Jyuohger 28 (Sentai 1999) released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:36 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
82%
☆☆☆☆
5%
☆☆☆
8%
☆☆
3%
3%

Total votes: 39
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: Jyuohger 28 (Sentai 1999) released

Post by DaVinci030 »

Gokai Green wrote:Gokaiger was trending on Twitter in Japan and Worldwide during the episode airing with nearly 32,000 tweets so that could be a clear indication that the kids cared about them.
O.O I didn't know the show is popular to kids, even in the past 2011. I hope they got more than 32,000 tweets for next week's episode.

And hey! Who voted below 1?! Defend yourself!

eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Wow, just wow, this episode was great, but there is something that kinda bothers me when you make this kinda crossovers but apparently on this one they did not make, by logic, the Gokaigers should stomp them after all they have achieved their max powers, while this ones are just starting so the power levels should be different. I suppose Marvelous beating them all shows that.
RangerJustify
Quote: Where there is life, there is the roar of justice.

Post by RangerJustify »

eijiman wrote:Wow, just wow, this episode was great, but there is something that kinda bothers me when you make this kinda crossovers but apparently on this one they did not make, by logic, the Gokaigers should stomp them after all they have achieved their max powers, while this ones are just starting so the power levels should be different. I suppose Marvelous beating them all shows that.
There are no such things as power levels in Super Sentai last I checked... at least not in a literal sense. This franchise as well as many other action oriented franchises feature the element of youth vs. experience. If it were always as cut and dry as you put it, we'd always know that younger Kamen Riders/ Sentai teams would get curbstomped by their sempai.
RangerJustify
Quote: Where there is life, there is the roar of justice.

Post by RangerJustify »

Shurikenger108 wrote:I give this episode only 2 stars. Because I disappoint in those thing:
- They gave us the debut (or the mention) of Mark of the Great King in a team-up episode. I want this episode and the next are only for anniversary, and then Jyuohger comes back to its storyline, which is also not good recently.
The way tokusatsu is often written causes the development of characters to happen with or without the help of experienced characters. They can either be series exclusive or characters from past series. Gokaiger being the indirect cause of the debut of the Mark of the Great King not only allows Jyuohger to show a great respect for legacy but it allows the team-up to have more meaning than just a team up for the sake of a team up. These two teams will be developing together by the end of this two parter. It's better this way.
Shurikenger108 wrote:- Bang Rey again. Since his debut in episode 23, every episodes now were about him. His ability is so lame now. It only helps Toei to reuse old monsters and not to make new one. And the most disappointing thing is JyuohWhale is what Bang Rey after. This shows the laziness and underwhelming. Genis is a bad-ass creepy boss, and he and his gang deserve to be on these 2 episodes.
JyuohWhale, the largest and most significant of the mecha this season so far, is the target of a seasoned beast hunter. That makes perfect sense to me. How this is lazy and underwhelming goes far beyond my understanding but I'm not in your head so I can't say...
Shurikenger108 wrote:- Gokaiger and their changing ability. In Gokai last episode, they returned powers to their sempai and search for their own, but since then they begged to have it back at least twice time. I'm fine if they are fighting on their own, Gokaiger's action scene is good. It's like Gokaiger can't do anything without past powers. And Gai was so so over-reacted.
It was never understood that the powers were given back to previous sentai teams so they could find their own. They went to just look for treasure. That's it! Furthermore, the Gokaiger is the team know for Gokai Changing into previous teams. Adult and kid viewers alike (in their right minds) would consider the lack of Gokai Changes in this two-parter a grossly missed opportunity. Even further, it is purely awesome that we are able to see them change into teams from Go-Busters onwards.

Oh... and Gai ALWAYS overacts... it's who he is...
Shurikenger108 wrote:But there are good moments in this too (which keeps me from giving one star)
- The history of Jyuland is interesting. But the good part is Tusk mentioned "It is not mentioned in every books". Now with the Birdman said before "Never come back to that place", there is something odd about this place now.
- When Marvelous appeared, I was hoping for the iconic soundtrack, but no, so I'm a little bit disappointed. But then the scene the other 4 appeared, wow goosebump.
Good to see we actually agree on some aspects of the episode but to summarize, a five star episode for you would have been an uninspired cross over meeting with the pirates where they just fight anyone except for Bang Rey, the Gokaigers never use alternative forms, no development for either team occurs and Gai doesn't act like himself. Good to know...
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

things no one has mentioned yet:
1- in the opening, the jyuohgers struck the poses on the gokaiger before the show started
2- Amu tickling Marvelous to get him to let go of the Mark of the Great King
3- Gokaiger laughing at the costumes of the Jyuohgers right to their faces

and is that Green for the costumes going to be a thing now? as the kiwi green for the members is a bit too soft for me. the darker greens of past greens was better. and the gokaiger being able to beat another sentai team isnt so hard to understand. they are sentai who fight like villains as they are pirates. they have that edge. THAT and have some level of understanding of how their powers works.

and just think, this isn't even the VS movie ... :D
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

RangerJustify wrote: There are no such things as power levels in Super Sentai last I checked... at least not in a literal sense. This franchise as well as many other action oriented franchises feature the element of youth vs. experience. If it were always as cut and dry as you put it, we'd always know that younger Kamen Riders/ Sentai teams would get curbstomped by their sempai.
Well, i don't know if that is the propper name, but even in real life they exist, for example if a common guy fought a pro MMA fighter, I think everyone knows what the result would be (Altough it could end with a lucky shot, the chances are really low). Also even in Akibaranger they said it, they just don't care about them.

Yeah, i know they do it to make it interesting, it is just that sometimes i would like that they respected those. I man if we go in a realistic way, let's say that Takeru had to fight Ex-Aid at the beggining of his series. What would you think it would happen in a realistic scenario? given that Ex-aid does not have any special ability that makes him stand out, Takeru would go directly to his Mugen form and it will be a one sided beating.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

oh another thing i forgot, when gokai changing into yellow buster, they didnt show luka's face when completing the transformation. it was a black visor that got a the yellow metalic glasses over it.
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

Now this was an episode worth waiting for as it has been five years since Gokaiger. it was nice to see the new forms of the past 4 Sentai and I always wondered if the Gokaigers would come back for more Sentai powers instead of getting some of their own. To be honest I would've liked to see this teamup farther down the line because it would've been a cool way to hide the next Sentai in the background by showing five blank ranger keys. I also think it would be cool in the next episode to see other character keys to show that the toys become a reality.

As for the history of Zyuland, I think that something really bad happened with the whale power and that was why everyone forgot about it. My idea is that it had too much power for a young world and the less people know about a dangerous power, the better. Look at how powerful the Bull Mecha was without a master and I think that the whale could be a similar thing. Oh, the database says that the cube is supposed to be based of a sperm whale, but the ranger form and Cetas are a hybrid of a blue and humpback whale, so a few points off for character consistency.

I think that Guy is still being pushed around by the other Gokaigers because it looked like he had to gather the powers by himself. His hair was really bad too and I hate when a character returns with a very different look because everyone knows what to look for. I guess that since five years has paased, Guy had adopted his own pirate persona and it looks weird. The other Gokaigers looked the same in the credits, minus different hair styles, and I was glad to see that.

I did find the perv moment to be classic because every suit actor wears very form fitting suits and the females are often shown from an odd angle. Everyone has thought about it before and everyone's profile feature's a crush. As for me, I would've done anything to trade places with Leo during the fight, but something tells me that I would've turned into Hiromu.
Shurikenger108

Post by Shurikenger108 »

RangerJustify wrote: The way tokusatsu is often written causes the development of characters to happen with or without the help of experienced characters. They can either be series exclusive or characters from past series. Gokaiger being the indirect cause of the debut of the Mark of the Great King not only allows Jyuohger to show a great respect for legacy but it allows the team-up to have more meaning than just a team up for the sake of a team up. These two teams will be developing together by the end of this two parter. It's better this way.
I always personally think the anniversary should not have impact on the storyline and each Super Sentai should find and use power on their own. This part in this episode is not the first one I hate. I hate the anniversary in NinNinger because they kept using Kakuranger and Hurricaneger regularly, which came from other Sentai. I think Toei doing this to make Super Sentai World becomes more related (like DC or Marvel ver). Yea some people like it, but not me, sorry.
RangerJustify wrote: JyuohWhale, the largest and most significant of the mecha this season so far, is the target of a seasoned beast hunter. That makes perfect sense to me. How this is lazy and underwhelming goes far beyond my understanding but I'm not in your head so I can't say...
I think this is the first time a new villain is brought up for the mecha purpose, which about to debut a couple of episode later. Yea JyuohWhale will went to the Jyuoh team, who knows what happen to Bang Rey after that?
RangerJustify wrote: It was never understood that the powers were given back to previous sentai teams so they could find their own. They went to just look for treasure. That's it! Furthermore, the Gokaiger is the team know for Gokai Changing into previous teams. Adult and kid viewers alike (in their right minds) would consider the lack of Gokai Changes in this two-parter a grossly missed opportunity. Even further, it is purely awesome that we are able to see them change into teams from Go-Busters onwards.

Oh... and Gai ALWAYS overacts... it's who he is...
Yea I know adults and kids look forwards seeing the Gokai Change in this anniversary. But logically you can't return and ask for powers so many time. I don't like Go-Busters vs Gokaiger because of the same reason. If Gokai team comes up with an idea to use past powers without begging old senshi all the time (make copies), it's ok to me.
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

This was a really good episode, and am I glad to see the Gokaiger again? The fight choreography was amazing and several funny elements were thrown in during this episode. Amu tickling Marvelous to make him drop CubeWhale was great, and once again shows how great she is. XD

And we also got some more world building for Jyoh Land and hints that darker things may be lurking around.

The monster that Ketos fought against? I wonder if that isn't Bang Rey's original form or if just an all new monster entirely (though someone who may still have a connection to him, and maybe to the Deathgaliens as well).

They could have done a typical crossover where they fought someone differently and didn't bring anything to the story and other clichés, but I'm glad that they chose to use the crossover to advance the plot instead (it's also a good idea since a lot of people are going to see a crossover with one of the most popular Sentai teams). So until part two comes out so am I going to give this episode 5 stars. ^w^
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I'm a bit surprised that people don't like the idea of advancing plot during a team-up. Clearly some of you don't remember the Go-Busters/Gavan episodes or the Gaim/Kikaider episode and probably beg for some plot stuff. At least they decided to actually make the team-up worth something more than just dumb fun for once.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

This episode was even better than I'd hoped! Admittedly, my overall expectations aren't that high anymore for this series, but several things caught my attention leading up to this week.

1. I see a lot of the toy images soon after they're released. Because the blocky nature of Jyuman technology, I've had a lot of problems getting into said tech. That said, I tend to see the figures for new forms and cubes well ahead of time. But knowing the whale was coming didn't prepare me at all for HOW it's coming. It gives me happy Kyuuryuu-vibes. I also find it entertaining that we both are and aren't getting a new red ranger, thanks to the mantle-passing theme of this season.

2. From the moment Bang Rey appeared, I was thinking space pirates. He bears an odd resemblence to a kaijin version of Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean, carries around a giant anchor, and is obsessed with catching a giant beast (references to Captain Ahab, perhaps? - in which case, him hunting a giant whale is beyond appropriate!). Furthermore his very demeanor is remeniscent of the cream of the Zangyack forces. I felt sme form of pirate tie-in would happen, but was blown away when that production photo of Marvelous in the plaza was released. I never expected things to come together this way, though!

3. Is it bad that I was practically squealing at the way Marvelous was wiping the floor with the Jyuohgers? From the curry reference (which referenced the debut of both Bang Rey and the Gokaigers) to GokaiRed giving Bang Rey a blow-for-blow run for his money without breaking a sweat... It's SO refreshing to see a seasoned sentai in action over some of the recent amateur teams. Any of the Gokaiger fights in this ep was worth a solid 5 on its own. And watching Doc's antics, Luca (correctly) calling Leo a ervert, and Joe taking command... oh, the nostalgia!

4. I have to admit, Misao cracked me up this episode when he and Yamato were counting the GokaiChanges. What made it REALLY funny was the fact that Marvelous used Red Buster for his form, immobilising TheWorld. Why is this so funny? Misao becmes useless (and sometimes freezes) when faced with his fear of inadequacy. Meanwhile, Red Buster would literally freeze in place whenever faced with his fear of chickens. Oh, the punny fan service in this ep!

5. Genis alludes to something... else... which may be the real reason behind his blood games and his motivation for keeping a team leader who's also seeking revenge.

All in all, so many tiny things came together in this ep that proved Toei still has some tryly capable writers, and that there are nuances in the show we should be paying more attention to. Perhaps what we thought were major plot points cast aside are really just red herrings meant to keep us looking in the wrong direction. If so, bravo!
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

Shurikenger108 wrote: Yea I know adults and kids look forwards seeing the Gokai Change in this anniversary. But logically you can't return and ask for powers so many time. I don't like Go-Busters vs Gokaiger because of the same reason. If Gokai team comes up with an idea to use past powers without begging old senshi all the time (make copies), it's ok to me.
Technically speaking, by the end of the series, the Gokaigers had been granted the right to use the keys by representatives from most (if not all) of the previous Sentai. If that's the case, then even if they returned those powers they still have the right to use them. My guess is the keys are now simply a means to borrow those forms and powers (think Decade's Rider cards), presumably for use only in matters of Earth defense. Keep in mind also, many Sentai members have died over time, some on-camera. There's no one else to inherit those powers, so any surviving team members have likely given permanent use of those keys to the Gokaigers either way.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>2. From the moment Bang Rey appeared, I was thinking space pirates. He bears an odd resemblence to a kaijin version of Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean, carries around a giant anchor, and is obsessed with catching a giant beast (references to Captain Ahab, perhaps?

Huh, that's a pretty good observation. He's also got a hook for an arm and a peg leg. I never put it together till you mentioned it.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

actually bang rays appearance like how he showed up, reminded me of depthcharge from beastwars season2. just for how small his ship was and how he entered just to fight 1 person inparticular that he had been hunting for.

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”