Jyuohger 30 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:07 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
57%
☆☆☆☆
14%
☆☆☆
19%
☆☆
10%
No votes

Total votes: 21
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Jyuohger 30 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last week's rating: 4.48 / 5 (23 votes)

Alt Title - Bart: Oh, every week there's a canal. Lisa: Or an inlet. Bart: Or a fjord. What I think of every time there's a water-based hero.

But hey, pretty good episode this week. A couple of plot twists and Sela actually did something this week.

/me rolls eyes at Misao's antics.

I joke about the water thing, but it was refreshing to have an underwater sequence this week. Plus, it's always nice when the individual robo body parts get to go on a stroll without a leash.

I know there has to be dramatic tension, but just use your whale form, Yamato. It's the one that works.

Hurray for Genis and Naria doing stuff! This three-way conflict is actually starting to take shape into something good.

My one other nitpick this week is that JyuohWhale seems like he has trouble fighting with his heavy arm cannon. He's definitely not as mobile as when he has his whip-sword.

5/5.

Edit:
Huh? Uncle's whale has the colors of the Jyuohgers on them, sorta. Green and yellow are the crescents, blue and dark red would be the girls. Red triangle for Yamato. Purple circle in the middle for Misao. But what would the yellow triangle at the top be?

Something I noticed, Bang Rey only knows Yamato's name. I feel like that's just more proof that this is yet another lopsided Sentai.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Jyuohger 30 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Hey Bird!Kaixa, get back to the story already. Still drunk from 9/13??

Overall, nice episode, though there should have been newer footage of Bang Rey VS Cubal round 2 rather than the original one from a previous episode and transitioning to only a few new bits of it.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

I think that blog post should maybe say 30th episode, not anniversary. Unless I've been in a coma and it's now 2046.

I liked the episode mostly for its jokes, like Sela flopping around on the ground. And of course, individual mecha doing things is always good.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It's the 30th anniversary for Jyuohger Wink!
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

TypicalStandUser wrote:Hey Bird!Kaixa, get back to the story already. Still drunk from 9/13??
Telling ya he's watching Mari as we're speaking
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
LeoArchon
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Final Fantasy
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
My boom: Total War: Shogun 2
Quote: "To be forgotten is worse than death." -Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX

Post by LeoArchon »

Does it say something that I wish the anniversary episodes had been as good as this one?
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

LeoArchon wrote:Does it say something that I wish the anniversary episodes had been as good as this one?
No, it's your thoughts. I say the anniversary episode is just fine as is, but I'd wish it be better too
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

I'm very happy to eat my own words in saying that episodes following the Gokaiger crossover would suck. That was pretty good!

At least the rest of the team realizes that Misao has become an idiot. The questions asking about going into Beast mode at the start of a fight and someone asking if he was doing this stuff on purpose are reassuring. He must have the quickest descent-to-dumbass time ever in the history of Super Sentai.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i half wonder if the slower plot leading upto the 2000th episode/anniversary were on purpose just so something big could happen when the gokaiger were there and there would be more going on?

loved the visuals of cube whale in both the water and the air. they really grasped the sheer size of the mech. and underwater reminded me of Ceadeus from monster hunter 3.
and Genis secretly seeking cube whale for his own amusement was a nice twist. he really is intriguing that so long as he is entertained he will drop his plans on the drop of a dime and rework everything if a new element presents itself. he likely knows about cubals plotting and scheming and is waiting for that to unfold. eagerly.

misao is nothing now.

lastly, Sera had lines this week! alot of them! good for her! and she mattered too!
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Well, interesting episode, it was over before i knew, that is my proof that it was entertaining for me.

I laughed at Misao's Jokes today, but I wish they gave him a reason to shine again. Last sentai i watched was Toqger and Akira was awesome, why cant misao be a lil bit like him?
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

Misao failed as hard as he tries.

And finally Deathgalien back into the pictures.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Hey, plot happened! And Sela wasn't just a background character for once!

Jyuohger isn't a bad series, its problem as of late has been that it hasn't really progressed on any of its plots. Now that it's finally doing so, the episodes are getting much better.:)

I do however take issue with Toei, once again, skipping out on a new MOTW. If someone goes back and counts, I'm sure we'll find that there have only been a few new suits in the last 10 episodes. Whatever is going on over there, it's incredibly obvious this year that they're avoiding new suits this time.
takenoko wrote:It's the 30th anniversary for Jyuohger Wink!
Go home Takenoko, you're drunk. :P
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

If toei can make any dumb thing a university, so can I!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:If toei can make any dumb thing a university, so can I!
We'll be sure to celebrate your 25,000th post. :P
Zychotic
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Inoue Masahiro
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Zychotic »

ViRGE wrote:
takenoko wrote:It's the 30th anniversary for Jyuohger Wink!
Go home Takenoko, you're drunk. :P
takenoko wrote:If toei can make any dumb thing a university, so can I!
A university? Yep Takenoko is definitely drunk.

I'll admit I haven't been watching Jyuohger lately just because I'm not too much of a fan of Super Sentai anymore, I'd rather watch Kamen Rider. I only watched the last two episodes because of Gokaiger. Decided to download this episode just to see Cube Whale but damn, that was one good episode, a really good 30th episode anniversary ;)

Now to annoy everyone by saying this is a similar storyline to when Lion Ha-Oh appeared in Ninninger. They go searching for new mecha, find it but it doesn't behave and doesn't want to be friends with them. Then bad guys show up so the mecha fights and beats the bad guys but still doesn't want to be friends with the heroes. Next episode there is some resolve and now they are best friends. Not complaining too much, it is a decent plot to use.

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”