Jyuohger 25 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:35 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
44%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
11%
☆☆
11%
No votes

Total votes: 18
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Jyuohger 25 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last week's rating: 4 / 5 (16 votes)

Alt Title - Vote for Leo, he's saying what we're all thinking

Again, if the annoying character is supposed to be annoying, is it alright for them to be annoying to the audience?

I actually really the elements that went into this one. Leo finally unloads on Misao (and vice a versa). But what really made the episode was Cubal's scheming seemingly outed/threatened by Bang Rey. I mean, Genis probably knows he destroyed Cubal's home planet. Cubal wouldn't need to hide that fact unless he were up to something. So suddenly, we sort of have a plot going on.

Although, sadly, the interesting plot really doesn't have anything to do with the heroes. I hate to draw parallels to Wizard again, but if you do a story where the heroes' stories are limp compared to the bad guys, it's not going to be received very well. (And hey, I love well written bad guys.) I get that Yamato is the human so he's our audience stand-in, but that doesn't mean we can't have more Jyuman stories.

Speaking of which, Wizard DNA. As soon as you're out of eyesight, both good guys and villains stop chasing after you. I mean, explaining that it happens in the show because the character are idiots, still doesn't make it any more satisfactory to watch.

But hey, at least the action was really great once they started fighting. Leo and Misao both had some good moves in this one. I honestly don't like anything that's related to Misao's increasingly repetitive personality gag (which removed most of the Jyuohgers for the majority of the story) so the stuff with Cubal and Bang Rey really carried the majority of my goodwill towards this episode. 4/5 stars.

Edit: Man, Misao sure is crushing on Yamato...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Re: Jyuohger 25 released

Post by takenoko »

How relations work on Jyuohger

How I want the relationships to work

You can also replace “relations” with “stories”.

Edit: I probably should have drawn a line between Amu and Sela.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Interesting conflict between the villains...I’m not entirely convinced that Genis is the villain who Cubal is biding his time to attack. Genis seems to be all about his amusement - it could be that he offered Cubal a spot as a Player because he knew Cubal would want to kill Azauld, who is practically immortal, if Azauld was responsible for destroying Cubal’s homeworld.

Hey, it’s the return of the ghosts in Micchan’s head! I still get a kick out of them.

I don’t find Misao’s schtick as annoying as others do. What I did find annoyingly repetitive was the monster’s power. This was essentially the Sniper episode with cameras and Leo paired up with Misao instead of Tusk. You have to accept that sentai plots get reused year after year, but that episode only aired earlier this year! I half-expected Leo to reference it when they were trying to brainstorm how to take the monster down.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Wow, they laid on the YAOI pretty heavy in this episode. I wonder how many Misao/Leo stories are being written now?

Pretty decent for a MOTW episode. The infighting of the antagonist characters was pretty interesting and at least they didn't have the MOTW fall within eyesight of the heroes so Narai could do her thing without being interrupted.
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Jehal »

I'll be honest Takenoko I thought I was looking at your shipping chart at first. I swear, it's the internet that's messed up, not me!

As for the actual episode; One of my favorite parts of ToQger was the villain storyline, so I'm hoping to see something like that here. I enjoy Leo, and Misao is hit or miss.
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Jehal wrote:I'll be honest Takenoko I thought I was looking at your shipping chart at first. I swear, it's the internet that's messed up, not me!
Maybe something like this?
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by resop2 »

A little bit of an off topic thought: What if Amazon Prime decides that since Kamen Rider Amazon did well, why not make an "adult" version of Super Sentai? I wonder which series would be a good fit for that and what changes they would make (since the series would not have to revolve around selling toys)?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Where the f**k did they find that many Polaroid cameras in 2016? Not to mention the photo film/paper, which I haven't seen in probably 10 years.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

mholden020 wrote:Where the f**k did they find that many Polaroid cameras in 2016? Not to mention the photo film/paper, which I haven't seen in probably 10 years.
This is a bit of a surprise but they're actually making a comeback. I've seen them in stores (for like 800 bucks geezzzz) and they're kinda popular since they're basically instant printing plus nostalgia factor.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Did they play Life is Strange too?
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

That Misao interactions with his animal ghosts were hilarious, though.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by resop2 »

Wow! This looks like what Amazon Prime might think an adult version of Power Rangers would look like.

On the other hand, my preference would be less Blade Runner grittiness. The show could have comic relief based around the sentai members "playing their colors" but have more violent fights and more intense interactions with the members, (and, no random giant robots.)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

If you liked that, check out his work on Dredd.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

I could not stop thinking about the camera dimension from jetman and the invisible camera from gaoranger.

It was a good episode, I hope misao becomes a little bit more relaxed. The "animals" are cool so if misao stops worrying so much i think they'll make a good equip. The villains are getting more interesting, with Cubals revelation he probably won't be just Genis butt kisser anymore.

By the way, the anime in the CM looks kinda cool, i suppose it's name is 君の名は right?

This image looks really nice.

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”