Jyuohger 40 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:45 am

☆☆☆☆☆
19%
☆☆☆☆
63%
☆☆☆
13%
☆☆
6%
No votes

Total votes: 16
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Jyuohger 40 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last week's rating: 3.15 / 5 (13 votes)

Alt title: The monster of the day wants to pants you

Also bullies are literal adults.

I thought we'd have this fun thing where Leo goes head to head with this stereotype of a monster for the episode. But I guess we're going to mentor a kid from bullying. Also, don't ever hit anyone, if you're a good guy. Kid's shows.

Man some of the concepts that go behind the Blood Games can be pretty off the rails. So basically, this is the attack of Alien Reality TV.

Also, it was pretty fun to see Naria and Cubal face off, since they're easily the two most interesting characters (which is weird to say, considering how one-tracked Naria can be). Kind of seems like the shot to the head was poor storytelling from a visual point of view. She's obviously knocked out, since Cubal is reaching for her head. But if that's the case, maybe have him shoot her somewhere else or make it obvious that he's using tranqs or something.

Maybe a 4? It's not the best episode, but there's a few fun moments, and Leo's an amusing enough character. Plus, it's cool to see Naria doing some private sleuthing.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Re: Jyuohger 40 released

Post by Arigomi »

Every time Cubal used that flash to knock people out, I'm reminded of the memory wiper from the Men In Black movies.

Naria's gun-chucks seem a bit more practical than sword-chucks.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh yeah, the guy at the beginning is JyuohTheWorld's suit actor.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I figured she can't be dead if he's going for her memories. It's strange though, she isn't really much of a character until this episode so even if she did die I wouldn't care.

Episode was kind of lame. Leo and the monster had some real potential but they just did the kid thing again. Yawn.
kevinlafriday
Infinity

Post by kevinlafriday »

The main story of the episode was indeed not that interesting: a point to teach children about bullying and getting revenge (apparently all kids in Sentai world are always naive).

BUT!
The scene with Cubal and Naria was really interesting, and it wasn't only about the action part. I want to stop myself from speculating whether Naria was dead or not, and focus more on the implication of Cubal taking out Naria from the game. I don't know if I'm expecting too much, but I really want Cubal to make a "copy" of Naria to keep doing "her role" in the game for several episodes to deceive Genis in the end. Seems like the story is pushing into that direction too fast.

But hey, it's episode 40 already haha

I doubt it'd happen tho~
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i hadnt considered him making a naria clone.

i thought the filler over the past weeks had been just that but really its whats going on with cubal thats the real story thats been going on.

im more curious just how much Genis knows of cubals scheming? as audience interaction with the game would be very exciting!

i half though yamato was going to hand the whale gun to leon, but i guess its yamato's supermode only.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I did like in the training montage the Jyuo theme spliced with eye of the tiger.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

The saving grace of this episode is the foreshadowing to what Cubal might be doing soon...

Spoiler
Which I assume is fighting against Genis, based on the preview: all the monsters surrounding Genis seem to be from Cubal
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by redfarmer »

midorininger wrote: i half though yamato was going to hand the whale gun to leon, but i guess its yamato's supermode only.
This does kind of annoy me about the most recent sentai. Super Sentai, as opposed to Kamen Rider, is about to be about the team building and needing all three to seven members of the core team to ultimately win. Yet we haven't had an all-core team power-up since Go-Busters. I do not like this new trend of only giving the sentai red the power-up. Why is red so important that they get it but no one else?
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Maybe I'm just in a good mood, but I liked this episode. It's not a very good Leo focus episode, but as filler it ended up being very entertaining. The kid wasn't annoying, Leo's bravado is always amusing, and somehow even stealing pants seems like such a Sentai thing to do. Leo has to the the butt monkey a lot, so episodes where he gets to be awesome tend to be fun.:)
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

redfarmer wrote:
midorininger wrote: i half though yamato was going to hand the whale gun to leon, but i guess its yamato's supermode only.
This does kind of annoy me about the most recent sentai. Super Sentai, as opposed to Kamen Rider, is about to be about the team building and needing all three to seven members of the core team to ultimately win. Yet we haven't had an all-core team power-up since Go-Busters. I do not like this new trend of only giving the sentai red the power-up. Why is red so important that they get it but no one else?
I agree. It also feels strange... I mean, wouldn't Bandai want power-ups for all of them (because more toys???)

On the other hand, if the power-up has the same look for each member it isn't quite difficult to do too (eg Shinkenger, Goseiger, Toqger) so they could've done that too
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

Again villains saved the episode.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Seems like these has been some bad years for Kamen Rider and Sentai. I wonder when will we get another show like Jetman.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

jetman was unique on to itself and reflected a successful anime, Gatchaman. this is likely why, too, go-busters was so good as it reflected giant robot anime.

as far as the team power up goes ...
well ninninger was able to share Lion ha-oh, only kasume and fuka (techinically) didnt use it. but yeah, it seems who ever has the final say in things is saying only only Red shall have cool power ups!

i was hoping that the jyuman members would be some sort of power up that THEY could use and not yamato when he got gorilla mode. like returning to jyuland and attaining some greater power that only the cube guardians could use. but thats not gonna happen with recent developments

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”