11%
No votes

Total votes: 9
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Garo Makai Retsuden 06 released

Post by Catastrophe »

Was a bit of a snore fest at the start. Then Bikuu started kicking ass and I remember why I liked her.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Alessar wrote:I thought the chain-link fence actually was kind of a nice touch in that one scene. It just gave me the feeling that they were in an area that had been allowed to decay and go wild, instead of wandering around in some magical forest.
I really feel like that was an oversight on the cameraman/director's part. Some wilderness!
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

nice episode. momose misaki is very very cute, love her outfit as well. but her grin when shown in bikuu mirror kinda make me not believe her for the entire episode. but well she fit the role of a clumsy makai priest & yes reluctant mentor Bikuu is fun to watch. Sayaka play Bikuu role in a good way i think. AND THAT RIVER LOCATION, WOW AWESOME GREAT!!!

the story build up in a good way along these 2 journey. however the enemy is kinda dissapointing which is only a voice & unclear as well. even when it being shot also just vanished.

good episode, i give 4/5 for this one.

i do hope in future we can see Erika again, dunno as what but she's a likeable character from this episode i think.
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Do they scout their locations before writing their scripts and stories for each episode? Lol. I love the river setting they had in the beginning and end of the episode. It looked gorgeous. Wasn't expecting Erika to be an assassin because she's a cutie. Bikuu must really be a threat to the villains. I have to admit that Bikuu's stoic personality is so boring. Very similar to Kouga in the first season of Garo. Typical.
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

Momose Misaki is adorable as Erika. She's just so cute that she's believable as a clumsy would-be assassin trying to worm her way under Bikuu's defenses. I bet it's easy to play Bikuu. Don't talk much, act and look cool, and show no emotion.
My impression is that Erika really was that inept an assassin. She barely held her own against the minions sent her by master. Makes you wonder why a more-skilled assassin wasn't sent instead, but I guess the master wanted someone whom Bikuu wouldn't suspect.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It seems like whoever sent her isn't all that competent to begin with, if they've been through 17 cadets and Erika was the one they sent on the mission.
edumiyagi
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Favorite Band: Superfly

Post by edumiyagi »

Nice episode... I like Bikuu a lot.. I wonder why the title of Bikuu was changed. During "Flower of Makai", it was "Darkness Hunter" (闇 の 狩師 Yami no karishi)... Now is "Dark Slasher" (闇斬師 Yamigirishi). Anyone knows? Maybe something related to the movie?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Probably something to do with the movie, I'm guessing

Return to “-Makai Retsuden-”