Jyuohger 29 (Sentai 2000) released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:17 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
72%
☆☆☆☆
12%
☆☆☆
8%
☆☆
No votes
8%

Total votes: 25
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Jyuohger 29 (Sentai 2000) released

Post by takenoko »

Phoenix512 wrote:I'm curious to know why you think these guys are amateurs in your book.
I don't think I strictly called them amateurs, and think you're too hung up on some weird semantics/weird defending the honor thing for some writers who haven't really proven themselves. You don't even say you like the job they're doing or give evidence why they're good writers, if that's your point.

It's called a difference of opinion. I don't think they're doing a great job at writing a year long series and gave you some evidence that I think supports that opinion. You don't address that at all and then tell me that their names were attached to some episodes. Sure, they've written before. But writing a one or two episode arc is different from writing a continuous year long story where you have to maintain story beats, character development, creating a group of likable characters, etc.

Right now, I see some very amateur writers who create maybe 1-2 characters with major agency. And they're surrounded by characters that are just a few traits and quirks. When this happens with Sentai, it gives the sensation that no one matters but red, a problem that Ninninger and Jyuohger has. Compare this to the Gokaigers who appear in this episode, we get to see Don's crazy fighting, Luka's attitude, Ahim's refined nature, and Joe's coolness, in addition to Marvelous stealing the show. Even when Marvelous is the only one whose face is shown in episode 28, we still had a great time with the rest of the crew. It was exciting, because they felt like they had personality.

Not to say Kobayashi and Sanjou are perfect writers, but they have the experience needed to write stories/characters that don't have as many flaws at the seams. Even Toqger, a series not everyone was wild about, had amazing characters compared to what we're getting with Ninninger and Jyuohger.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I just wanted to get people on the same page here. I'm fine with them being decent professional writers. I just wanted clarification on the usage on the professional term.

I feel like Jyuohger is doing just fine at the moment. I'm not really annoyed by the characters compared to Ninninger and Toqger. It can be better but at the same time, I'm not going to feel bad if it still at this level when the series ends. There's still almost 50% left in the series and hope it can be better.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

hmm when jyuoh whale in the past was in black and white. so we dont know for sure if he is red exclusive as it seems it COULD be shared. like what if the helmet and overcoat thing stayed red but! the rest of the rangers costume reamined the same? so they could share it sort of like the inroumaru from shinkenger?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Phoenix512 wrote:I feel like Jyuohger is doing just fine at the moment. I'm not really annoyed by the characters compared to Ninninger and Toqger. It can be better but at the same time, I'm not going to feel bad if it still at this level when the series ends. There's still almost 50% left in the series and hope it can be better.
It's not great right now, but it's not bad. It's just been a bit aimless since Misao joined the team. We're all pretty much waiting on the next major plot episode with Birdman.
midorininger wrote:hmm when jyuoh whale in the past was in black and white. so we dont know for sure if he is red exclusive as it seems it COULD be shared. like what if the helmet and overcoat thing stayed red but! the rest of the rangers costume reamined the same? so they could share it sort of like the inroumaru from shinkenger?
IIRC, none of the sharable power-ups have involved a new helmet, whereas this one does.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Was Joe sporting a wig? His hair was cut short for the hilarious Kyouryuuger Bounty Hunter Troupe movie. Wonder if it grew back that fast. And Luca's hair sure got long. But she's looking very pretty though. And Ami looks slightly older but still gorgeous as well. This episode was good. Their interactions with the Jyuohger were gold alone. Always have to appreciate it when Toei can get a full cast back to reprise their roles.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

chronoxiong wrote:Was Joe sporting a wig? His hair was cut short for the hilarious Kyouryuuger Bounty Hunter Troupe movie.
He didn't got a haircut when I watched the JP drama/movie and Bounty Hunter Troupe. And yes, he did wore a wig during his role as Joe.

midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

ViRGE wrote:IIRC, none of the sharable power-ups have involved a new helmet, whereas this one does.
first time for everything? but in any case its time the 4 guardians got something new so they can stay relevant. even if they learn super awaken animal instinct from misao it would be something!
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

DaVinci030 wrote:
chronoxiong wrote:Was Joe sporting a wig? His hair was cut short for the hilarious Kyouryuuger Bounty Hunter Troupe movie.
He didn't got a haircut when I watched the JP drama/movie and Bounty Hunter Troupe. And yes, he did wore a wig during his role as Joe.
Are you saying it took me 5 years to realize that Joe was actually sporting a wig throughout the whole series? Omg. I can't believe this.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray

Post by xiiliea »

Damn. I thought it was natural and it grew from his scalp! (reference to a certain drama, dunno if anyone gets it)
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

i am and am not not surprised by joe's wig. though looking at the pic on the main page his face did change some. namely it looks like he has 5 oclock shadow on his chin and mustache. wonder if he couldnt grow a beard back then as apposed to now? his is the only face that changed any as his chin seems to have gotten wider and his face fuller. marvy-chan and the rest look about the same. and yes, while luka did get hotter, she was hot anyways.
Spoiler
but not as hot as my secret asian wife chisato from megaranger! really loved her smile.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So Yamato blasts off a massive chunk of the moon and there are no repercussions?

I mean, I guess they always do say 'Don't mess with this earth' but don't give a shit about anything else.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

hey ... did anyone notice during the outro ... all the teams were gokaiger versions of the teams? i was watching it again and saw skirts where there should not have been most notably on the yellows. hurricane yellow caught my eye first, but then, gaoyellow was skirted, and koyryou black seemed female too.
rubius
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Lupinranger vs. Patranger
Dreamy: Patren Sango/Magine
Favorite Actor?: N/A
Favorite Band: Rider Girls/Chips

Post by rubius »

i get the 2000th episode is a big deal and they chose the gokaigers for it but why didn't they also add the gaoranger in a different episode? i mean ninninger had both kakuranger and hurricanger and now kyuuranger has dekaranger with gavan.
Finished Shows
Kamen Rider:Heisei Riders - Saber
Super Sentai: From Zyuranger to Kiramager
Other: Justirizer, Rescue Force/Fire

Haven't watched a Tokusatsu I didn't like :mrgreen:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

There are a billion animal themed Sentai. Can't have all of them.

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”