Jyuohger VS Ninninger released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:14 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
24%
☆☆☆☆
36%
☆☆☆
24%
☆☆
8%
8%

Total votes: 25
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Jyuohger VS Ninninger released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki

3 stars, was fine and more or less what I expected from these two series.

Honestly wasn't too into the movie until they team up at the end and break up into little amusing fight groups. Otherwise, mostly forgettable.

One thing I usually like about Versus is the chance to get an epilogue or a little more of what I liked about the previous series. So naturally, instead of learning more about Kasumi or hearing what things Nagi is up to, we learn that Takaharu got married and had a kid. I can't get mad or disappointed if I didn't expect that much to begin with.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Jyuohger VS Ninninger released

Post by PHurricane »

It wasn’t terrible, which might be the nicest thing I’ve said about something involving Ninninger. To be fair I enjoyed the Ninninger versus with ToQger - not only did I enjoy seeing the ToQger cast again, but I thought that movie had some of the best writing for the Ninningers as well. The writing this time around wasn’t bad, but I wasn’t exactly eager to see the Ninninger cast again. The movie itself felt very long. I checked the timestamp when the plot seemed to have wrapped up, and I was shocked that I was only half-way through.

It’s always fun to see how things change for the new team from the movie cameo to the series. I liked the graphics for Naaga’s attack better than the big eyeball they’ve been using in the show. Hame still used her valley girl speak, but she seemed more serious here. Balance was wonderful, as was that star attack. I would like to see that again.

Other points:
-I laughed when Sela cringed at the Ninningers’ noisy changers.
-I was really hoping we’d get a reference to the anniversary episode where Joe changed into Aoninger, but nope, nothing.
-I enjoyed how Yamato was so bewildered and fed up with the nonsense going on around him...but mostly with Takaharu.
-I liked that Naria was the driving force behind the plot. She could have been so dangerous if she was proactive like this during the main series.
-I found it funny that the only purpose Bado served was to set-up the KyuuRanger cameo.
-Maybe I’m just feeling nostalgic, but when the monster criticized Yamato for fighting alone, I kinda wanted him to turn around yell “We’re a sentai!” à la King and then have everyone come running in.
-It was funny that the monster said pretty much exactly what I was thinking about the cross-team mecha upgrade just being a shuriken stuck on the robo’s chest.
-I initially interpreted that Tsumuji’s reaction to Yoshiharu was that it would be a miracle for Takaharu to get a girlfriend to have a child with, so I was like everyone else at the end whose jaw dropped when Takaharu announced he was already born, although it makes sense that he would have needed to be at least conceived if they all died during that fight in the original timeline. Takaharu not telling anyone that he was getting married is pretty bizarre.
-Right to the end, Yakumo and Kasumi’s relationship is suspiciously incestuous.
-It was nice to see Misao make another friend in Kinji.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

PHurricane wrote:-Right to the end, Yakumo and Kasumi’s relationship is suspiciously incestuous.
-It was nice to see Misao make another friend in Kinji.
LOL. Both good points.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Adequately mediocre.

So if Yamato hadn't changed the future, we wouldn't have Kyuuranger? THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT YAMATO!

Try saying Super Sentai Sempai 5 times fast.

Nice example for the kids Takaharu, knocking up a chick and having a shotgun wedding.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Spoiler
Spoiler
FUCK THIS MOVIE.

Ahem.

Fuck this movie.

That's all I have to say about this crossover.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

While i haven't watched it yet (mainly due to not having strong enough drinks on hand) when i saw the main page post and the 'finally' bit I couldn't help but chuckle with the image of the team finally working through a batch of subs to find this abomination at the bottom only to try and bury it again and again to protect us all.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Heh. The actual work to get the movie subbed actually wasn't that long. We just kind of faffed around through the process after that (not to make a lot of excuses, but we did have our attention split across many shows this quarter)
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Hey, I was very busy faffing about! Those guards aren't gonna assassinate themselves!
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

takenoko wrote:Heh. The actual work to get the movie subbed actually wasn't that long. We just kind of faffed around through the process after that (not to make a lot of excuses, but we did have our attention split across many shows this quarter)
No problem. Five shows is a pretty tall order (I know Ultra & Dino Force are shorter, but Amazons isnt).

Haven't watched it yet but I did see the RAW after searching in March on NYAA (RIP). I thought it was decent. Not the best team-up (and it doesn't help they barely put in past Sentais to celebrate the 40th anniversary), but it was enjoyable and definitely better than most of Ninninger. As someone above said, I enjoyed Kinji making friends with Misao without a 2nd thought while Misao was squeeing. The Kyuranger cameo was ok, even if it had nothing to do with the rest of the film. Finally, I like how Yamato didn't like Takaharu without being a jerk or trying to kill him. Nice change of pace.

As for the status of Takaharu's son and mother at the end... scroll to a previous post for spoilers. I'll just say WOAH and note that it'll be a VERY cold day in... well, you know... before that nugget gets into Ninja Steel. :D

Also, I don't know if the SD torrent has it, but the HD torrent has a surprise not mentioned by TV Nihin :)
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

It's okay. It's really just another versus movie. The biggest complaint I had was the whole Super Sentai history is finished. It was an anniversary season so it felt sorta shoehorned in. But nothing that Takaharu's kid said made me feel like the future was fucked without Sentai. Okay so two teams killed each other and the SS legacy died there. But nothing bad is going on in said future. Maybe a few scenes of the future on fire would've done something for me. But other than that no real complaints. It's always a joy to see two different teams fighting with their different styles.

Also Takaharu's kid's voice sounds really familiar. Is he the kid who voice the Boy from "The Last Guardian"? Anyone have his name?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Wow, that's fucking creepy. Yeah, he is the boy. How did you know that? Last I checked, he didn't have an official page on the Japanese wiki, and the page I did consult didn't mention that. (He also did a bunch of other toku roles)

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ishikawa_Tatsuki
http://teamico.wikia.com/wiki/The_Boy
lennyhouston16
Go Go!
Favorite series: Gaim, OOO, Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva, W, Go-Busters
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by lennyhouston16 »

Nice movie. Nuff said.

However I must say episode 19 is beautiful in Blu Ray quality. I know TV Nihon hasn't said anything about rereleasing current shows in Blu Ray but I'd love to rewatch these shows in that quality when they're available. Wink wink
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Question: What exactly did the kid change?

Hypothesis: This is a poorly written movie and they didn't actually care about loose ends.

Observation: The opening scene shows both dead teams. We know this must be true because the reality he comes from has no Super Sentai. The kid interacts with the two Reds and they attempt to change the future by stopping the fighting. However, it was the rest of the Ninningers and Jyuohgers that performed the plan to deceive the weird baby monster in the background, without knowledge or interference from the Reds. Therefore the kid's interaction with the Reds must have been the changing point.

Result: In the alternate future, the Reds were not stopped and Takaharu either injured Yamato or Yamato managed to run off. They went back to their respective teams and riled them up so much that the only conclusion was utter annihilation. Hence making the destruction of Super Sentai entirely the fault of the Reds.

Conclusion: Takaharu is a dumbass and time travel is used far too often in tokusatsu.
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

4/5

Nice movie, but it's better if this is a 1.5 hour movie instead of 1 hour but c'mon what happen to TOEI seriously
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

Another thing, it is better to have Zyuohger vs. Super Sentai, just like Gao and Bouken than this (no offense though)

(still I like Zyuoh instead of Jyuoh :P )

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”