Jyuohger 25 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:35 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
44%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
11%
☆☆
11%
No votes

Total votes: 18
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Jyuohger 25 released

Post by Jehal »

takenoko wrote:
Jehal wrote:I'll be honest Takenoko I thought I was looking at your shipping chart at first. I swear, it's the internet that's messed up, not me!
Maybe something like this?
I could see this happening in an episode where they make Jyuohgers attracted to each other to try and distract them.
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

eijiman wrote:By the way, the anime in the CM looks kinda cool, i suppose it's name is 君の名は right?

This image looks really nice.
Yeah, and it looks like it has an official English name too, so I'm guessing they're priming it for international release.
Gfawkes77
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Favorite Actor?: Hiroshi Fujioka
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: I am me and that is all there is to see.

Post by Gfawkes77 »

Ok I have to say this, did anyone see the guest appearance of a former Sentai Red in the credits. I believe the man in the center of the last fan video they cut to is Keiichi Wada
A billion lives can surround a star yet if that star should fade few will ever be lost.

"We are Rangers. We walk in the dark places no others dare enter. We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass. We live for the one we die for the one."
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh yeah! It's credited as Team Legend Heroes. Are any of the guys with him people that we should be recognizing too?

Hmmm. Let's see, according to this link, it's:
http://dic.nicovideo.jp/a/%E3%83%81%E3% ... 5%E3%82%93

FiveBlue
Black Condor
RyuuRanger
KirinRanger
OhRed
Blue Beet

Can anyone confirm?
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

Yep you got them right.

Four of them, RyuuRanger, KirinRanger, OhRed and FiveBlue actually organise occasional concerts and sing as a band.
Behold the Emperor!
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

I wanted to give this a 4 because of the rehash (and Cubal was why it even made 4), but honestly, the message really hit me for once.

As someone with PTSD who's survived a LOT of abuse and discrimination throughout his life, I tend to keep my mouth shut to avid conflict, which can cause major anxiety attacks and makes me physically ill. Leo's aggressive behaviour is often mixed with good intentions, and I think the interaction this episode was a good reminer that balance is important. If you bottle things up too much, it can do massive damage. But now Misao knows he has someone he can vent to, and I really hope they show that dynamic in future episodes. It was also nice that they dropped a reminder that being TOO forward can cause people to push back. Leo could appreciate Misao's rant, but Leo's rants can often be seen as abrasive if the target isn't consenting to them.

In an era where hate speech is becoming prevalent in the name of "preventing feelings from being hurt" and more people are afraid to step forward when they see someone being mistreated by the uber-PCs/SJWs, it really got my respect for Toei to tell kids it's okay to speak up when something bothers you. That message alone was worth 3 points.
A little bit of an off topic thought: What if Amazon Prime decides that since Kamen Rider Amazon did well, why not make an "adult" version of Super Sentai? I wonder which series would be a good fit for that and what changes they would make (since the series would not have to revolve around selling toys)?
Honestly both GoRanger and Liveman were slaughterfests, so either would make for a good adult remake. GoRanger can be VERY mature at times, but I don't know if they'd stay loyal to the lack of giant mecha (which honestly wouldn't have fared well in the show's theme). I'd love to see a show loyal to GoRanger, but with updated effects and costumes. Peggy's role as a strong, independant character would also be a nice change from the trend of downsizing female members (such as Sela) in modern, non-Pretty Girl sentai shows. In all honesty, there's nothing else I'd change. Perhaps the show would be set as a sequel of sorts instead of a direct remake, but please no mecha!

Takenoko: That film was amazing! I'd almost be willing to watch MMPR again if they could stop trying to turn the franchise into Teletubbies with mecha. The scripting has gone so far downhill the past few years I want to off myself after five minutes. :evil:
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That's a pretty good point. I'm an introvert, but when dealing with other introverts, I definitely play the part of Leo and try to get them to participate and socialize. It's definitely a hard balance, since there's no real way of knowing whether someone wants to participate, but just aren't being the opportunity to speak up, or if they'd really rather just be silent.

If I knew Misao in real life, I'd slap him upside the head and would tell him to stop breaking down, since it'll eventually cost him his friends if he keeps doing it.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

was a so-so episode if you ask me. but served as a nice filler with good content for future plot. when yamato was stuck in the pic, it made more curious if he could use gorilla strength in civilian mode(?) since he can use eagle vision. but alas no ...
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

This was a good episode because we've all had times where you needed to be cheered up and nothing worked the way it should. I related a lot with Misao because I try to please everyone and get a little upset when others don't return the favor.

I hate that there are trailers for the movie because it takes so long for it to be translated and it jumps the schedule around. The wiki does a good job of telling people when to watch the movie, but you end up having to watch older episodes to find past details and then you look for the things in the movie in later episodes only for them to not be there. Take the Ninninger movie and that the dino power was never used again when many fights could've been won with that extra boost.

Oh, spoiler alert: the ham and milk are no good. Get it?
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

midorininger wrote:was a so-so episode if you ask me. but served as a nice filler with good content for future plot. when yamato was stuck in the pic, it made more curious if he could use gorilla strength in civilian mode(?) since he can use eagle vision. but alas no ...
How is it a filler? Now we know some background on Cubal.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

He has a weird standard for filler that no one understands.
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

I like how Misao and Leo interacted with each others in this episode and how bad it could be to go to two extremes. And I'm glad that we're seeing more of the Jyuman spirits and their antics. :)
It really seems like Cubal has plans for Genis and that all his butt kissing may have only been a disguise for what he really thought of him.

Let's not forget about the cool fight scene and a new song that I don't think we have heard before (maybe that song did appear earlier, I dunno).

Overall so was this an excellent episode. ^^
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The fact that Leo isn't putting up with Misaos BS is great. Any filthy The World apologists need to leave and never come back.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Whoa!

/me backs away slowly before breaking into a run
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Ahh the power of hate.:D It's not the real lesson of the story, but it's a case of truth in television. Hate (well, dislike/rivalry) can be a really powerful emotion under the right circumstances.
Catastrophe wrote:The fact that Leo isn't putting up with Misaos BS is great.
It really is. Not because I want Misao to suddenly change, but because all of the other characters were coddling him. And he'll never grow as a person/character if that continues.
Rifaz wrote:That Misao interactions with his animal ghosts were hilarious, though.
Poor Rhino. So far he's been the smart one, but apparently even he can be bamboozled by swag. :lol:

Preview:
Spoiler
Please don't be another fake wedding plot episode. Please don't be another fake wedding plot episode...

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”