Jyuohger 48 released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:26 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
22%
☆☆☆☆
19%
☆☆☆
41%
☆☆
19%
No votes

Total votes: 27
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Re: Jyuohger 48 released

Post by chronoxiong »

Awesome henshin sequence. Definitely one of the best I can remember in recent years. Too bad the whole series felt underwhelming. I tuned in and out a lot of times. Yamato's issue with his father should've been resolved a lot sooner than the last few episodes. Made it felt rushed. And that final form looked like a wasted appearance. Caught me by surprise because I did not expect to see a final form at this point in the series.
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

takenoko wrote:< Previous ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last week's rating: 3.43/ 5 (14 votes)

Alt title: JYUOH FINAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!

Unfortunately, I really feel like the finale was just a culmination of all the problems that has plagued this series. I'll start with what I liked though.

Unmasked transformation! Good fight sequence, up till the point when Yamato gets fat, ineffective bird power. And finally, I was pleasantly surprised by the twist of the worlds fusing. If this had happened earlier and we got to explore the repercussions of such a thing more fully, I think it might have made the latter arc of the story more compelling?

But unfortunately, this is Jyuohger, so none of the characters feel real and you don't experience human emotions watching it. Bado literally doesn't do anything except make creepy Kusaka smiles. As people said in previous threads, Genis is a boring villain. We know nothing about him, and this inferiority complex reveal is too little, too late. I guess it's kind of funny that the last boss is the same as the grunts? I dunno. Didn't really work for me.

The "fuck Jyuohgers" moment of the episode came with the reveal that Naria survived, then to the surprise of no one, gets literally shot in the back to show how evil Genis is. A) It's super cliche B) How stupid is the writer, since Naria (or even anyone else) is a more interesting character than Genis? Even if we weren't living in a new age of PCism, I think setting up a woman to die for her boss to look evil is a bad trope. It makes both characters worse for it. I mean, I guess it kind of works for Shishio in Kenshin, because he seems kind of desperate to do it? But it's not my favorite tool in the fiction writer's belt.

And it suffers the sin of bad story beats. Their transformation devices are destroyed and then undestroyed within 5 minutes, I'm sure. Maybe on paper, combing Yamato's form sounds cool, but it flies in the fucking face of the theme of connection that this series purports to promote. Maybe the moral lesson you should be teaching is: True strength comes from working as a team? I know, crazy for a Sentai series, right?

Again, the battle was cool. I liked seeing Genis grab TheWorld and thump him a few times on the ground before knocking Yamato out of the air with it. That said, I literally don't remember what the background dancers did in that fight. They might as well not have been there.

Man is fat JyuohEagle a bad fight. He's so slow! Genis, how are you getting hit by that? And what is the point of being muscular when flying? Ther'es not even a scene where Yamato flies super fast to accelerate into a punch, which might have been the one scenario where that form makes sense. Instead, he hovers in the air and punches Genis, who's too fricking stupid to dodge the slowest punch in the world.

And I don't remember what the mecha fight was like. I don't think there was anything there anyway.

Goodbye Jyuohger. You were mostly forgettable and you taught me to beware of Komura Junko's writings in the future. Between Wizard and Jyuohger, I don't see us going on a third date.

Episode: 2 / 5 stars. Bad ending to a bad series.

Series: 3 / 5 stars. A meh series that doesn't go anywhere and doesn't follow through on its message or theming. Some fun moments, but only like half the main cast are even interesting/likable. The only reason it doesn't get the 2 star that it probably deserves is because it's not actively annoying.
I agree with you on all parts. The idea of the two worlds joining is a problem because it'll probably not be seen in future series. If all the Sentai series take place on the same world, why don't more of them show up to help with the clean up and really strong monsters. I don't know how things will continue to go if past generations aren't mentioned, like in the new generation of Power Rangers. If you half to ask what is a Power Ranger after more than 20 years have passed, you have issues.

I did find Genis to be a let down because of the lack of a back story, something most of the villains had. If we had roughly 2 more episodes to the series to go into the backgrounds of the villains then thing would have been better. The fact that Genis was nothing more than a collection of his foot soldiers was lame because we don't know what caused the combination of the minions in the first place. At least in Megaranger there was the one black soldier that controlled the others and it made for a nice weak spot for a quick victory.

As for the future, I don't know but I'll still watch Super Sentai because of how long its been a part of my life and let's hope in 4 years if the series is still going that something really good will happen.
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

chronoxiong wrote:Awesome henshin sequence. Definitely one of the best I can remember in recent years. Too bad the whole series felt underwhelming. I tuned in and out a lot of times. Yamato's issue with his father should've been resolved a lot sooner than the last few episodes. Made it felt rushed. And that final form looked like a wasted appearance. Caught me by surprise because I did not expect to see a final form at this point in the series.
I agree with you. if there had to be a generation that had at least 50 episodes then this was it because of the anniversary.

BTW don't use the photo from Super Mega Force if you've seen the series. It was campier than 1960's Batman.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Thanks again for another series completed.

For me it was a 3/5 series too... bad story, boring characters, horrible six sentai member... the saddest part is that zarudo had the potential to be a decent six member and end up ruined thanks to his personality and being a joke character. We really need the old badass six members like Abarekiller back.

The only thing that helps the series is that some episodes have really good special effects and that the first episodes look really cool because the production was high and it was a anniversary sentai series but as a "celebration" series this is so bad compared to Gokaiger...

Yamato was a decent red and probably the third best red after Marvelous and Takeru that we have got in the last years... (Yes, Alata and Right were that bad and Taka-ni was just a Gentarou failed clone)

I hope the next series is not as bad as this one now that we are going to get even less human actors and more suit actors.
Final Vent!
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

mholden020 wrote:I really wish Kamen Rider would do it as well, or have another season like Hibiki where the characters walked around in-suit with no helmet, but that was on a bit of a technicality since they were truly morphing, not putting on a suit.
Thanks for the list. I will actually look those up now. Sounds really cool. Yeah, I wished Kamen Rider would at least do helmetless transformations too. The closest thing to that is Kamen Rider Skull who was helmetless at the end of the Decade & W crossover movie, lol.

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”