Jyuohger 45 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:15 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
64%
☆☆☆☆
14%
☆☆☆
7%
☆☆
14%
No votes

Total votes: 14
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Jyuohger 45 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last week's rating: 2.38/ 5 (13 votes)

Alt title: First we crack the shell, then we crack the nuts inside!

I guess it's kind of cool to learn that Azauld it's a creature from the Earth (or maybe he is, I forget Ketus' backstory) but rather the Earth's power is a suit that exists to restrain him. You'd think the regenerating suit would have also acted as an armor too, but maybe that wouldn't make sense. It kind of makes you wonder if they can suck up Azauld's old grape outer shell to power themselves up.

It makes me like Azauld's design more, since we see parts of him sticking out of the cube stuff on his body. I also like the implication that stuff on Earth naturally forms a cube shape.

Nice job with Amu being observant. I'll give it a 4. Relatively entertaining and pretty good with the revelations. Now if we only knew why Bado was in front of Kazakiri's home.

Everyone shut up for a second and listen to Larry's explanation about Bado.
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: Jyuohger 45 released

Post by ViRGE »

I want to like this episode more than I actually do. After all, it has a major villain reveal, we now know how TheWorld's powers were made, and there were all sorts of pyrotechnics (so you know it was important!).

But I can't. It's an Azauld focused episode, and that's a major drag on this episode. This series on the whole has had a weak villain lineup, and of those villains Azauld is the worst. For the last 44 episodes he has been this violent blockhead that does little other than fight the Jyuohgers and get snippy when it isn't his turn to wreak havoc.

Finding out he's the great evil that was sealed in the past is neat from an overall story perspective, but it doesn't do anything for his character. It means the previous 44 episodes have by and large been a waste, because that Azauld is now gone.

At this point the series is building up to its conclusion in a few weeks, so we're in the obligatory lackey purge. Which is fine and all, but it's hard to get excited when that lackey is Azauld.

On a happier note, Mario's humor was spot-on this week. I liked both the bit with him trying to do the series' dance, and meeting Larry. It was well timed and not over the top. Also, I'm growing fond of Bird's leitmotif. It's very distinct and very exotic, which works well here.
takenoko wrote:Nice job with Amu being observant. I'll give it a 4. Relatively entertaining and pretty good with the revelations. Now if we only knew why Bado was in front of Kazakiri's home.
Amu really does steal the show (which is not a bad thing). Even though her character doesn't get much in the way of outlandish material, her actress is nailing her subtleties.
Last edited by ViRGE on Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So the twist is good, and it looks like Azauld might have a bone to pick with Genis (which I'm more interested in than fighting the Jyuohgers to be honest).

I expect that he's going to bite it before Genis though, which is a shame. Would be good if he was final boss.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

my only disappointment with this weeks ep is this: bado couldnt/didnt become jyuoh whale.
high points:
azauld is uber powerful as the ancient villain of jyuland ... but how did he wind up in space? (sort of like when that kid baddy from jetman became an adult and was OP for a time)
Amu making yamato fix things with his dad. nice but a bit late
Mario speaking broken to larry was ... why? he knows the other 4 speak japanese, so why speak like larry doesnt?
that jyuoh final from bado looked awesome! with the wings!
that 7 jyuohger role call was also nice, i sort of get why yamato was gorilla ... but as eagle would have been just as good.
Genis wanted azauld to awaken, as he knew about the seal.
this would have been better mid season.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

midorininger wrote: Mario speaking broken to larry was ... why? he knows the other 4 speak japanese, so why speak like larry doesnt?
To be fair, Larry did respond in Spanish... :P
Last edited by ViRGE on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

The finale is getting closer and closer. It's neat to see Azauld getting more powerful as the ancient enemy of Zyuland.
Sadly I don't think he will be the final boss even though he fit thematically as it.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I think it would be funny if Emu (from Kamen Rider X-Aid) made a random cameo where he is talking to Yamoto's Dad about some case and then encourages him to talk to Yamoto.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

A lot of things happening, yet none of them making me excited. Quite a pity, Jyuohger.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Rifaz wrote:A lot of things happening, yet none of them making me excited. Quite a pity, Jyuohger.
LOL, that's a pity one liner to describe this series.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

This ep is good -- if only the reveal of Azauld came out 2-3 episodes before (the whole arc, I mean). Since it looks like
Spoiler
he'll be defeated in the next episode
, it feels like a waste to set this up then have Azauld's true form
Spoiler
last for only 2 eps.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Jehal »

resop2 wrote:I think it would be funny if Emu (from Kamen Rider X-Aid) made a random cameo where he is talking to Yamoto's Dad about some case and then encourages him to talk to Yamoto.
Oh man, for Yamato's dad to get Game Syndrome would make a killer cross over.
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

or Genis is going to abosrb azauld some how and have both the jyuoh whale powers, destruction god powers, and whatever secret powers he has from the sagitariarc that weve yet to see since it was said when he leaves the ship he loses some power.

maybe next week theyll explain why azaulds cubes are similar to jyuland cube. since that sort of feels like a loose end.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I wonder if Genis in the end wants to be defeated since it's boring to be so over powered.
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

resop2 wrote:I wonder if Genis in the end wants to be defeated since it's boring to be so over powered.
Or his realizes that without anybody on his side and nothing being able to amuse him anymore goes insane and tries to destroy the Earth with him.
Naria might question her loyalty at this point. But hey, I'm just guessing around here.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”