Jyuohger 28 (Sentai 1999) released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:36 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
82%
☆☆☆☆
5%
☆☆☆
8%
☆☆
3%
3%

Total votes: 39
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: Jyuohger 28 (Sentai 1999) released

Post by Ashki »

midorininger wrote:actually bang rays appearance like how he showed up, reminded me of depthcharge from beastwars season2. just for how small his ship was and how he entered just to fight 1 person inparticular that he had been hunting for.
That similarity hadn't gone unnoticed, especially since Beast Wars s2-3 actually aired in Japan as Beast Wars Metals. The colours are also similar. But at the same time, that was well over a decade ago now (Car Robots was in 2000 and was the last reuse of BW molds), so I'm hard-pressed to believe the resemblence was intentional. But I get the distinct feeling Bang Rey was created with a lot of fan service in mind, as well as (now we've seen it) a direct correlation to JyuohWhale.

I wonder if the production team will talk about their inspirations in an upcoming kaijin artbook (do they still make those?), because I'm betting there are even more references we're missing. Maybe even a touch of Peter Pan (slight Captain Hook obsessed with Peter vibes)?
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

Best Zyuohger episode ever! I'm so glad to see the Gokaiger back. I've always wondered if we'd ever see them again. So this was just mind-blowingly amazing. How did the Tokkyuger turn back into kids? I never finished that series so I'm assuming it happened at the end. Because I remember them being cured with the help of the Kyoryuger in the 2015 VS film.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

I missed Marvelous' antics so much. Haven't seen a Red like for a while now. I have no issue with Gai asking the kid Toqger's for their Keys as that was probably the most easiest and cheapest way compared to getting the adult actors for a short cameo appearance.
Zychotic
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Inoue Masahiro
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Zychotic »

Victormaru wrote: How did the Tokkyuger turn back into kids? I never finished that series so I'm assuming it happened at the end. Because I remember them being cured with the help of the Kyoryuger in the 2015 VS film.
I suggest you go watch the last 5-10 minutes of the final Toqger episode. If I made top 10 lists, that scene would definitely be there.
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Jehal »

Victormaru wrote:Best Zyuohger episode ever! I'm so glad to see the Gokaiger back. I've always wondered if we'd ever see them again. So this was just mind-blowingly amazing. How did the Tokkyuger turn back into kids? I never finished that series so I'm assuming it happened at the end. Because I remember them being cured with the help of the Kyoryuger in the 2015 VS film.
Spoilers for ToQger
Spoiler
They were always kids, turned into adults to fight the shadow line. At the end of the series when their mission is done, they're turned back into kids so they can return to their normal lives.
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

Ashki wrote:
midorininger wrote:actually bang rays appearance like how he showed up, reminded me of depthcharge from beastwars season2. just for how small his ship was and how he entered just to fight 1 person inparticular that he had been hunting for.
That similarity hadn't gone unnoticed, especially since Beast Wars s2-3 actually aired in Japan as Beast Wars Metals. The colours are also similar. But at the same time, that was well over a decade ago now (Car Robots was in 2000 and was the last reuse of BW molds), so I'm hard-pressed to believe the resemblence was intentional. But I get the distinct feeling Bang Rey was created with a lot of fan service in mind, as well as (now we've seen it) a direct correlation to JyuohWhale.

I wonder if the production team will talk about their inspirations in an upcoming kaijin artbook (do they still make those?), because I'm betting there are even more references we're missing. Maybe even a touch of Peter Pan (slight Captain Hook obsessed with Peter vibes)?
wow didnt even think of hook and pan. though i still say bang ray was just bullying yamato because he could and really hated his personality. like typical cartoon villiany business despite bang ray being pretty cool in terms of his look abilities and tactics.

i do wonder what naria's business is with genis. as she was a wee bit too upset that someone defied him.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

midorininger wrote:wow didnt even think of hook and pan. though i still say bang ray was just bullying yamato because he could and really hated his personality. like typical cartoon villiany business despite bang ray being pretty cool in terms of his look abilities and tactics.

i do wonder what naria's business is with genis. as she was a wee bit too upset that someone defied him.
Bang Rey is definitely one of my favourite villains since Enter and Escape.

As for Naria, the way she handles the coins and generally treats Genis makes me think of her as an homage to Mele (but not as cute). Mele fell in love with the man who reanimated her and could be quite scary if his safety was threatened or he was insulted in her presence.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
PkmnChmp5
Go Go!
Favorite Band: Kamen Rider Girls
Quote: "I can think of no sadder creature in this world than a man unable to inspire a little jealousy. Eh, Tiz?" - Ringabel (Bravely Default)

Post by PkmnChmp5 »

I feel like since I haven't watched Gokaiger, a lot of this episode fell flat for me. I'm glad we finally got a little plot though. When are they gonna tell us what happened with Larry & Bud?
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

Zychotic wrote:I suggest you go watch the last 5-10 minutes of the final Toqger episode. If I made top 10 lists, that scene would definitely be there.
Jehal wrote:
Spoiler
They were always kids, turned into adults to fight the shadow line. At the end of the series when their mission is done, they're turned back into kids so they can return to their normal lives.
Thank you, guys. That's quite a plot twist but now that makes sense. Makes me want to watch Tokkyuger again. I quit after like the first three episodes back then because I felt like it was too kid-friendly.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So like on the one hand, I miss the old anniversary episodes where they would get a member from several previous teams, but the the fact that we get more smug Gokaigers is neat. I like the idea of them coming to earth every year and begging for ranger keys from previous members.

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”