Jyuohger 32 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:04 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
48%
☆☆☆☆
38%
☆☆☆
5%
☆☆
5%
5%

Total votes: 21
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Jyuohger 32 released

Post by takenoko »

Kurokage X wrote:
takenoko wrote: Oh, Shimoyama wrote this, that makes sense... As problematic as Ninninger was, I do kind of feel like towards the end he understood the problems of putting too much focus on the red character. And he's got experience writing out an apology episode to the audience that deals with criticism. I like that he's got at least some awareness of the audience and it was a legitmately funny episode.
Good to know this is his "I'm sorry for too much of Takaharu," hated that bastard for being annoying as crap.
I mean, there are some episodes in Ninninger where it seems like he acknowledges that fans hate Takaharu. This is more of an "Sorry for Misao" episode.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

This episode was really good, and i started to realise I'm starting to understand Misao a little more, mainly because I've been in that situation before (minus the world saving super powers) But i do think they could have portrayed him a little less on the nose
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

takenoko wrote:
njb wrote:To the subbers: why did you have to put exclamation marks to the end of every line in the Jyuohgers' roll call and attack calls? Also: no new SHT intro??
In general, the only time we don't use punctuation is during times when a non-sapient life form is speaking (like a weapon or transformation device) or during songs. It's just one of the things I want to keep consistent for our subs. Like how we use italicization for thoughts, English words, and flashbacks.
eh? If I remember correctly, this is the first ep in Jyuohger where the exclamation marks popped up (before it was "Monarch of the Open Skies" w/o the !, and so on. I'm not sure with finisher attacks though)
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

takenoko wrote:
Kurokage X wrote: Good to know this is his "I'm sorry for too much of Takaharu," hated that bastard for being annoying as crap.
I mean, there are some episodes in Ninninger where it seems like he acknowledges that fans hate Takaharu. This is more of an "Sorry for Misao" episode.
naw Take, it's more of a "okay guys, we'll give you something good for Misao" for this episode
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Farr
7X
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Farr »

njb wrote:
takenoko wrote:
In general, the only time we don't use punctuation is during times when a non-sapient life form is speaking (like a weapon or transformation device) or during songs. It's just one of the things I want to keep consistent for our subs. Like how we use italicization for thoughts, English words, and flashbacks.
eh? If I remember correctly, this is the first ep in Jyuohger where the exclamation marks popped up (before it was "Monarch of the Open Skies" w/o the !, and so on. I'm not sure with finisher attacks though)
Yeah njb is correct on this one, just checked the last few Ep's and an older one for measure, but the roll call did not have any exclamation Marks except for the latest Episode.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I kind of made a big stink about it because I hadn't realized that the effects had no punctuation before. So they were added in now.
Farr
7X
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Farr »

takenoko wrote:Yeah, I kind of made a big stink about it because I hadn't realized that the effects had no punctuation before. So they were added in now.
Haha, yea no Problem,
It's quite random with the ! thou

MagiRanger: MagiRanger! The roaring color of the earth! Magician of the green! MagiGreen! (lots)
GekiRanger: Tagire! Power of the Beast | Beast on | With daily purification polishing the heart | Honest Heart | GekiYellow (nearly none)
Shinkenger: Shodophone! | Ippitsu Soujou | ShinkenRed! | Shiba Takeru. | The same! Color! | Name! (lots)
Kyouryuuger: The xyz Brave! | KyouryuuColor | The strongest braves in history! | Zyuden Sentai Kyouryuuger (somewhere in between)

And then we have Jyouhger:
Wild Instinct, Awaken! | Monarch of the Skies! | JyouhEagle! | Doubutsu Sentai! | Jyouhger!

So we can see that the ! has always been there to some degree, but honestly, isn't it a bit much in Jyouhger?

Might just be my preference, but I would lose the ! in the Monarch Line as well the one directly after Sentai

Wild Instinct, Awaken! | Monarch of the Skies JyouhEagle! | Doubutsu Sentai Jyouhger!

Reason behind that would be, both the Monarch line as well as the Sentai one fell more like a Nametitle, and we don't go around saying 'Master! Takenoko!' we say 'Master Takenoko!', using the ! both times let's the latter part sound a bit cheaper too, like the first being roared by a Lion and the latter whispered by a Mice, due to the break from the !.
While only having one means it leads up to it and you use the dramatic Pause to inhale and really smash the rest in the Enemies face, so they shit their pants.

Just my 50 cent thou, either way you guys do a bang job!
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

It was a good episode with some good character development, and I'm glad to see new monsters again, and especially someone with an interesting design. :)
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Haha, I guess there is a lot of shouting in Sentai. I personally like the exclamation point for the roll call parts because those parts should have a lot of energy and excitement behind them. Maybe it was cleaner the other way though.
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

"I suppose it's a good thing that our inner thoughts weren't revealed as well, don't you agree?"
Of course he knows something is up, of course Cubal is aware that Genis might know, but it was still a "You done f***ed up".
Great episode, good character development. I was kind of hoping Misao was going to jump in front of the reverse beams and he'd share some interesting inner thought with everyone else.

Anyway, I wanted to add to last episode's thread, when talking about Naria. What's her character path?
Is she going to fall like a normal villain against the Zyuohgers? Will she sacrifice herself for Genis/jump in front of a Finisher? Or will he be that leader to drag her in the way to save himself?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's a Misao is being an autist again and doesn't get any real character development episode.

Good thing Leo is such a chill guy that the monsters effect doesn't do anything to him.
Shipuujin
Infinity
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Shipuujin »

Since it was a Misao episode, I was honestly going in a bit worried. Glad that the episode ended up great! This episode really did show the audience's thoughts on Misao. The reversal MOTW was a creative way to do that. Also found it amusing that they comment that they haven't found a MOTW in awhile as well.

I liked the little detail of Leo not being affected by the reversal. He really does just say what is on his mind, and him being immune was definitely in character.

Finally, the battle choreography was superb this episode. Normally, we see the tag team battles during an episode where two characters are stuck together, but here it was because they had a clever way to counteract the MOTW.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

takenoko wrote:Yeah, I kind of made a big stink about it because I hadn't realized that the effects had no punctuation before. So they were added in now.
Oh ok, I understand. Either way the subs look good so I won't be complaining furthermore about that :D
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita