that gets offed around the 10-12 mark. Remember the one they killed in the first episode of kyoryuger was the big general that killed the dinosaurs.
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

They introduced a new general (who may or may not have an agenda of his own) but other than that so wasn't there anything more special. But it still was a decent episode.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

I feel as bored with this show as Genis, to be honest. You can't go back and watch Showa-era Super Sentai without looking at the last few shows with utter pessimism. There's no real character development, no real plt arcs (umm... where's Birdman's plot? And the sixth cube? Seriously, there must be some plot eating black hole over Toei's studio...), and the MotW recycles with a new outfit every couple episodes! Not to mention the mecha are getting uglier and uglier and I'm beginning to suspect the designs are coming from a 3 year old playing with wood blocks.
Spoiler
And the next form coming up is even worse! >_<;;

I want to like this show, I really do... But honestly, both this and Ghost have some of the worst writing I've seen in a long time. I'd almost rather watch Ninninger again compared to how dry the well's running on my patience with these writers...

Still, Naria's a badass, and I'm waiting for her to get her chance to do something. Maybe we'll get lucy and Genis will die by eisode 30, putting Naria and Bang Rey as the main baddies (much like they did in Gobuster). Oh yeah. And if anyone's currently in Japan, could you see if the plot's pictured on any milk cartons yet?
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”