Jyuohger 35 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:56 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
75%
☆☆☆☆
8%
☆☆☆
8%
☆☆
8%
No votes

Total votes: 24
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Re: Jyuohger 35 released

Post by resop2 »

Here is (an admittedly stupid) idea to further the Sailor Moon R analogy and give Naria a better fate than Insaan of Gokaigers and Tayu of Shinkengers: Naria is actually a time traveler and is a descendant of Yamoto who lives on a distant planet. She has come back in time to warn Yamoto that unless they kill Ginis in a specific way Ginis will be able to reincarnate in the future as Neo-Ginis and continue his ways. However, when Naria goes back in time Ginis was able to capture her (on the way from her planet to earth) and brainwash her. (This would make Naria correspond to Dark Lady/Chiba Usa.) Naria starts regaining her memories after being injured in a fight with the Jyuohgers but Ginis, because he is just that twisted, ignores this thinking that it would be fun to have subordinates who want to kill him. Naria eventually remembers the message and gives it to Yamoto. Naria is blasted by Genis and nearly dies but is revived when the three Jyuohmens from Michi's mind lend Naria their power. Knowing Ginis's secret, the Jyuohgers give Ginis final death.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

DaVinci030 wrote:
mholden020 wrote:I was really baffled at how cubes 1-10 became "dodeka-oh" instead of "deka-oh", but then I realized there were two "!" cubes so it's all good now. :D
Actually, there are 10 cubes and 4 weapons, making the biggest combination of the whole Super Sentai Series. Go-Onger's Engine-O G12 is the second.

JYUOH CUBES CLUSTERF**KS!!!
Did you forget about G-20?
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

I don't see Engine-O "G20" clusterf**ks.

resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Instead of Paa-on for elephant I have seen Zo-san used:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaEO76PJoyM at 1:02 ...
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I'm a bit surprised the new mecha can actually walk. We've had our cluster-robos before, but this one is unique in how impractical the legs are. "Tall guy on stilts" really isn't far off; you can see that the suit actor's foot is on top of the bottom cube, so he's walking on a cube. How the heck he avoids falling over is beyond me, as there's no way to balance yourself like that.

Otherwise it was a by-the-numbers episode, but it was well executed. And I'm very, very glad to be rid of Bang Ray. The character has just been one big distraction.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I was thinking about this a bit more, and how unsatisfying is it that all the blocks just become pants for the torso mecha? It reminds me of the robots I built out Legos as a kid.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

What a mouthful of a mecha name, though. Wild Tousai Dodeka King? Come on, guys, at least make a new name instead of just jamming all the previous ones together in a huge cluster.

It's weird just how ugly the combined mecha have been in this series. All the cubes themselves are awesome, but I think King and Wild Tousai King are the only remotely nice-looking combis. I think they really hamstrung themselves with the cube theme, in a lot of ways.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:I was thinking about this a bit more, and how unsatisfying is it that all the blocks just become pants for the torso mecha? It reminds me of the robots I built out Legos as a kid.
Hey now, not all of the cubes. #9 is the back. :P

Though in all seriousness, it may still be better than the particularly absurd tradition of just stacking mecha on the shoulders. And it's definitely better than TOQ Rainbow.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

That ultrazord was... well, yeah.

It feels like it's been a while since I last saw those grunts.

And goodbye, Bangrey. You were a total asshat, but you were one of the few interesting part of this series.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
Roz JC
Infinity
Favorite series: KR Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: State of Spiritual Nothingness Makes Even Fire Itself Cool

Post by Roz JC »

dancercotillion wrote:What a mouthful of a mecha name, though. Wild Tousai Dodeka King? Come on, guys, at least make a new name instead of just jamming all the previous ones together in a huge cluster.
Glad I'm not the only one that thought this.

I had to rewind it just to make sure I heard the name right...

Surprised they didn't throw in "Jyuoh" for good measure.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Maybe they're waiting one or two more mechas to call it JyuHaoh.

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”