Jyuohger 46 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:03 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
44%
☆☆☆☆
25%
☆☆☆
19%
☆☆
6%
6%

Total votes: 16
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Jyuohger 46 released

Post by Jehal »

ViRGE wrote:100% Random Aside: The new Power Rangers series, Ninja Steel, has started airing. Surprisingly, they are using Baron Nero's suit, which should have been cool (it's a fantastic suit). However they instead did something absolutely horrific to it: they replaced Nero's Plague Doctor head with a new, generic-ish monster head. It's an abomination. :cry:

I'm sad now.
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Uhm, how did Bado know that Yamato was the son of the doctor who helped him the first time they met? I don't think he was saving anyone he saw on the road, but he helped Yamato *bec* of his father.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Disappointing to be honest. Azauld didn't really end up amounting to anything significant. I kind of get the point of having the 4 Jyumen being the ones to finish him off, but given that they really didn't have any rivalry with him it seems forced.

And Yamato is a dick. Not really sure why they've bothered with this characterisation this late in the series though.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

njb wrote:Uhm, how did Bado know that Yamato was the son of the doctor who helped him the first time they met? I don't think he was saving anyone he saw on the road, but he helped Yamato *bec* of his father.
It's these gaps in explanation that kind of frustrate me about this story. I guess the implication is that Bado's been following Yamato around his whole life? When does Bado appear again in the modern time? I totally forgot at this point.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Lunagel wrote:JESUS FUCKING SHIT WHOEVER APPROVED THAT NIGHTMARE SHOULD BE SHOT
^^ Probably the only thing I've agreed with in this topic so far :lol:
Catastrophe wrote:I kind of get the point of having the 4 Jyumen being the ones to finish him off, but given that they really didn't have any rivalry with him it seems forced.
Hardly forced when they explain it at the Lego table: They want to finish what their ancestor couldn't.

Yamato's...whatever that was...seemed to be a revelation that his father wants to save people in the same way that he wants to help the squad. My mother died basically right in front of me a few years ago, and I can empathize with Yamato's anger towards his father just after his mother's death. Once the person has passed, you immediately see which people weren't there and should have been there, and immediately hate them. In Yamato's case, he turned on his father who should have been there when his mother died. Bado explained what happened that night, and Yamato realized that his dad wasn't the horrible dad that he appeared to be. Instead, his father was the exact opposite: very compassionate and selfless, taking the time to heal what was essentially an alien. Once that realization was made, he saw his father trying to help everyone in a very bad situation and saw him for who he really is, not who he appeared to be. That seen, he left to help his friends. However, they had it under control and he (and Misao) turned into baggage. Whether by bad acting, bad writing, or bad editing, it played out like a temper tantrum instead. The revelation was not presented clearly enough, and relied heavily on the "That's why he was late" line, and the clip of his dad coming home one night. That clip has been used numerous times to paint the dad in a bad light by portraying him as a selfish workaholic who ignored his family, when in reality, his father was trying to help as many people as he could and came home late because of it.

If I was to criticize this episode, which I will, it's that Toei's writers screwed up what should have been a very easy thing to pull off. It's a very simple concept that happens a lot in television, yet all of the worst things came together to change the meaning completely. Luckily, the episode's main focus was on the other four, and that part was great.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

Bad thing first. They could have handled Yamato's realization of his dad's good nature. Not sure if I would have preferred if he became a crying wreck, but that's probably better than throwing a tantrum.

The good overweight the bad though because the Jyumans got to do something. Though the one person who actually gained something from this arc was Genis, who shows of his cunning and selfish side by betraying Azauld. Kind of wish we got to see more of that side of him.

Oh and regarding Ninja Steel since people likes to talk about it in a Jyuohger thread. I was disappointed to see how that made an all new face for the Baron Nero costume.
I'm not saying that it's bad or anything, just that it feels... off.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I for one, am not upset that Yamoto is a childish prick. Although it's pretty much written in stone that Sailor Moon (Yamoto) has to be the one who defeats big evil, the inner senshi (jyuohgers) need to be there to help Yamoto overcome his personal problems.

I loved this episode because of the well done cathartic fights scenes. I was a little upset that Naria didn't turn up the snark factor on Aswald. After all this baka smacked her! Naria is taking more abuse than Anthy in Revolutionary Girl Utena.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

I think my final vote will be a 4. The revelation could be done way before last act and it could be spread out to more episodes so we can see he effects of it. I mean yamato's staying away from home while Jyumans can't return their own is kinda missed element at this late of show and it seems like forced to give an explanation why Bado and Yamato are connected. To be honest I would prefer a Yamato's parents died and Bado was somehow involved approach way better even if it would be a boring cliche. Other than little family drama however it was a good episode even Yamato's reckless attacks. Genis show that he will the master mind behind everything until the last checker barely involved in anything. I think Genis was the first villain i saw in a sentai that stayed from the start but barely fought against heroes. The focus on Jyuman was good especially against an enemy that their ancestor failed to defeat. Amu hmm literally putting her nose into where it is not belong but than again Amu is a cat and that is what cats do.
MadCap
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by MadCap »

Hey, um... at about 13:12 did you guys mean "psych"? As in " to psych one out."

Although to be honest, "sike" is much more phonetically understandable than the alternative. Just looking at "psych" spelled out is messing with my head.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I mean, sorta? It's a slang term. Sike comes from "psych", but in practical terms sort of means "not!"

https://www.quora.com/How-did-saying-ps ... me-popular
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Nooo takenoko, sike is too 90s I told youuuuu
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

People who get it will know that it is the perfect term for that situation.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I got it. Had to double take though haha.
sentaidragon
Go Go!
Favorite series: kamen rider
2nd Favorite Series: sentai
Dreamy: all girls :p
Favorite Actor?: i have more than one
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by sentaidragon »

ViRGE wrote:
100% Random Aside: The new Power Rangers series, Ninja Steel, has started airing. Surprisingly, they are using Baron Nero's suit, which should have been cool (it's a fantastic suit). However they instead did something absolutely horrific to it: they replaced Nero's Plague Doctor head with a new, generic-ish monster head. It's an abomination. :cry:

you think this is bad? raizo gabi, the most bad ass character in ninninger is a stupid moron xD...
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

Not a bad episode, but a little anticlimactic so seven out of ten. They made it seem like Azald was the unbeatable force and his weakness was found and exploited so easily. I really don't know what to make of the quick fight because it was too quick to understand who or what Azald really was. If there had been another episode around this then things might have been easier to understand how strong everyone was during the fight. At least Azald is gone and not sealed like Lon from Gekiranger because seals are meant to be broken and the idea of an immortal enemy coming back after many years is cool and all, but there's no way to tell what happened inside the prison.

I did like the back story with Bard and Yamato's father because it finally answered why Yamato was given his powers. I hope that there is some reconciling between father and son soon because eventually the other Jyuohger's will have to leave and visits may not be possible.

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”