Jyuohger 47 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:15 am

☆☆☆☆☆
6%
☆☆☆☆
59%
☆☆☆
18%
☆☆
12%
6%

Total votes: 17
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Jyuohger 47 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last week's rating: 3.85/ 5 (14 votes)

Alt title: Penultimate

Here we are, at the end of the series. And while this episode was fine, I'm sad that there wasn't more payoff for the various characters. The Jyumans feel more like sidekicks than actual characters. Yamato's late game story development is obvious and uncharacteristic of him. Frankly, Misao has the best character arc, since he actually improves as the series progresses.

But yeah, by the numbers. Yamato and his dad make up. Genis launches his final big move. Naria sadly gets knocked out of the running. I think that was the saddest thing, since I liked her character, despite how two dimensional it was.

It's Chekov's bow. If your ship is a giant bow, you better fire a giant arrow before the series ends. And honestly, this was probably the best thing about this episode. Don't destroy the arrow or chain or yank out the arrow, use the wire to drag Genis' ship out of orbit. Hilarious and cool. How did that not bring the ship down on the city like a giant nuke, we'll never know.

The only real surprise in this episode is Bado and Larry's plan to sever ties to JyuLand and turn Earth into an isolationist planet. I guess we can kind of see how they came up with that, but it's ridiculous sounding from every angle. Maybe we were supposed to spend a second thinking that maybe the Jyumans will leave and never see Yamato again, but even that isn't played up for drama. (Again, I feel like Komura is a terrible writer for human drama).

Ah man, Bado. Why couldn't you have been a more interesting character.

Oh shit! Is that the first time a Sentai mecha used his drill hand to properly pierce the enemy? Damn, you've earned your 4 out of 5 this time, Jyuohgers.
Gallus Faberge
7X

Re: Jyuohger 47 released

Post by Gallus Faberge »

I do like when the action scene surprises me by diverting from the toku formula, hence i enjoyed the battle with Naria.

Yamato's make up with his father was just.... ugh..... What was with that 180 change of hear the father did? lol
Poor Yamato, he will probably never see his father again unless he actually goes to the hospital to see him.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I guess that Yamoto is now Chiba-Usa who has to be convinced that his parents didn't hate him so that he will transform back from being Dark Lady?

Yeah, I second the idea that Naria deserved a better end.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So I'm not saying that Yamatos arc with his dad is bad, but it doing it this late in the series seems out of place. If it was done like 8-10 episode prior or had more focus during the early part of the series it might have worked better.

The mecha fight was pretty cool. Definitely like how they just said fuck it and used the robot straight away. Only let down was Naria kind of went down like a chump.

When was the last time the monster grower grew themselves anyway?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Genis is so gosh darn polite. "I'm going to destroy your world, but please enjoy this game."
resop2 wrote:Yeah, I second the idea that Naria deserved a better end.
She went down like a chump. An unfortunate ending, though unfortunately not surprising. The villains have not been very well developed this season.
takenoko wrote: It's Chekov's bow. If your ship is a giant bow, you better fire a giant arrow before the series ends. And honestly, this was probably the best thing about this episode. Don't destroy the arrow or chain or yank out the arrow, use the wire to drag Genis' ship out of orbit. Hilarious and cool. How did that not bring the ship down on the city like a giant nuke, we'll never know.
Agreed. I'm glad the ship amounted to something and it's one of the more clever ways to win a mecha fight.
Because while he was a red ranger, he was the wrong shade of red.
Oh shit! Is that the first time a Sentai mecha used his drill hand to properly pierce the enemy? Damn, you've earned your 4 out of 5 this time, Jyuohgers.
Surely that's happened before?
Philip Aldraine
Kamen Knight
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Koko kara wa ore no sutēji da!

Post by Philip Aldraine »

I wish they would've done more with Naria in this episode, you know? I saw 46 the other day and thought 'There are 3 Deathgaliens left. How can they deal with them with the next episodes?' I was fine with Azald being gone, but Naria? 'Let's make her look bad and kill her off!' That pissed me off there.

And yeah. The whole 'Yamato and his dad make up after so long' thing near the end could've been done a bit earlier in the series. Not too early, but maybe like around 40? I just think it's weird to see them make up on the 47th episode when they had pleeeeeenty of time to do that earlier.
Currently Watching: Ex-Aid, Kyuranger.

'Once you've seen the light, you can never go back to the darkness!'
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote:
Because while he was a red ranger, he was the wrong shade of red.
Surely that's happened before?
Bado is clearly orange though...

But that drill, it just... goes in him. Such force! Such ferocity... So violent!! It just fascinates.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Well, AbarenOh had a drill as it's main weapon, but other than the Getter/Gurren Lagan like finisher, I don't think it ever just drilled a dude and let them fall and explode.

Gouryuuzins finisher I guess? I can't remember anything else that wasn't over the top.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:But that drill, it just... goes in him. Such force! Such ferocity... So violent!! It just fascinates.
No disagreement there. That was a finishing attack that aimed to please. :D
Catastrophe wrote:Well, AbarenOh had a drill as it's main weapon, but other than the Getter/Gurren Lagan like finisher, I don't think it ever just drilled a dude and let them fall and explode.

Gouryuuzins finisher I guess? I can't remember anything else that wasn't over the top.
I swear Daibouken drilled someone once or twice. But it's been 10 years now, so my memory may be a bit off...
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Catastrophe wrote:So I'm not saying that Yamatos arc with his dad is bad, but it doing it this late in the series seems out of place. If it was done like 8-10 episode prior or had more focus during the early part of the series it might have worked better.

The mecha fight was pretty cool. Definitely like how they just said fuck it and used the robot straight away. Only let down was Naria kind of went down like a chump.

When was the last time the monster grower grew themselves anyway?
I agree on first part it should be a mid season thing and whould be covered in more episodes but mid season was spend on monster hunter being mean to Yamato which is odd they couxld use him targeting Yamato's father in that time too but no lets make whole season about Yamato.

I was expecting Naria becoming a shadow ruler you know kinda like in the goseiger but I guess we don't get that kind of surprise from sentai any longer.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

I find this series endgame to be... lame, honestly. Maybe partly because Genis is such a lazy villain; I mean, he's cool but definitely not a good sentai villain.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Interesting end. Sadly poor Naria has no back story whatsoever. Yamato gets sudden character development.

Nevertheless the action scenes reclaimed this ep for me.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

Sad to see the way Naria had to go, but otherwise so was the action in this episode good. ^w^
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I guess not every female assistant can have as big a story as Tayu got in Shinkengers.
Philip Aldraine
Kamen Knight
Quote: Koko kara wa ore no sutēji da!

Post by Philip Aldraine »

What I don't get is why did she take half of the coin and not the full coin? If she took the full coin, would she go on a rampage?
Currently Watching: Ex-Aid, Kyuranger.

'Once you've seen the light, you can never go back to the darkness!'

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”