Jyuohger VS Ninninger released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:14 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
24%
☆☆☆☆
36%
☆☆☆
24%
☆☆
8%
8%

Total votes: 25
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Jyuohger VS Ninninger released

Post by Lunagel »

dannydice64 wrote:4/5

Nice movie, but it's better if this is a 1.5 hour movie instead of 1 hour but c'mon what happen to TOEI seriously
Seriously? The movie was struggling around the 30 minute mark. An extra half hour would have been sheer torture
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

Lunagel wrote:
Seriously? The movie was struggling around the 30 minute mark. An extra half hour would have been sheer torture
It is better to have an extra scenes just like the past VS movies, because I am unsatisfied in this movie that I watched, there's something lack on screentime and flashbacks

The most epic VS movie was Super Sentai 199 Hero Battle tie with Gokaiger vs. Gavan
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

dannydice64 wrote:
Lunagel wrote:
It is better to have an extra scenes just like the past VS movies, because I am unsatisfied in this movie that I watched, there's something lack on screentime and flashbacks

The most epic VS movie was Super Sentai 199 Hero Battle tie with Gokaiger vs. Gavan
Quantity =/= quality
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

For the upcoming Kyuranger vs. Zyuohger, I wish that it will be very epic
If they will include Gokaigers make it happen (a very good collab between GokaiYellow and WashiPink)
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

takenoko wrote:Wow, that's fucking creepy. Yeah, he is the boy. How did you know that? Last I checked, he didn't have an official page on the Japanese wiki, and the page I did consult didn't mention that. (He also did a bunch of other toku roles)

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ishikawa_Tatsuki
http://teamico.wikia.com/wiki/The_Boy
It helps that I just recently played The Last Guardian maybe 3 weeks ago. Once he transformed and there were more effort noises it sorta just clicked.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

/me puts hand to chin

Oh yeah, I guess there would be a lot of grunts and stuff.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Lunagel wrote:Question: What exactly did the kid change?

Hypothesis: This is a poorly written movie and they didn't actually care about loose ends.

Observation: The opening scene shows both dead teams. We know this must be true because the reality he comes from has no Super Sentai. The kid interacts with the two Reds and they attempt to change the future by stopping the fighting. However, it was the rest of the Ninningers and Jyuohgers that performed the plan to deceive the weird baby monster in the background, without knowledge or interference from the Reds. Therefore the kid's interaction with the Reds must have been the changing point.

Result: In the alternate future, the Reds were not stopped and Takaharu either injured Yamato or Yamato managed to run off. They went back to their respective teams and riled them up so much that the only conclusion was utter annihilation. Hence making the destruction of Super Sentai entirely the fault of the Reds.

Conclusion: Takaharu is a dumbass and time travel is used far too often in tokusatsu.
Kid actually changed alot. First of all he got both reds to somewhere. We don't know what happened when kid not intervened but if both red left to their own device things might be alot different especially with Takaharu's personality. For example it would be not the sixth members but reds that might got caught which would trigger alot (yes I use alot sue me :P) of different response from each team.

We also already saw Takaharu's girlfriend in the show it won't be too tall order to ship two of them together considering his son is also a ninja. This also reminds me did we see Kasumi's parents or heard about them in the show? I remember Yamato's mother but don't remember anything about Kasumi's connection to family other than everyone else act like she is older sister except Takaharu.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

um ... did the kid even need to time travel which has been asked ... but ... i guess him being there ... i dunno ...

and if the history of Super Sentai was at stake, wouldnt:
-AkaRed have done something? since he is alive and well apparently
-Gokaiger have stepped in and done something? (unless they wanted takaharu gone as badly as most do)

but i get overwhelmed when they begin working together. especially when they pull off the unplanned spare of the moment combos. even if they werent as good as last years.
other overwhelming moments for me:
-Yoshiharu getting his shuriken and the 3 generations battling. though fair weather? like what?
-the 40v logo popping up to save them and all the reds "channeling" their power to the newbies which followed up with ...
-akarenger acknowledging Jyuoheagle, "akarenger senpai noticed me!"
-Kyuranger coming to help out which was awesome. but ...

yeah i get they want to sell the next team and all but Azauld was a tough foe all year long and the new kids come in beat him, Cubal and Naria. nice touch on the our eagle is pink actually. wish Bado had fought. yet ... new kids.

as for yamato, he barely EVER used his powers in tandem. i think he only rarely used the eagle raiser when gorilla, and not once as whale. with ninnin last year and now it sort of felt like, things they could have done during the main run they kind of throw in to these movies as a "oh we COULD have done this"

i hope takaharu DID get with that purple ninja girl from the other clan he met while traveling. as i wished she was the purple ninninger.
yes also said midoninger didnt return in any way shape or form but i get why but hey green is a favorite color.
non nin nin girls with jyu girls combi anime moment?!

EDIT: yamato finding takaharu a bit hard to take im sure pleased many.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

something else occurred to me as well. WHEN DOES THIS MOVIE HAPPEN?!

if the Kyuurangers come to earth, for the first time? and have all 9 members, but jyuohger hasnt defeated deathgalien yet ... huh?
Uzur9
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaimu
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Favorite Band: J-rock/pop + Dubstep
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Uzur9 »

midorininger wrote:something else occurred to me as well. WHEN DOES THIS MOVIE HAPPEN?!

if the Kyuurangers come to earth, for the first time? and have all 9 members, but jyuohger hasnt defeated deathgalien yet ... huh?
Continuity and Placement
Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger:
Spoiler
This movie is set after the debut of Wild Tousai Dodeka King but before the series of events leading to Quval's destruction, placing it after episode 38 because Bud has the Zyuoh Changer Final with him, but before episode 39, because that is when the events leading to Quval's destruction start to take place.

Shuriken Sentai Ninninger:
Spoiler
Between the series finale and Come Back! Shuriken Sentai Ninninger: Ninnin Girls vs. Boys FINAL WARS.

Uchu Sentai Kyuranger:
Spoiler
As the full team of Kyurangers has been assembled after episode 5, the cameo of Kyurangers in this movie must have taken place after this episode. Unfortunately, unless time travel is somehow involved (similar to the Gokaiger's cameo in Tensou Sentai Goseiger vs. Shinkenger :Epic on Ginmaku) it is not possible to reconcile the Kyurangers' appearance in this movie with their own series as a major plot element of that show is that their enemies Space Shogunate Jark Matter took over the Earth prior to the beginning of the series. That, combined with the fact that no Zyuman nor Zyuland elements are seen on the Jark Matter ruled Earth, implies that the two series take place in different continuities.
Kamen Rider left to finish:
Reiwa: Geats, Gotchard

Super Sentai left to finish:
Shōwa: Denjiman, Goggle V, Dynaman, Changeman

Heisei: Complete.

Reiwa: Zenkaiger, High School Heroes, Donbrothers & King-Ohger
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Greenstalker wrote: Kid actually changed alot. First of all he got both reds to somewhere. We don't know what happened when kid not intervened but if both red left to their own device things might be alot different especially with Takaharu's personality. For example it would be not the sixth members but reds that might got caught which would trigger alot (yes I use alot sue me :P) of different response from each team.
Dude, you completely missed the point of my post.
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

lennyhouston16 wrote:Nice movie. Nuff said.

However I must say episode 19 is beautiful in Blu Ray quality. I know TV Nihon hasn't said anything about rereleasing current shows in Blu Ray but I'd love to rewatch these shows in that quality when they're available. Wink wink
I doubt it. They have enough getting shows and movies as it is and the TV encodes look decent. If they do, great, but if it's between a Blu Ray copy of Zyuohger and Kyuranger, I'll take the space cadets :)
Lunagel wrote:Question: What exactly did the kid change?

Hypothesis: This is a poorly written movie and they didn't actually care about loose ends.

Observation: The opening scene shows both dead teams. We know this must be true because the reality he comes from has no Super Sentai. The kid interacts with the two Reds and they attempt to change the future by stopping the fighting. However, it was the rest of the Ninningers and Jyuohgers that performed the plan to deceive the weird baby monster in the background, without knowledge or interference from the Reds. Therefore the kid's interaction with the Reds must have been the changing point.

Result: In the alternate future, the Reds were not stopped and Takaharu either injured Yamato or Yamato managed to run off. They went back to their respective teams and riled them up so much that the only conclusion was utter annihilation. Hence making the destruction of Super Sentai entirely the fault of the Reds.

Conclusion: Takaharu is a dumbass and time travel is used far too often in tokusatsu.
Very good theory. Works for me personally. Wish the filmmakers thought of it.
dannydice64 wrote:Another thing, it is better to have Zyuohger vs. Super Sentai, just like Gao and Bouken than this (no offense though)

(still I like Zyuoh instead of Jyuoh :P )
Yeah, I'm sure I would've liked this movie better if Kyuranger or Ninninger had been the anniversary season, letting this just be a fun romp between ninjas and flurries.

I wish Kyuranger had been an anniversary, just because Kyuranger's concept would make for a great vs. Super Sentai movie.

Finally, TV-Nihon, you totally should've kept the other thing in the torrent a surprise :D
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

LOL, it wasn't meant to be a surprise. I just forgot about it when making the announcement post.

But I get your point. In life, good surprises are too rare.
Izanagi_Izanami12345
Gao
Favorite series: Toqger + Shinkenger + Lupat + Gaim + Hibiki 1st Part
2nd Favorite Series: W + Build + Kyoryuger + Gobuster + GARO
Favorite Band: It changes over time, but the longest I like was Paramore
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by Izanagi_Izanami12345 »

Different with other commenters, I personally was having a blast with this movie...

It is not perfect, as the plot was typhically Ninninger's style (kinda messy), but I really like how the characters fleshed out in this one, it feels like the best of Ninninger, Jyouhger, and sadly Kyuuranger at least on this point...

My issue with this movie was with Yoshiharu. The whole future thing to be honest was not necessary, since it brought more confusion rather than explanation, but it was cool as it gave us three generation of Akaninjas again, gave Takaharu a little of development instead just being on fire, and at least gave a little more meaning to Bado and Kyuuranger's cameo...

Nice to see you again Kasumi... Fine as usual..
Izanagi_Izanami12345
Gao
Favorite series: Toqger + Shinkenger + Lupat + Gaim + Hibiki 1st Part
2nd Favorite Series: W + Build + Kyoryuger + Gobuster + GARO
Favorite Band: It changes over time, but the longest I like was Paramore
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by Izanagi_Izanami12345 »

To be honest, I feel kinda sad that Ninninger is better in the last two movies rather than in the series, how Jyuohger in this movie reminded me of Jyuohger's early days, and Kyuuranger could be that cool instead of what we're getting right now (still hope it will get better)...

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”