Will Saejima Kouga appear in Makai Retsuden?

Do you think Kouga will appear?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:31 pm

Yes
80%
Maybe
No votes
No
20%
Not sure
No votes

Total votes: 5
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Will Saejima Kouga appear in Makai Retsuden?

Post by takenoko »

What do you think? Maybe this should go in the other thread, but I want to encourage you guys to start new topic threads in general.

With three episodes left, do you think Saejima Kouga will appear? So far, the series has focused more on later series, since the actors are probably still new and available. We've yet to see many G1 favorites like Rei, Kaoru, Jabi, Tsubasa and Rin, or even Kouga's dad. The only other series so lacking is Yami wo Terasu Mono, which only has had Ryuuga and Rian so far.

I mean, one can argue that the G1 characters have had their stories about them, and that this is more of an opportunity to shine the limelight on side characters. But even still, I doubt we'll get to see Jabi or the Tsubasa family in this, even though I think that'd be really cool.

But on the other hand, how can we have a 10 year anniversary Garo without the man who was the original Garo. It'd be like Kamen Rider without Ichigou.

I'm hoping that they're saving a story about Kouga for the very last episode.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Will Saejima Kouga appear in Makai Retsuden?

Post by Dragonfan »

I don't know what to think about what they're planning to do with Kouga's character, not just in Retsuden but overall.

I mean, after Soukoku no maryu he had a nice ending, but then in Makai no hana that big plot was thrown at us, and I don't think that's something that should be left like that, with Kaoru and Kougas disappeared forever. That's why I think that, when we see him again, it's going to be a main point, important, so maybe they won't even bother to make a Retsuden episode: i don't think we will see him back just for a self-conclued short story, and I also don't think that his adventures in another dimension are something that can be told in a single episode. They need a movie, at least.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Probably not. Would like to have seen him or his dad though.
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

they need to tell when kouga + kaoru wed & born raiga. perhaps the 2017 garo will tell it.
retsuden is only 1ep away. i give up my hope for Aguri+Takeru for sure. but as the name of ep is golden monument , i have hope for kouga on final.
or his shadow at least (hope)
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

fenrir wrote: the name of ep is golden monument , i have hope for kouga on final
This is why I think he's going to show up in the last episode. Not sure how long he'll be there, but all of the stuff so far would suggest that he'll be in the final episode. Of course, the episode is "Golden" monument. I get the feeling that it might be something where they honor all the Garos of the past, maybe the timeline has moved on far enough that Kouga has passed by now? The other thing is that the other two Garos have appeared, along with almost the entire Season 1-2 cast has appeared.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It'd be funny if he came home and asked Gonza what he was doing. Kind of like that episode in the first season where Zaruba does the flashback while Kouga is fighting on the train.
Aberration
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Band: Crowded House

Post by Aberration »

I'd like to hope that he'll show up and team up with Ryuuga to fulfill the promise of that image of their two swords crossed. (I think a movie or TV special uniting all 4 live-action Garos would be sweet too, but one thing at a time.)

Speaking of Kouga... I'm assuming everyone has seen Makai no Hana, but I'll spoiler this just in case?

Spoiler
What do you think happens to Kouga once he returns to this dimension? I find it hard to imagine him taking the Garo armor from his son, but it seems weird to think of him taking another armor and title. Just curious what you all imagine for the future.

And yes, I do take it as a given that Kouga and Kaoru do make it home. Even if we never see it, "Garo" is a kind of modern fairy tale, and even though it gets pretty damn dark, it should come to a happy ending at the end.

Return to “-Makai Retsuden-”