Jyuohger 38 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:13 am

☆☆☆☆☆
63%
☆☆☆☆
13%
☆☆☆
19%
☆☆
6%
No votes

Total votes: 16
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Jyuohger 38 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last week's rating: 3.63 / 5 (11 votes)

Alt title: Partial backstory revealed episode

So what's the twist? Is the guy who died Yamato's dad?

I guess we're supposed to feed Bado's regret and tragedy over the death of his human friend... but Komura Junko seems to fail at ever writing a story that evokes human emotion. I'm starting to suspect that she's a robot. I mean, her writing isn't terrible, but it's always just competent. It's never great and it never makes you feel anything.

I think we all suspected that the big reveal on the monster was that he was cloning/reviving his brother all this time, and the trick is to defeat both brothers at the same time.

Why did they introduce Cube Octopus after their "All combination" combination. He didn't even appear in this episode.

For a big episode where there's revelations and Bado is partially moved by Yamato to join them in battle... it's surprisingly unentertaining. Straight 3 out of 5 for me. Man do I miss Kobayashi's writing.

Edit:
Does anyone remember if they asked Larry about Bado in a previous episode? It seems strange that Larry would keep this information to himself till now.

Man, Genis has spent like half the series teasing that he knows Cubal is trying to betray him with his lines that apply to both the current situation and Cubal.
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Re: Jyuohger 38 released

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

Thank you for releasing the episode today. Great Thanksgiving treat.
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

Now this was worth the wait because I've wanted to see how well Bardo fought after being in the human world for so long. He seemed to be up their with Yamato and his riser skills were cool. I did figure out how the monster was coming back to life, but I thought there would be some energy that leaves on brother and goes into the other to prevent loss of power. I hope we get to see more of this full team because it could force Genis to do something drastic with the Cube Whale data.
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

takenoko wrote:< Previous ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last week's rating: 3.63 / 5 (11 votes)

Alt title: Partial backstory revealed episode

So what's the twist? Is the guy who died Yamato's dad?

I guess we're supposed to feed Bado's regret and tragedy over the death of his human friend... but Komura Junko seems to fail at ever writing a story that evokes human emotion. I'm starting to suspect that she's a robot. I mean, her writing isn't terrible, but it's always just competent. It's never great and it never makes you feel anything.

I think we all suspected that the big reveal on the monster was that he was cloning/reviving his brother all this time, and the trick is to defeat both brothers at the same time.

Why did they introduce Cube Octopus after their "All combination" combination. He didn't even appear in this episode.

For a big episode where there's revelations and Bado is partially moved by Yamato to join them in battle... it's surprisingly unentertaining. Straight 3 out of 5 for me. Man do I miss Kobayashi's writing.

Edit:
Does anyone remember if they asked Larry about Bado in a previous episode? It seems strange that Larry would keep this information to himself till now.

Man, Genis has spent like half the series teasing that he knows Cubal is trying to betray him with his lines that apply to both the current situation and Cubal.
Cube Octopus was featured as part of the 100 animal finisher. I guess the writers wanted to show all the animals that could be created from cubes. There are others listed on the Wiki, but they're just repaints of the existing ones. Happy Thanksgiving and it was funny to show JyuoBird with a caption of today's holiday.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

But I don't see Cube Octopus when doing Jyuoh Dodeka Dynamite Stream. Maybe he's hidden as part of 100 animals or not.

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Bado with his phone pose brings back some good memories.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

loved it, especially that aerial combat portion.

but! are we sure that human died? hmm? after all we do see him fall but ... im wondering if that human was yamato's dad. remember Bado says to Yamato that he sounds like someone.
nice twist he was a former guardian. liked that. i also like that the subplots are coming together again.

Spoiler
next week! the tsundere smiles!
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Pretty good episode for me: The strength of Usagi's (Yamoto) heart causes Tuxedo Kamen (Baado) to see the light and fight with the Sailor Senshi.

Spoiler
Next week, Rei (Sela) gets a boyfriend ...

As for a Super Sentai aimed at girls, if it was going to be a parody sentai then I think I have the winning formula (sort of a play on the AkibaRangers):

Boys-Love Sentai Ikebukurogers

The sentai are one girl (red) and four boys, all bishonen (think Ouran High School Host Club, or parts of Kabuto (w)). They fight against the Fujoshin (with the kanji 婦女子 that means respectable woman rather than 腐女子 that colloquially means yaoi fan girl) who seek to change all bishonen into respectable guys. Red is kind of oblivious to what is going on as when she sees a yaoi poster she just sees two guys hanging out and cannot read the subtext. She was originally dragged to Otome Row in Ikebukuro as a prank by her friends where she is discovered by a doujin writer who has the magical power to bring his characters to life who recruits her to be a heroine. The sixth ranger is a yaoi fangirl who cannot believe how naive red is and would be the strongest Ikebukuroger if she didn't bleed out from the nose every time the boy rangers henshin.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

That twin birds battle was impressive.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Well pretty much everyone was expecting the defeat both at same thing I guess the characters on brothers head not changing but having only two different one was a big clue too.

The aerial battle was amazing.

Another interesting part was Bang Rey tried to cut Yamato's connections so many times to make him despair yet just one sentence from Bado almost accomplished it in one go :P If Bang Rey was still around it would be interesting.

Not sure if the dead guy was Yamato's dad but it feels not right for some reason. I think Bado met with his parents after he ran away from Jyuuland and he was probably chased. Yamato's parents probably found him injured and helped him to regain some strength while having a heart to heart talk. The accident that killed Yamato's parents might be happened because of Bado's chasers which would tip the scale for Bado and he decided to cut of two worlds connections and with sense of guilt he decided to look after Yamato. Ofcourse this is just speculation and I usually wrong about these so take this with a grain of salt.

Overall it was interesting episode with some reveal and interesting combat 5 from me.
notjessica
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by notjessica »

Most of the episode was really good for me, but I found the final mech battle to be super anticlimactic. "Oh, did we forget to mention the Ultimate Robo can shoot two Dodeka Dynamite Streams at once?" They totally missed the chance to do something more interesting, like forcing the Jyuohgers to use Wild Tosai King + Dodekaioh. Or (not that I know if it's possible based on the movie storyline) even something like Yamato in Jyuoh King Octopus and Bado in CondorWild, and re-enact the aerial battle on a bigger scale.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

hmm ... i was hoping Bado would be in a mecha battle but yeah he doesnt need to. and YES! the split beam was kind of like ... what? however they made it soulnd like 2 sets of 3 handled the direction it went in. i WAS expecting the count to stop at 50 on each side though but they both hit 100, effectively making it 200. so they surpassed themselves?

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”