Jyuohger 26 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:10 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
42%
☆☆☆☆
21%
☆☆☆
21%
☆☆
11%
5%

Total votes: 19
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Jyuohger 26 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last week's rating: 4.14 / 5 (14 votes)

Alt Title - Red saves the day... again

Man, what a boring episode. We meet someone from Yamato's past, but learn almost nothing new about his character. Nor does it bring out anything new from the other Jyuohgers.

I'm also disappointed that we've reduced Bang Rey from being kind of mysterious villain with unknown motivations to mustache-twirling villain who wants-to-kill-Yamato's-friends-to-mess-with-the-hero. Oh okay, so he just wants to kill Yamato's friends, what a plot. But at least the rest of the rangers fought Bang Rey to protect- Oh no, they lost because Yamato wasn't with them. Speaking of which...

A) I'm bored as fuck of Yamato now. He's a cool dude, but he's plain as vanilla and has as much depth as a cracker. Plus, I know he's the main character, so all the main story is going to revolve around him anyway.
B) If you have to make it about Yamato, at least make it so the supporting characters help. Or give them some way to participate.

When Luna saw the preview, she said "Thank goodness the girls don't dress up in a wedding dress, this time." But you know what? That would have meant the characters were a part of this episode. As it is, the Jyumans feel like guests in their own show sometimes.

I think I realize why the mecha fights with the clone monster of the weeks are so unsatisfying (I nearly fast forwarded through the one in this episode). Clone monsters are fine as distractions created by Bang Rey. But you can't expect any dramatic tension from them. We know the Jyuohgers can beat those guys, and as they themselves said, they're stronger now than they were before. Any mecha fight with a clone monster has a foregone conclusion, and is basically a waste of time.

We're not even in the 30s and it seems like they've run out of ideas on how to tell stories in this world. What's the point of having Jyumans when you could have replaced them with humans and the story wouldn't have changed at all? Like it would have been nice if this episode had a scene of the Jyumans fucking around at the wedding like the fish out of water types that they are, but instead, they're set apart from the wedding, then run away almost instantly to go fight.

Also, I saw the first guest in the credits was Birdman. And yes, his appearance was very cool. We see him doing mysterious stuff, finding a cube, and gasp, encountering Larry?! Oh my god, do we have plot- oh, the episode's over.

Sooo yeaaaaaah. I don't like to use the word "filler", but this episode was definitely that. 1 of 5 through and through.

Edit: Please rewrite as a yandere story where Misao is going to kill Daichi instead, and everyone has to team up to protect him from TheWorld.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Jyuohger 26 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

The Yamato VS Bang Rey plotline's getting stale. There better be buildup with Bird!Kaixa and fast.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Who voted 5? Defend yourself!
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

First off, is there a shipping thread in the forum? Those picks on the front page were a thumbs up for me. (I will understand there not being one is shipping is consider kimoi). I think the Leo/Sela pick works as a pro wrestling promo pic: "Antagonist characters, this Monday at the local arena, we're going to unleash the beast!"

Misao as a yandere? That would be so cool. But, only if he doesn't stab to death the other non-Yamoto Jyuogers and just plays mean tricks on them so that Yamoto-senpai will notice Misao-chan more.

Hooray for Bird-man and Larry! Nice to know this plot line comes back before episode 40.

As for the four guardians and Misao getting their butts handed to them by Bang-Rey, it made sense to me because they were trying to slow Bang-Rey down for Yamoto's sake and then when Yamoto saw what was going on he got enraged enough to go super-saiyan and give Bang-Rey a beat down.

A cosplay filler episode, but cute.

As for an Amazon Video version of Super Sentai I did have an idea:

Spoiler
In the near future a corporation researching cyber-nano-bot (magic) technology releases a giant cloud of bots over the city. Almost all of the population has no reaction to the bots. A small number eventually start to have an energy field start circling their body. For those whose field is chaotic the field turns them into zombie like grunt-monsters. For those who field coheres to the color black, they spontaneously henshi into MOTW who can activate latent grunt-monsters. For those whose field coheres to a non-black color, then they can be helped by a scientist who escaped from the evil company. The scientist can create amplifiers for their field with his 3-D printer (which only work if they match the color of the field) that allow them to henshi into the Cybergers. The Cybergers can create weapons the same color as their field, and can combine their fields if they need different hues or multi-colors. However, every time they henshi they lose a little of their human-ness. Eventually, they risk turning into monsters unless they can solve some plot device.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

If people are interested in a shipping thread, they're very much welcome to post one. I made a post with my thoughts on potential couples about it a week or two ago.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

yay, yay.. .plot and character development...

Spoiler
oh, frak. quiz ep. dammit. :(
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i gave it a 4. why? well bang ray is searching for his true purpose on the planet but decides to have some fun and mess with yamato. its not mustache villiany so much as letting off steam for being frustrated villiany. or just plainly bullying as bang ray states he cant stand guys like yamato.

touching on yamato's other friends and a wedding wasnt done right to me as they could have made it a wee bit more about the jyuman, who i agree have fallen to support cast, to learn about our world and cultures. but sadly it was the sentai troipe of rangers old friend learns about his/her calling as a ranger and gives them a smile and good luck moment.

now, our biurdman, Bado and Larry knowing each other felt kind of cheap. like really? they know each other? but then depending on how their convo goes it could be something substantial for the story. so there is hope.
QUESTIONS:
1- how many option cube animal has Bado found?
2- was it just me or does Cuba Cheetah look like a repaint of cube kuma?
3- is Genis evil or just a detached maniac? he doesnt care about good or evil he is just looking to be entertained like the hunter from "most dangerous game"
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

Only interesting thing was Bado and Larry, because it could mean good story. Yamato and Daichi situations were alright.
Finally got a wedding episode out of the way, and now diving into a trivia/clip show episode?
Hopefully the episodes that follow are going to get things back on track.

Answers to above:
Well we only know of...two right now. Panda and Cheetah.
It is another recolor of Bear, yes.
Genis is just having fun. Though I'm curious as to what will finally pull him onto the playing field.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

I liked this episode, yeah, it did not made the story go any further, outside the Larry-Bado thing.

About the things i liked:

the fight Scene between Yamato and Bang was very well done.

I really like Yamato, he is just way too normal kinda reminds me of Ryu Tendo, yeah I know he can be boring because of that, but it kinda fills my fanboy wish of a series where the characters would react like real people, going for the logic solutions and answers and such.

But there was something I specially liked, I've said it before as a theory but now they made it official that Misao is weaker than Yamato due to his weak-mindedness, but power-wise he still is the guy who could kick everybody's asses with ease in the past episodes.

Now I know it probably won't happen, but i would like to see Bang Rey breaking Yamato, It would be a nice twist to have the red going berserk for some episodes.

Now what i really don't like is the robot fights, usually i don't like them but in this series i think it's worst for me, i wish they would stop with the combination sequence, also they don't need to combine all their robots to fight a simple illusion, also the minecraft robots are just way ugly, really bandai? cubes?

on other thing i noticed something i did not pay attention in the past episodes, in their roll calls they make their element with their hands for example Sela makes the water, Tusk makes a tree and misao makes a circle and a gesture that means union of all that.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well the fight choreography was good. So that counts for something...
takenoko wrote:When Luna saw the preview, she said "Thank goodness the girls don't dress up in a wedding dress, this time."
Luna's at least right there. I am genuinely happy this wasn't another fake wedding episode.
midorininger wrote:touching on yamato's other friends and a wedding wasnt done right to me as they could have made it a wee bit more about the jyuman, who i agree have fallen to support cast, to learn about our world and cultures.
Exactly. This seems like a badly wasted opportunity to do an episode focusing on the non-Red characters, having them learn something about the world while protecting Yamato's desire to see the wedding. That he had to come in at the end and save everyone severely undermines the Jyumans and their perceived competence.
Sinkuu wrote:
Spoiler
oh, frak. quiz ep. dammit. :(
Spoiler
I know, right? That has clip show written all over it :| In the last 3 weeks we've had just 1 new MOTW, and it looks like we don't get one next week, either
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

I gave this episode a 5, not because of the entire ep, but rather small points seeded throughout that hint at some major plot finally returning...

1. Bang Rey isn't just a passing-through villain. He's seriously searching for something that he's tracked to somewhere on or near the Japanese coast. In fact, he's targetting the memories of the locals in search of clues. I know what I want it to be (avoiding potential spoilers), but we'll have to wait and find out.
2. Something about the way Genis spoke abut Cubal suggests he isn't the one who destroyed Cubal's homeworld. In fact, it seemed to me as though he brought Cubal in so he coul watch the revenge take place.
3. An actual wedding! That whole "fake wedding to lure the baddie" is so overdone by now so it was nice to see an actual ceremony. I also like how the Jyuman just insert themselves into activities. The writers could have let them crash the wedding or had them refused entry (leading to a tired bad blood scenerio), but instead Daichi goes the middle ground. They take a backseat because this episode is about Yamato's motives and past. I can live with that especially since we get to see them fight as a sentai without him.
4. Sela did a thing! Granted, pointing out she's a girl, then punching Leo is harly character development but the mere fact that she did something at all was worth a point in my book. It just sucks the way Leo bounced back all smiles, which kind of ruined the Akari-esque moment.
5. The sentai-sans-Yamato fought pretty well for a while, and even managed to literally push Bang Rey back. But then their cohesion fell apart when he started to pick them off. What he said to Micchan really helped excuse the power drop nicely and says simething about TheWorld in general (pun intended).
6. Finally, never piss off Yamato. The windmills were a nice touch, and I like how Daichi acknowleged him at the end. It's pretty clear he won't reveal Yamato's not-so-secret. (seriously... half the city has seen their henshin by now, but nobody knows it's them? >_<;; )

I wasn't as surprised as others to find out Larry and Bado were acquainted. Remember, Larry was an anthropologist, so he likely knew many (or even most) of the Jyumans who visited Earth. But the scene did raise an interesting question of just what Bado's searching for. It's pretty clear now he has the final cube because it can serve as a compass of sorts. Hopefully they won't forget about this plot again next episode.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

It might be going slow because of Olympics and they might wanted to get the filler episodes out of the way while people are distracted with Olympics. However they cold give Yamato and Daichi's past a little more dept and made it like Daichi helped shaping the character of Yamato which would make Bang Ray's assault on Daichi and Yamato's need to protect him much more important. They could make that Bang Ray made some copies from Jyuohgers memories and while they are busy fighting Bang Ray was heading to wedding anyway which Yamato realizes something wrong this way although they would stay as support it wouldn't be so plain or simple. Overall I think this episode had some potential which was wasted on keeping things too simple.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

eijiman wrote:on other thing i noticed something i did not pay attention in the past episodes, in their roll calls they make their element with their hands for example Sela makes the water, Tusk makes a tree and misao makes a circle and a gesture that means union of all that.
Huh, I never noticed that. I'll have to keep an eye out from here on.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

I would be curious to know where the pics used in the front page came from. Not the tumblr account, but where those originated, since they are probably made by Toei.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Dunno, not sure if the original poster listed a source.

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”