Jyuohger 34 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:35 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
44%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
17%
☆☆
No votes
6%

Total votes: 18
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Jyuohger 34 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last week's rating: 3.21 / 5 (14 votes)

Mirror fight

Man, what a really good episode. It's a pity the preview gave away Bang Rey's trick last week. Although, it was really obvious when JyuohEagle ran by and had no hat or Jyuoh Whale with him. Even if it was obvious, it was still a really fun mirror fight.

I'm still a little annoyed at Yamato's overpowered, overimportant status. He basically cleans up the four other Jyuohgers, and only has any sort of difficulty against himself. Eagle versus Gorilla was an awesome fight, but I still kind of wish they could have done it in a way that didn't make his companions seem super weak.

Ah, brainwashed Misao. Who knew that I would miss you?

The transition from the different mecha into Wild TousaiKing was surprisingly good.

Good cliffhanger. Let's see how the Jyuohgers function without their overpowered leader saving their asses every time.

The only thing I really didn't like about this episode was Cubal revealing himself. It didn't make any sense for him to do that, and just came off as a dumb cartoon villain move.

Huh, is this a continuity error? Bang Rey and Cubal reveal themselves to Yamato. But then Misao refers to Yamato as a Cubal creation, but he's not in the same place as Bang Rey and Cubal. Then the rest of the Jyuohgers act like they know about Cubal as well. And they're definitely not in the same place.

Last week faltered a bit, but it's good to see the series of stronger episodes is still going. This was definitely a 5 for me.

Preview:
Spoiler
Way to shove the new mech in your face. It's the first thing you see and they linger on it!
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Jyuohger 34 released

Post by PHurricane »

Cube Whale throwing a tantrum was cute, but putting him on a leash was hilarious.

At first, I thought they were using a lego model of Cube Whale as the fake, but I guess it was just the toy. Now that I’m thinking of it, a lego line for the Cube Animals would be so much fun to build.

I groaned when I heard the explanation for why they wore the animal headpieces. Did they not remember that Bang Rey has read their memories through their helmets? I guess it kind of worked since Bang Rey didn’t even try to read them, but I feel bad for the suit actors having to fight with them on.

On the other hand, Bang Rey’s plan of duplicating everyone and and deploying the memory-versions once they were split up to sow confusion was pretty brilliant. Probably the best use of his powers so far.

Honestly, Yamato should have popped his wings and flew the coop as soon as he saw he was outnumbered 7 to 1. He did better than I expected, but the odds were stacked against him pretty badly. Numbers-wise, everyone else had a fighting chance against their opponents.

As for the Cubal reveal...I took it to mean that everyone came to the same conclusion around the time Cubal was physically revealing himself to Yamato, partly in thanks to the fight in the opening sequence when none of the heroes could have been the source for the giant Deathgaliens. I feel like there was at least one other time that Bang Rey and Cubal openly worked together that would make that jump in logic make sense, but I might be misremembering.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

At first I thought the Red memory clone was actually the mysterious Birdman. He can transform since he has a Mark of the King. That would've raised some interesting questions about his goals. Instead we got a dramatic setup for the big debut of the final mecha form in the next episode.

I liked that that the JyohGorilla clone used the Eagriser to swing around like Tarzan.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Huh. So that makes it how many episodes since we last saw Larry and Birdman? We know his name at this point, but it's been so long that I've already forgotten it.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

Bado

and i think this is time number 3 for Trumpass costume. its nice when the baddies line p for a direct hit.
and for a twist since we re-used enough MOTW were used jyuohers! in a semi good plan turned right around one them! i kinda of like the idea and wonder why they didnt do it sooner?
the team logo having those animal hats too was a silly touch.
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

midorininger wrote:and for a twist since we re-used enough MOTW were used jyuohers!
Not to mentions locations. How often has stuff gone down now under that overpass, or in front of that specific cliff?
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I wished that the Jyuohgers should have realized earlier that they were encountering Bang Ray doubles of themselves when the doubles didn't have the headpieces on them. They didn't doubt the doubles at all until the doubles attacked them which makes them dumber than usual especially Amu and Tusk.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Hopefully this arc is the end of Bang Ray. After a promising intro, turns out he was just Cube Whale plot bait and hasn't really done anything cool.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

no bang ray is also setting up a cubal story arc. which should get the series back on track.

as for not noticing the missing animal heads. it could be assumed that they fell off during combat. but yeah i wondered that as soon as i saw them.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

That was a very enjoyable episode. This series has struggled with character episodes, but when they spend time to move the plot forward it's rewarding.

That said, I'm ready to be done with Bang Ray. Catastrophe's not wrong in that Ray has mainly been used as a plot device to push the story forward and get us to (and through) Cube Whale. He's not actually very interesting on his own. Furthermore his appearances are used to skimp out on new MOTWs, and at this point we've had an excessive number of weeks where a MOTW gets reused. Since everything about this episode screams "end of a plot arc," hopefully he goes out with a Bang.

Also, the evil Jyuohger roll call was hilarious.:lol:
PHurricane wrote:Cube Whale throwing a tantrum was cute, but putting him on a leash was hilarious.
Agreed. A cage or a fish bowl would have been funny, but a leash is probably the most hilarious way they could contain Cube Whale, since it's so obviously the wrong tool for holding a whale.
takenoko wrote:Huh. So that makes it how many episodes since we last saw Larry and Birdman? We know his name at this point, but it's been so long that I've already forgotten it.
Nearly 10 episodes, and that way just a brief glimpse at the end. The show's season-long arc has been one big disappointment so far. I feel like it's been a good 20 episodes since Birdman has really done anything of importance.
midorininger wrote:and i think this is time number 3 for Trumpass costume. its nice when the baddies line p for a direct hit.
That poor Trumpass costume. It was already in bad shape, and now they're really beating it up. I did however like all 3 revived MOTWs getting skewered at once; the episode set that up and then delivered on it perfectly.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

midorininger wrote:and i think this is time number 3 for Trumpass costume. its nice when the baddies line p for a direct hit.
That poor Trumpass costume. It was already in bad shape, and now they're really beating it up. I did however like all 3 revived MOTWs getting skewered at once; the episode set that up and then delivered on it perfectly.[/quote]

Not only just "third time"; the first appearance lasted for 2 episodes. What's with Trumpass anyway that producers keep on re-using the suit even if it's in tatters already?
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

It was a pretty good episode which will lead up to the end of Bang Rey's arc. Though I did think it was weird that they didn't notice the fakes were missing their animal hats.

Press "F" to pay respect for the Trumpass costume.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

The only good part is the brainwashed Misao appearance... and maybe the whale-on-leash.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

njb wrote:
That poor Trumpass costume. It was already in bad shape, and now they're really beating it up. I did however like all 3 revived MOTWs getting skewered at once; the episode set that up and then delivered on it perfectly.
Not only just "third time"; the first appearance lasted for 2 episodes. What's with Trumpass anyway that producers keep on re-using the suit even if it's in tatters already?[/quote]

maybe trump cards are more popular than we think?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Eh, I doubt it. Ninninger reused that clock youkai a ton of times and Go-onger did the same with Hirachimedes, it's just a money-saving chance for them.

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”