Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Re: Garo Makai Retsuden 12 released

Post by Mandalori »

Arashi1984 wrote:
Alessar wrote:I also don't think they make any references to the Senate. Instead in the future of the original continuity we get Bikuu and the dark slashers and the Senate is definitely running things and signing territories.

If I'm not wrong there is a reference ot the Senate in the last episode of Yami, with Aguri trying to work for/with them.
Yes, and they are mentionned in the Ryume episode by the head Priest when talking about D Ringo's and Ginji's punishmen. By the way, wasn't one of the Priest is that episode Kamen Rider Fifteen?
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

Arashi1984 wrote:
Alessar wrote:I also don't think they make any references to the Senate. Instead in the future of the original continuity we get Bikuu and the dark slashers and the Senate is definitely running things and signing territories.

If I'm not wrong there is a reference ot the Senate in the last episode of Yami, with Aguri trying to work for/with them.
I think Aguri also mentions the senate in episode 13 (the one where they launch an assault on the mado horrors after getting that mado detection tool).
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Aberration wrote:I'd only consider the anime to be a parallel universe at this point, since it's harder to fit with the live-action timeline. (I haven't even seen the second anime, is that even in continuity with the first?)
The anime can be easily be part of the main timeline since it's in the past rather than the Ryuuga-verse sloppy attempt to be in the "future". Also the second season of the anime is further back in the past from the first anime season. Who knows if either of them are a part of the main timeline but it's more possible than the Ryuuga-verse.

I feel like I need to further explain why the Kaoru storybook in Yami is an easter egg not a reason why it's a part of the main series. It was just there. No one really mention it in the episode itself. If it was mention and had more focus on it, then maybe but it wasn't. It's just a cool reference for us people who have watched the first Garo seasons. Another example of this type of reference was in Aquarion Logos where you see the cast of the previous show as figurines or see battles from the previous show on various TVs. There wasn't at any point an attempt to make them a focus. It's just another easter egg for people who watched the previous show.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

If I recall correctly, Kaoru's storybook was read by Ryuuga's mother to him as a child, so while they didn't talk about the details of the book, they did incorporate it as a bed time story to young Ryuuga. It's fine to say it's just an easter egg, because they never said it was more, but they never said it wasn't link to Kaoru and Kouga either. The argument is still open.

The problem with Yami was that the director seem to want to make it a future event, but didn't want to set a specific time date to it, because they wanted to leave the in-between gap open for Amemiya to tell his story should be return. Which he did. And the rest is history.
Last edited by TokuCasual on Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

I don't know if the marketing was mistranslated or was just wrong, but Ashura hasn't been a wrestling match, more like an extra Retsuden episode with wrestlers.
Aberration
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Band: Crowded House

Post by Aberration »

I just peeked at a raw on YouTube. Technically, I wouldn't call it Retsuden since there's no Gonza bookending the story, but yeah, it's not some cheesy live wrestling event. It's definitely a Garo story, I'll just tease people and say there's a knight and two established characters featured :)
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

We are already working subbing on it and will be a part of the Retsuden torrent batch.

Also going back to the Ryuuga-verse thing, there's nothing to say that Eiris can create just portals of time. I mean the whole thing with Future Trunks is basically both an alternate timeline and a different universe. So it could be both which I'm more okay to accept that than being a future timeline.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Phoenix512 wrote:We are already working subbing on it and will be a part of the Retsuden torrent batch.

Also going back to the Ryuuga-verse thing, there's nothing to say that Eiris can create just portals of time. I mean the whole thing with Future Trunks is basically both an alternate timeline and a different universe. So it could be both which I'm more okay to accept that than being a future timeline.
There's nothing to say that Eiris can create just portals of time, and equally there's nothing to say that Rian is not Rei's mother. So far, Eiris has the power of creating time portals, that's the information that has been given.

And about DB, it uses one of the main system used dealing with time travelling, the one that every slight change made in the past creates a parallel timeline. But that's what it is, a parallel timeline, not a differente universe (that's actually a whole new thing in Dragon Ball, the universes).
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

Does anyone find it interesting that Raiga had to fight Zaji three times, while Kouga fought Zaji twice in this episode. Can anyone confirm if he fought Zaji only once on Makai Senki?

If so, this is a very nice touch. Seems that Zaji must be killed an additional time each subsequent battle? Gotta suck for whoever the next successor of Garo is.

Also makes you wonder if this Episode was actually planned way in advance (like maybe some side episode in Makai no Hanna) and subsequently shelved? It's an interesting bit of continuity there.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Dragonball
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Garo

Post by Zaruba »

Ok I've been waiting for this for a very long time. I love Kouga and Kaoru so much. I'm not going to lie I cried like a baby when he showed himself and that music played. It was a long time coming for him to finally show up. I truly hope his words at the end meant he is coming back in some way. Thank you so much for the great episode. Not to disrespect the other actors but Kouga was by far the best actor for Garo. The original cast will always have a special place in my heart so I would be overjoyed if they all were reunited in a future series and or movie.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Why was episode 12 replaced with the bluray version? Is there anything new?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

When we first released it there was only a 720 version available.

Return to “-Makai Retsuden-”