Jyuohger 31 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:30 am

☆☆☆☆☆
53%
☆☆☆☆
35%
☆☆☆
6%
☆☆
6%
No votes

Total votes: 17
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Jyuohger 31 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last week's rating: 4.21 / 5 (19 votes)

Alt Title - Naria VS Bang Rey VS The Jyuohgers

A three way battle, and it's good! I feel like all the combatants get some good moments.

Naria's a badass as always. I always love how she has this detached work ethnic. She's not angry with the Jyuohgers or hates them, they're just in her way of doing her job, so she has to eliminate them.

I liked that they put spears on Wild TousaiKing instead of using CGI.

Yamato had some good moments defending Cube Whale from Bang Rey. I do think it was dumb that he was able to use the minecraft spear without being in a power mode like gorilla or whale though.

Finally, Sela and Misao had some good moments in this episode. It looks like they'll be addressing Misao's personality a bit more in the next episode too.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Re: Jyuohger 31 released

Post by midorininger »

im thinking the reason the 20's were so slow was because they wanted to have a major plot point happen with the gokaiger, and while they could have done that with bado instead of whale, i hope it wont hurt the series in the long run.

that said, i kind of would have thought the "hits targets beyond the stratosphere" whale gun would be used with cube whales finisher, like akin to firing a beam into a lens to make it stronger? or at least it flowed through whale somehow?

ALSO! when was the last time a Mech lent its weapon to a ranger? last time i think is mighty shogun to NinjaRed? unless im wrong?
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

Man, I've been waiting for them to give Sela another episode, and while she still had to share it with Yamato, we still learned a lot about her. It seemed like she was finally getting through to Misao, too.

Meanwhile, Yamato's role was extremely cliche, yet the flow was really good. I like how in the end Cube Whale saw her old partner and took that as a sign. It's also really cool to have a mecha being identified as a "she", even if Yamato insists on calling Cube Whale an "it". I feel it's not only appropriate for Cube Whale, but also might be a first for Super Sentai.

The battle was really good, and even though I still think Gift (Custom) looks like a bunch of kibble thrown together haphazardly, I agree with Takenoko that the use of physical spears/harpoons was a nice touch. Watching Chibi-Cube Whale fleeing from Misao was also a great touch, even if it caused the latter to revert (which might be a good thing, since him growing up looks like a new plot arc starting up).

Genis really is turning into an interesting villain, and I'm starting to think he may be almost on par with Enter for intelligence. In fact, the memory thing is reminding me of a similar plot from Go-Buster that turned out really good, so my interest is piqued. I wish Naria had a little more passion like Mele or Escape, but her coldness doesn't make her any less of a great character. Hopefully we'll get her backstory at some point.

Midorininger's likely correct about the past couple months, because the show has barely lost momentum since the two-part special, and there seems to be a focus on detail we've been missing for some time. At this rate, I might have to make some room in my Top 10 for this series.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>It's also really cool to have a mecha being identified as a "she", even if Yamato insists on calling Cube Whale an "it". I feel it's not only appropriate for Cube Whale, but also might be a first for Super Sentai.

Oh, I mostly did that because Bang Rey keeps calling Cube Whale -chan. I thought it fit in his tone of fake endearment with his prey. For the most part, I think all the Cubes are gender neutral. So any identifications of gender say more about the speakers who say it than the character itself.

I still think it's funny that the DeathGalien use the power of triangles to fight squares. The memory disc was a triangle. Gift is kinda triangle shape. Their planes are triangles.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

Data, huh... I guess we're gonna see something similar to cube whale?
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Clearly I need to watch this episode again because I did not find it as entertaining as everyone else did :oops:
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Stuff happened, Naria got to kick some ass, and there was an awesome giant robo water fight. Other than killing off Bang Ray (who at this point has become boring) it had everything I could have asked for.:)
Rifaz wrote:Data, huh... I guess we're gonna see something similar to cube whale?
More likely the plot device for why the Jyuohgers have to combine Dodekai-Oh with the other robos. Since this isn't a team robo, I'm assuming there's some kind of ToQger-like massive cluster coming.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Alternate alternate title: Cube Whale fucks everybody up the episode part II.

The only issue with the data shit Genius is pulling is I feel like it's a copy of Bragigas reveal arc. Good guys get ancient mecha back, bad guys have stronger bad thing, ancient mecha will combine with other mecha to make bigger mecha and kill bag guy thing.
PkmnChmp5
Go Go!
Favorite Band: Kamen Rider Girls
Quote: "I can think of no sadder creature in this world than a man unable to inspire a little jealousy. Eh, Tiz?" - Ringabel (Bravely Default)

Post by PkmnChmp5 »

This show's gained some momentum with the last few episodes. I hope this continues.

I really hope we eventually find out why Naria is so loyal to Genis. The only thing she cares about is pleasing him. Maybe her planet was destroyed by Genis too (just like Cubal's), but maybe her life there was awful, so Genis was almost like a savior to her, offering her a way out of her terrible situation... Just a thought.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I feel like you've just given Naria the best backstory she'll ever get. I'm pretty doubtful that they'll give Naria any sort of an arc, unfortunately. She's just there to make Genis' monster grow.
PkmnChmp5
Go Go!
Favorite Band: Kamen Rider Girls
Quote: "I can think of no sadder creature in this world than a man unable to inspire a little jealousy. Eh, Tiz?" - Ringabel (Bravely Default)

Post by PkmnChmp5 »

takenoko wrote:I feel like you've just given Naria the best backstory she'll ever get. I'm pretty doubtful that they'll give Naria any sort of an arc, unfortunately. She's just there to make Genis' monster grow.
Hey what Genis & Naria do when they're alone is their business. :wink:

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”