Jyuohger 39 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:47 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
13%
☆☆☆☆
20%
☆☆☆
53%
☆☆
7%
7%

Total votes: 15
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Jyuohger 39 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last week's rating: 4.4 / 5 (15 votes)

Alt title: A memory has a character arc

I guess this was a Sela episode?

I feel like I don't have anything to say about the episode. I liked Uncle's cow costume and his udder joke. Didn't he dress as a cow before?

And I did like the version of the main theme that they used in this episode.

But yeah, not much to say about the episode. I don't really feel like Sela learned anything or did anything interesting. I wonder if it's a case that they haven't been working on her character, so they have literally nothing for her to do. Amu at least was kind of funny when she took the necklace and promptly dropped the guy hitting on them. It's not even her episode! A vanilla 3 out of 5. Nothing's wrong with it, but you wouldn't brag to anyone about having vanilla ice cream.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Jyuohger 39 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

For the love of Zod, Toei, WHY do you have to remind me that I have to watch what I eat?! Whatever.

Hey, isn't the Casanova from this episode Hiroaki Iwanaga-san? Or someone who looks like him?
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

This episode fell kinda flat for me. Nothing was terrible, but it wasn’t really good either. It feels like the writers still don’t know what they want to do with Sela - pretty sad considering the series is almost over. However, it was the rest of the team being so against Sela talking with a guy and eventually going on a date that struck me as out of character.

Kind of odd that the d button color this week was green. Usually they coordinate that to match the character that’s being focused on in the episode unless it’s Amu or Misao, since they don’t have corresponding buttons.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Hahaha. Date taking girls out on Dates.

I like the bit where Cubal was testing the memory powers though. Rest of the episode was kind of lame.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

the only reason i gave this ep a 4 was the cubal. the foreshadowing.

after last week i wouldnt have minded filler, especially on sera, but this wasnt good filler. like what of her rivalry with Leon? THAT would have been better. and at this stage of sentai, normally they focus on combi eps this far in.

we have 11 to 13 episodes left. 2-3 of which will go towards new years/x mas. and maybe 1 towards reusing the movie mecha somehow. but thats a maybe. sorry dinomaru i thought you were cool!

but 1000x the calories of the normal version? wouldnt that have killed the person or instantly made them vommit?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

They wouldn't get fat instantly but would definitely have some digestion problems for a while.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Lol when the team found out Sela was seeing an adult. That was probably the most memorable thing for me. Reminded me that they are supposed to be young. I guess teenagers. Yikes. I feel old at times.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

PHurricane wrote:Kind of odd that the d button color this week was green. Usually they coordinate that to match the character that’s being focused on in the episode unless it’s Amu or Misao, since they don’t have corresponding buttons.
It is almost always the color of the person who introduces the contest which was Tusk this time.

One loose end of the episode: The ladies man was a memory of the random female that Cubal knocked out for experimentation. This means that the original guy the memory was based on may still be alive but would have no idea who Sela was. It would be pretty crushing to Sela's ego if she met the original guy and he totally blew her off.

To me, this episode was about the same as Tusk's adventure with the little girl who thought he was a prince. And, in both cases Amu steals the show since she is just that awesome.
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

Sadly nothing special with this episode. Not bad, but nothing special. SO it only gets a 3/5 stars from me.
Not to say that there weren't any funny parts, like for example Mario's cow costume and how Misao was the first one to drink the milk while the others were reluctant to even try it. And that the monster also resembles Quina from Final Fantasy IX (not sure if that was just a coincidence or not).
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
Vashiev20
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: DekaYellow
Favorite Band: One ok rock
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Dont touch my taco, Im gonna touch your taco
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Vashiev20 »

Honestly the best thing in the episode to me was Cubal testing the memory power. That and the fact that Sela's suit actor is amazing, conveying the "smile" when the swindler gave her the necklace, other than that kinda lackluster
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

Mayo Shower? Your guest star is Iwanaga, not Nagase. C'mon Toei.
Anyway, solid 3 episode for sure. You'd think Cubal would have ran tests already.
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

This episode was alright. It was nice to Sela to be the center of someone's attention, but I thought Kubar's sneaking around was more important.

I was more interested in the preview of the VS movie. I've had a problem with these because every time they introduce the next Sentai, they seem more powerful than what happens in the first few episodes. When the Jyuohgers were introduced they took down a powerful Yokai with minimal effort, but struggled with their own villains. I also find the timing to be bad because if the continuity say that the new Sentai arrives in the 40's then why aren't they mentioned in the new or recognize the other Sentai in the VS special.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

Without Kubar there this would've been a lot worse.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Do Not Watch Power Rangers Anymore

Post by Hoshinger »

Super Sentai can have its bad moments and for the past few years the glory has left Japan. I still watch everything from Go-Busters to ToQger and find them to be undervalued, but Ninninger was campier that Batman from the 60's...or that's what I used to think. Now Ninninger is second.

The most recent adaptation of Super Sentai into Power Rangers was a disaster in the final episodes because they always talked about elements from Go-Busters in the series and their was only one. The sole element from Go-Busters was one of the villains from the VS movie that was with the Kyoryugers and the villain was alright. For those who haven't watched the series, look it up on the Wiki only and you'll find that everything just didn't hold well together. I fear the same level of unfaithful adaptation will be for Ninja Steel and I'm sure that the series will be a bomb like its source.

The biggest problem came at the end because the rangers went back in time, using magic stones, to prevent the space pirates from attacking Earth, but the rangers created too many paradoxes. The infamous asteroid that killed the dinosaurs didn't happen and this means that the rangers never existed because the villains died instead. The show ends up showing that dinosaurs were still around, but science proves that dinosaurs died of other things later. Even if the fossils were found, the stones didn't have to be bound to anything on Earth and thus no rangers. Another problem with the time traveling was that on villain became good and his evil version was still on the ship that crashed into the sun. This was poor planning and I hope that someone from Japan will take over Saban to fix the awfulness American viewers had to suffer from. Maybe Marvel will come back into the picture.

Let me know what you guys think because I like talking to new people and want to here how others have endured.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Do Not Watch Power Rangers Anymore

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Hoshinger wrote:The most recent adaptation of Super Sentai into Power Rangers was a disaster in the final episodes because they always talked about elements from Go-Busters in the series and their was only one.
No one kept talking about it; there was a comment made and people freaked out so hard over it, they convinced themselves it was fact.
Hoshinger wrote:want to here how others have endured.
I don't think anyone here watches PR so, this might not have been the best place.

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”