Jyuohger 43 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:33 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
71%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 17
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Jyuohger 43 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last week's rating: 4.22 / 5 (9 votes)

Alt title: Graffiti artist Xmas attack

Huh. That was actually a pretty good episode. So good, that I had to check to see who the writer was.

We had good Jyuman stuff. Misao's character growth from the past episode appears permanent. It didn't overly focus on Yamato.

Plus we had some actual set up for future episodes, and it was entertaining in its own way.

My only complaint is the cars crashing and exploding. I thought we had gotten away from the civilian deaths, since they seem very tonally inappropriate for the rest of the show. Also, the Jyumans revealing themselves to Mario was a bit contrived. Also, why is this a secret again? It doesn't seem like it should matter.

I nearly did a spit take when I heard the sweater was about $74 American. What???

But other than that, 5 out of 5 for Jyuohger. It's a Crimbo miracle
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Re: Jyuohger 43 released

Post by midorininger »

i had to give this episode a 5 because:
-despite xmas story kept moving.
-jyuman selling cookies and being a hit was nice
-that sweater was ugly, how much is 8600yen?
-so a zen monk, a samurai and a clown attack a sentai team and says to the MotW ...

i liked that and also disliked how quickly mario accepted they were a sentai team once seeing them transform.
but more importantly, cube whale went after azauld. bado saw something weird about him too. not im more curious, and am thinking Genis has had some dealings with the jyuman world before. i can deduce this because:
-created theworld, and if i recall used a cube to do so.
-was able to copy cube whales powers quite easily

perhaps he[genis] was the villian the original jyuoh whale fought?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So I'm betting that Cube Whale attacking Azald has something to do with what Bado was talking about in the previous episode. I wonder if the evil that Whale and its previous partner fought ages ago is related to Azald.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

How can it be possible? Tsukino Usagi is really Sailor Moon??

Five for me.
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by redfarmer »

I liked this episode a lot. I like when there's a civilian character completely oblivious to what's going on with the team. It's something I don't think we've seen since Goseiger. The way Mario found out, completely by chance, was so appropriate, given that, for a show where they've been going out of their way to keep secrets, they sure haven't kept their identity as Jyuohers secret and it's a wonder he's taken this long.

That sweater was so ugly. I can't believe it cost as much as it did.

So the people the monster drew the faces on just stood around in place shrieking while the Jyuohgers went to buy an ugly sweater and sell Christmas cakes. Okay then!

I was waiting for Misao to have a breakdown that the sweater wouldn't be from him as well.

Interesting with Cube Whale attacking Azauld immediately after Badu's comments last week. I wish there were more episode to develop whatever they're doing with him further.

Preview:
Spoiler
Leave it to Mario to become a fake Jyuohger! I should have seen that coming!
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

At some point, someone on the production staff must have realized they were using the Star Trek TOS hand-phaser sound for when the MOTW was painting... :lol:
takenoko wrote:Also, the Jyumans revealing themselves to Mario was a bit contrived.
Agreed. That was the one weak point in an otherwise solid episode. They came up with a very convoluted reason for them to be in jyuman form. Seems like it would have been easier for them to come out in that form when they got knocked out of their Jyuohger form...
Also, why is this a secret again? It doesn't seem like it should matter.
The line to experiment on them would be out the door and around the block.
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

I thought it was a pretty good episode. I can't figure which is funnier, the Jyumen using their furry forms to sell the cakes or Yamato's reaction to it. It was heartful too, with Yamato finding out why they were. I liked how they referenced Jesus without ACTUALLY saying the name. Don't know if it's censor thing or not but it worked. My only complaint, as takenoko points out, the monster shaming the Jyumen into their real forms was forced but you can't win them all. Definitely one of the better ones this year. P.S. The sweater seems expensive but that store seems classy enough. (I know JCPenny's can get a little pricey) I'm sure Mario will love it when we see it the week of the 8th.

As for the sub's lateness: no worries. I figured the holidays slowed you do. Better late than never. Definitely can't wait for the Garo subs. :)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Man, I wish people would stop saying Jyumen. It's Humans and it's Jyumans. You don't say Humen to say pluralize humans, right? Not to single you out Monkey, it's just it seems like most people prefer Jyumen, and I don't really get it?

Japan's always weird about how they integrate Christianity. Sometimes it's completely blatant and tone deaf. And then there's times like this where it's super subtle.

I've never heard of an 80 dollar sweater before! Where do people shop?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I mean, it's probably the easiest way to explain Christmas without bringing religion into it.

I have totally seen an 80 dollar sweater in Japan. Granted, they're usually closer to 40.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Japan, you crazy.
zigmenthotep
Adventure
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zigmenthotep »

Characters with depth and a good Christmas episode, what's up with this series?

Preview:
Spoiler
I know I'm not the only one who's wanted to see a Jyuoh Human ever since Yamato said "Humans are animals too!"
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher

Post by mholden020 »

takenoko wrote:Man, I wish people would stop saying Jyumen. It's Humans and it's Jyumans. You don't say Humen to say pluralize humans, right? Not to single you out Monkey, it's just it seems like most people prefer Jyumen, and I don't really get it?
By the same logic, we'd be saying "Womans" instead of Women, "Salesmans" instead of Salesmen, "Firemans" instead of Firemen, or "Mailmans" instead of Mailmen. "Human" is a rare case and doesn't define a rule. Yes, it does seem to be a play on the word Human, however a similar sound doesn't mean it would be the same. For instance, "Roman" becomes "Romans" and "Rowman" becomes "Rowmen". Both sound the same but have different plural forms.

Good episode, 5 of 5, but things don't seem to be running up to an ending at all. It's like we've turned to the runway and we're about to land, but there is no wind and it's going to be a rather calm and uneventful end to the journey. However, Mario has got to be the worst liar ever. Who the hell up and goes to Canada to buy wood?
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>By the same logic, we'd be saying "Womans" instead of Women, "Salesmans" instead of Salesmen, "Firemans" instead of Firemen, or "Mailmans" instead of Mailmen.

I think you're misinterpreting my "logic" though.

All those things are based on the root word "man" though. Can we at least agree that Jyuman is probably based on the word "human"? They're not super heroes, they're not Batman or Superman or Salesman or Fireman. Human and Jyuman are both species categories. So however we use the word "human" should apply to "Jyuman".
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

A really solid episode. I really like the focus on the Jyumans, but I can see how it's contrived of them revealing their identities to Mario. But that detail won't change the fact that this episode gets a 5/5 from me. :D

Also, I don't think Misao would get a breakdown due to the sweater not being from him as well as he already got Mario a gift that he was happy with.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

I loved this episode because you always look forward to the revealed identities. I'm surprised that Mario didn't figure things out sooner or was told by Misao by accident. I think the series that have someone else knowing who the rangers are because there aren't as many secrets, unless they're for comedic purposes. Even if a side character sees on of the rangers change, it's cool if they don't blab the secret. Imagine how easier thing would've been in Kyoryuger if Yuko knew about her brother from seeing a far off henshin or in-henshin.

The next episode's title got me wondering about a translation. I watched Over Time's sub because it was out sooner and the Jyuohgers are called champions and not monarchs and I was wondering why that was. Champion sounds better than monarch because monarchs are rulers and if a ranger was royalty and never let you live it down then that takes away from the other characters. Champion is easier to remember and the Jyuohgers are warriors and not rulers.

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”