Jyuohger 37 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:53 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
13%
☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆
33%
☆☆
7%
7%

Total votes: 15
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Jyuohger 37 released

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

DaVinci030 wrote:
Hoshinger wrote:...because I hate the long waits?
Well, duh! Whether it's long or not, you need to be more patient when it comes to releasing.
He's talking about Toei taking a while to put it on hone release, not the fansub one; I never really got the point much either, it's not like 6 months is gonna magically enhance the story or whatever...
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

I know that.

Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
DaVinci030 wrote:Well, duh! Whether it's long or not, you need to be more patient when it comes to releasing.
He's talking about Toei taking a while to put it on hone release, not the fansub one; I never really got the point much either, it's not like 6 months is gonna magically enhance the story or whatever...
Thank you. As much as the movies are advertised at the end of some of the episodes, you'd think the film would go straight to home video.
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

resop2 wrote:I think a lot of episodes have revolved around the inner senshi, oops jyuomens either individually or in pairs. Maybe Yamoto is annoying so episodes that he is the center for stick out in your memory more?

A random thought: what if Super Sentai was marketed to girls instead of guys? I think the following would be true:

* The typical team would be three girls and two guys (with the guys being based on boy band cliches)

* Every sentai member would get a color that had never been used before. There could still be "red" rangers, but they would be different shades of red.

* Most of the boy rangers would be have as a color some variation of one of two primary colors (like regular girl sentai are usually pink or yellow).

* The boy rangers would have a plot reason why they didn't fall instantly in love with the girl rangers.
You mentioned inner senshi there, well Sailor Moon is essentially a girl marketed Sentai - five girls and one boy (Tuxedo Mask) to the team. And the boy is the main girl's love interest. All of their additional members are more girls. Precure works similarly, except they don't even have one male on the team.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Hoshinger wrote:
Go-On Macaroni wrote:
Thank you. As much as the movies are advertised at the end of some of the episodes, you'd think the film would go straight to home video.
Agreed. There doesn't seem to be a good reason to hold back, given that they're so closely tied to a weekly series. Especially when major Hollywood films are already out on Blu-Ray these days in a shorter period of time than these movies.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Digifiend wrote:You mentioned inner senshi there, well Sailor Moon is essentially a girl marketed Sentai - five girls and one boy (Tuxedo Mask) to the team. And the boy is the main girl's love interest. All of their additional members are more girls. Precure works similarly, except they don't even have one male on the team.
Two boys if you count Artemis. However, neither Tuxedo Kamen or Artimus were Sailor Senshi.

The thing is that Super Sentai always(?) has both boys and girls on the team contributing equally, but is aimed at boys because the red ranger (boss) is almost always a boy (and there is also that strange giant mecha thing going on). I was wondering what was the minimal amount you would have to change Super Sentai if they decided to do a "girls" version of it. I would think: female red, hunky boy members who are more interested in their hobbies/special skills than girls, more elaborate henshin scenes (with lots of inexplicable flowers), and monsters than can only be killed with teamwork (2 or all) strikes.

Maybe the first team could be the Pastel Rangers (Pastelgers)? (w)
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

Finally the bird guy here, I've forgotten about him.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki

Post by Jehal »

resop2 wrote:I was wondering what was the minimal amount you would have to change Super Sentai if they decided to do a "girls" version of it. I would think: female red, hunky boy members who are more interested in their hobbies/special skills than girls, more elaborate henshin scenes (with lots of inexplicable flowers), and monsters than can only be killed with teamwork (2 or all) strikes.

Maybe the first team could be the Pastel Rangers (Pastelgers)? (w)
You wouldn't really have to change a lot in terms of the sentai formula. Just swap the gender ratio. I don't even think there'd be more elaborate henshin scenes. If it was meant to be a parody, like Akibaranger, then there'd be more eye-candy moments, but if they were trying to take it seriously I'd expect the female red to be more like Kaoru.
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger
Dareon
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Dreamy: Escape
Quote: Now, Count up your sins.

Post by Dareon »

No one is going to mention how Jyuoh Octopus shoots takoyaki as one of its attacks?! That was hilarious and awesome. Also....I really wish this episode of Misao getting his crap together and doing something without being tricked by his fellow sentai members would have happened much earlier.

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”