Jyuohger 35 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:56 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
75%
☆☆☆☆
8%
☆☆☆
8%
☆☆
8%
No votes

Total votes: 24
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Jyuohger 35 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last week's rating: 4.2 / 5 (15 votes)

Bang Rey Dies at the Dawn

Yeah, we all saw this coming. And the execution was fine. I like Yamato in general, but feel like his real emotional acting isn't too strong. So when his friends "died", I didn't really buy that scene, but that was made up for at the end with the group hug and everything.

Otherwise it's pretty by the numbers. They kill the boring grunts. Then we have a good fight with Bang Rey, before he's knocked away to get betrayed by Cubal (he took his hand, how awesome. Do you guys think Cubal will start creating memory monsters using just Bang Rey's hand?) then Bang Rey becomes hooked on both hands, and we get a new mecha.

The new mecha, looks good? Well, it does if you don't look at it too closely. I like the design of the head, chest, and shoulders, it gives me a real Takara-Tomy Transformers vibe for some reason. But then I look down and see his tools hands and the most uncomfortable looking pants. Honestly, it didn't really bother me that much until the finisher showed he was on a tower of block legs, like he was a tall man on stilts. But hey, racking up a combo to get to 100 points? That's cool.

And yeah, the real emotional hook is the end scene where Yamato and his friends reaffirm their bonds of friendship. I like tokusatsu because of the action scenes and the attractive young actors and the special effects, but at the end of the day, you got to make me feel something. That's why this episode won a 5 out of 5 from me.

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm honestly surprised we didn't get a toy commercial that showed the full combination robo before this episode. It's not like seeing the full robo would ruin me for spoiler reasons, but I appreciate the effort in seeing the robo in the episode first, before seeing it in other places. (If the robo showed up in the commercials for last week's episode and we just didn't sub it, forget I said this part)

Next week is
Spoiler
a Halloween episode? Awesome!
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Jyuohger 35 released

Post by PHurricane »

It’s rare for sentai to be able to surprise me, but I really had no idea how they avoided Cubal’s blast from space until they explained it. Clever.

I liked that Misao didn’t throw down his changer at first because technically that wasn’t what Bang Rey was holding.

Kinda interesting that they’re now using the cannon as a team attack. The ridiculous power it shoots doesn’t bother me quite as much when it’s being powered by six people instead of just Yamato.

I know the line about being a “pack” has been part of the series since the first episode, but I wish they had brought that up before this episode when they’ve been blathering on about their connections. I think it resonated much better when couched in those terms.

Oh yeah, new mecha. It’s...big? This may be blasphemous, but I usually don’t care all that much for the mecha battle part of sentai.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

I loved how Yamato took some time to realise they were alive - he didn't immediately snap into his senses. Also loved the scene at the end. I think Yamato is a good Red and I'm glad we get to see more of his emotional side. They are actually all lovely characters.

I really liked how they brought up all the instances from past episodes, such as yamato's mum being cut by Bang Rey - it ties the whole arc together nicely.

Like you Hurricane I couldn't figure out how they had escaped the beam but Mogura made perfect sense.

I was genuinely surprised by how everyone attacked Bang Rey - I thought it was going to be a boring 1 vs. 1 with Whale.

I like the mecha and its finisher is cool. Hyakujuu Sentai anyone?!

Cubal seems to be stepping up his game and cutting Bang Rey's hand took me by surprise. Lost lightsaber?!

5/5
Behold the Emperor!
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Nice episode, but Toei, please. You know better than to reference Empire Strikes Back... Cubal grabbing Rey's mind-reader hand might be a smart move. He can just scan his allies to confirm his vendetta against Genis.

And for the love of Zod, where the hell's Bird!Kaixa?!
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

So we got through a pretty good arc, well handled and all with feels.
Spoiler
Now we go into a few light hearted episodes before things pick back up, eh? Starting off with a Halloween one, but not focused on the three spirits inside Micchan?
Is this Azuald's idea that he brought up in 34? Kind of interesting, if so.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The effect when the blast from the ship hits the Jyuhogers is horrible. It's almost as bad as Weather Dopants cut to explosion.

Also, the Jyuhogers appear to disintegrate Bang Rey with that initial finisher but then he's obviously okay to use the continue.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

Slowking wrote:I loved how Yamato took some time to realise they were alive - he didn't immediately snap into his senses. Also loved the scene at the end. I think Yamato is a good Red and I'm glad we get to see more of his emotional side. They are actually all lovely characters.

I really liked how they brought up all the instances from past episodes, such as yamato's mum being cut by Bang Rey - it ties the whole arc together nicely.

Like you Hurricane I couldn't figure out how they had escaped the beam but Mogura made perfect sense.

I was genuinely surprised by how everyone attacked Bang Rey - I thought it was going to be a boring 1 vs. 1 with Whale.

I like the mecha and its finisher is cool. Hyakujuu Sentai anyone?!

Cubal seems to be stepping up his game and cutting Bang Rey's hand took me by surprise. Lost lightsaber?!

5/5
yeah that finisher really made me think of gaoranger. but thats okay! GAO! pounce and roar! GAO! howl and fight!

if you look carefully, the beam clearly doesnt hit them. so i was waiting to hear that he missed, but i like the way they went better!

when yamato pumped the whale super soaker for the jyuoh final ... he pumped it a bunch of times and i was like, 3 pumps is enough to hit the moon, he did like 5 or 6. whats he trying to destroy the earth? but hey its a team cannon now.

so no one wants to say how tousai wild dodeka king is a big cluster f***? i mean sure its power is cool summoning all those cube animals, but jeebus! its only savior design wise was the way the legs worked for the stream attack. then it made sense. and it worked. Dekabase robot is still favs for OP giant sentai mecha and i wish cube whale was akin to that.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

I was really baffled at how cubes 1-10 became "dodeka-oh" instead of "deka-oh", but then I realized there were two "!" cubes so it's all good now. :D Normally I'm interested to see the MEGAMECHA because I've always been impressed how the group that designs these things for the show manages to take 10 or so tiny robots and makes them combine into a giant robot in multiple ways. Here...not so much. It was literally two stacks of cubes with the big cube on top. Come on guys...you're smarter than that.

Besides that, I loved this episode. It was so good, in my opinion, that Misao's antics didn't drag it down. Cubal was a bit savage towards Bangrey but he probably had it coming. I was starting to get worried that we weren't going to pull up from the Summer Slump, but if they keep this up it could be a very entertaining run to the finale. This episode could have been a good series finale on its own, so they've set the bar rather high and I'm looking forward to it!
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

mholden020 wrote:I was really baffled at how cubes 1-10 became "dodeka-oh" instead of "deka-oh", but then I realized there were two "!" cubes so it's all good now. :D
Actually, there are 10 cubes and 4 weapons, making the biggest combination of the whole Super Sentai Series (same as TOQ Rainbow?). Go-Onger's Engine-O G12 is the second.

JYUOH CUBES CLUSTERF**KS!!!

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

mholden020 wrote:I was really baffled at how cubes 1-10 became "dodeka-oh" instead of "deka-oh", but then I realized there were two "!" cubes so it's all good now.
LOL, Deka is just short for dekai/huge in Japanese. And "do" just means "very"
RyuShinEX
Go Go!

Post by RyuShinEX »

Draccy wrote:So we got through a pretty good arc, well handled and all with feels.
Spoiler
Now we go into a few light hearted episodes before things pick back up, eh? Starting off with a Halloween one, but not focused on the three spirits inside Micchan?
Is this Azuald's idea that he brought up in 34? Kind of interesting, if so.
Spoiler
i wish they would do the 3 spirits in micchan. Miss them so much.

now we're reaching the end game soon, please give us back the bird guy toei!
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher

Post by mholden020 »

takenoko wrote:
mholden020 wrote:I was really baffled at how cubes 1-10 became "dodeka-oh" instead of "deka-oh", but then I realized there were two "!" cubes so it's all good now.
But "dodeca-" is 12, as in "dodecahedron", a 12-sided object. They only have ten numbered cubes, thus the confusion.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

mholden020 wrote:
takenoko wrote:
But "dodeca-" is 12, as in "dodecahedron", a 12-sided object. They only have ten numbered cubes, thus the confusion.
Same here haha.

This episode is begging for a 6/5. Wow, just wow.

I have no words. Cubal is becoming even more interesting now. Totally did not expect that coming.

Bang Rey is so powerful their final mecha had to use two finishers :lol:
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

This was a very good episode. The fight against Bang Rey where they all went at him and finished with what is now the team canon, and the mecha fight was excellent too and I thought new combination looked cool (especially the head).
But I can see how some could see it as someone wearing very long and uncomfortable pants. XD

I wonder what Cubal is planning now, but I guess we'll have to wait a while for that.

And that ending, oh the feels. :')

5/5
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I also wish that the convention that every MOTW blows up to giant size so that the promotional tie in robot can waste them would go away, but it's probably linked to the profitability of the franchise and probably in their contract in providing footage to power rangers so it will not go away.

Good end to the Bang Rey arc. However, they are probably out of ideas for MOTW which is why the mind reading gimmick was preserved so they don't have to come up with any new monsters.

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”