Jyuohger 27 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:36 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
9%
☆☆☆☆
36%
☆☆☆
23%
☆☆
No votes
32%

Total votes: 22
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: Jyuohger 27 released

Post by Ashki »

SELA HAD LINES! Okay, so they weren't really character-deepening, but SELA HAD LINES!

Why is this the second time in two weeks I've given an otherwise one-star episode three stars based solely on one character having lines and something to do? That''s pretty sad...
takenoko wrote:But next week, it seems like the show's getting stolen big time. Is it even fair to call it a Jyuohger episode?
It is, because
Spoiler
they're supposely finally going to explain the existance of JyuohWorld. In many ways, our favourite Robin Hood sentai are stealing back the show's plot from rich Toei and delivering it to us poor viewers. Maybe they can even recover the long-lost point of Sela's existance besides being the token cutie (slash making-up-the-numbers person).

That reminds me... Is it possible the real reason Sela has few lines and no development is because the actress is famous and thus her agents are demanding she be paid more? It's a very Hollywood move, but I could see it happening in the Japanese TV/film industry as well.

Either way, I'm just happy Sela got a bit of attention for a change.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Are actors paid by the line? I'm honestly quite ignorant about it, but that doesn't feel right.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Sela being the cutie? I always throught that Amu was both the smart girl and the cutie. Sela being a man wouldn't probably change much since most of her character are about her family and her rivality with Leo. Only the rivality would change since Leo is holding back on her since he doesn't want to fight women.
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

Just your typical clip show, but I was surprised there was only a small fight at the beginning of the episode and that the copies chose to kill(?) themselves. But there could have been a bit more to it.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i liked that the imposter thing had a twist that if you dont prove whos real/fake they both blow up. and wasted a sela/tusk pairing episode on a clip show. sad as i dont think we had this combi yet.

Spoiler
as far as next week goes, i was to assume gokaiger could only gokaichange with ranger keys and after the series ended could no longer gokaichange. i believed this further when in the VS movie with go-busters Gai had to go and get keys for them to become a particular team. so im thinking maybe they are borrowing powers? AND they are pirates and take what they want. SO! if they are there they will steal the spot light! bang ray is pirate looking as it so not shocked they have something to do with each other. but now we have to wonder whats the jyuohgers grandpower? cubes? animals? also of note, gokaired became gekired and gaored. so safe to assume we'll see more animal based gokaichanges to fight the jyuohgers? and lastly, perhaps the gokaigers are the cheapest way to get so many sentai teams together with as few as people. loved that everyone is there and available for it too.
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

You know, I was just trying to think back when we had a really good Sentai. ToQger and Kyoryuger were somewhat decent, I liked Ninninger better than the average user here (but still not that much) and Zyuohger has been as bland as Sentai gets so far.
Spoiler
And then, the ending happened
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele

Post by Ashki »

takenoko wrote:Are actors paid by the line? I'm honestly quite ignorant about it, but that doesn't feel right.
I don't think it's a matter of lines so much as focus. For example, in Hollywood, the cast order is almost always in order of either character or actor importance. Thus, a major actor can negotiate a higher spot in the credits, even though they may not be the top protagonist. In a Japanese standpoint, giving her more focus may require writers to showcase her main career during a plotline or otherwise make the show serve as an advertising platform. Since toku (an especially Super Sentai) is often used as a stepping stone for new actors/models/performers by their agencies, agents or the rest of the cast may have negotiated downplaying Sela (whose actress already has a career) so the others would get better oppourtunities to be scouted.

In terms of the money thing, I'm pretty sure high profile actors in Japan get aid more, just like in Hollywood. Therefore, the more focus placed on Sela, the more her agents can try to claim the ratings are because of her (and thus try to mess with the staning contract). I'm not saying they would, mind you; but if the writers or producer felt this was a possibility, they might decide to keep her presence minimal to avoid any such risk.

Of course, I could be overthinking all of this and they plan on using her later (or she's meant to be killed off at some point), but I've seen more than once how backstage politics can affect a production (especially back when I performed).
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I dunno, but that seems overly complicated to me. Maybe she's just a terrible actress or the writer doesn't like her.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Why a clip show so early? I hope we are not going to get another clip show when the New Year arrives. This episode was pretty bland but I would have to appreciate the concept of it. And that twist on who ended up being the impostors. Bang Rey continues to be a badass villain.

Spoiler
Holy shit at who's going to appear in the next episode! I actually watched the whole dancing credits this time too. Can't wait for next week!
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Ashki wrote:(or she's meant to be killed off at some point)
When was the last time one of the main rangers (or the sixth) dies and does not revive? Spirit Rangers in Kyoryuger don't count of course.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Leonsagara
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Leonsagara »

njb wrote:
Ashki wrote:(or she's meant to be killed off at some point)
When was the last time one of the main rangers (or the sixth) dies and does not revive? Spirit Rangers in Kyoryuger don't count of course.
Spoilers for Go-Busters, Geki, and Abaranger
Spoiler
Jin from Go-busters. Before that Rio and Mele from Gekiranger, although they're somewhat ambiguous in status. AbareKiller.
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by lostinbrave »

my reaction when watching the last part of the show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gobL8WY6-U0
ImageImage
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Best clip show still had Shurikenger in it.

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”