Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Makai Retsuden 11 released

Post by takenoko »

< Prev Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last episode rating: 4.5 (6 votes)

Alt Title - Garo 11 years later

Poor Tsubasa, he does look much older in this. Overall, a pretty fun episode. Just the right amount of callbacks and Jabi one liners. Kind of wish they did something different with Jabi's hair though.

So as I predicted they were saving the first generation characters for the end. It was worth the wait though, since Tsubasa is definitely a guy who could use his own story. I can't help but feel disappointed in Kazuma's name. In Beast of the White Night, Tsubasa's friends are named Hyuuga (in the sunlight) and Akatsuki (daybreak), but with all the sun metaphors, they can't find a sun related name for Kazuma? (Unless Kazuma is something sun related that I'm not aware of?)

First transformation being cut was a cock tease. I'm sure they saved a lot of money for a probably 10 second shot, but still.

I really like Kazuma's actor. That face mugging was really entertaining. I'd like to see him be a villain in something else.

It was touching to see Tsubasa open up to Jabi, but I think it's silly to imply that they're going to be an item. I don't think all characters need to be paired up to have a happy ending, and I don't really see Tsubasa and Jabi being a power couple. Jabi's too wild and Tsubasa would probably prefer a nun or something.

Points for mentioning Rin, even if you don't see the actress. I'd say this gets a 5 based on nostalgia alone.

CM
Clash of Kings - Comrades
JAM PROJECT AREA Z Album
Pocari Sweat - Summer song with Yoshida You and Suzuki Rio
YMobile 1980s with Kiritani Mirei
Dragon Quest Hoshi no Dragon Quest with Honda Tsubasa
HearthStone with Terada Minori, Sato Ryo, and Hirano Yasuyuki
Recaldent Gum with Sumire
McDonalds Secret Menu with Ozawa Akari
Sumi Reina Oniku Ginjimasu - Sen Ri
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Garo Makai Retsuden 11 released

Post by XIII »

Happy to see Tsubasa back, he has aged well during the 4 year gap between appearances. Jabi on the other hand hasnt aged so well, but nice to have her back again. (Luna will be drooling again)

This one was more a nostalgia based ep, just showing off everything from the original cast. I just wish we could have more stories like this with the original cast.

The first transformation was a true cop out, was looking forward to that and then they did what they did. The 2nd transformation thou appeared to be CGI suit, it just didnt quite look right compared with when we last saw it.

These short stories have been a nice breath of fresh air for Garo. Just breaking it out of the normal format has worked nicely. its a shame that next week will be the last one. So I hope we get a decent final story with the original cast.
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault

Post by takenoko »

Man, I couldn't recognize Terada Minori at all in the HeartStone commercial. I guess it's been a few years since W, but he looks badly off.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Tsubasa was hilarious at the beginning - almost like a Makai version of Coming to America. With all the talk of “him” early on, I wasn’t expecting Jabi to show up. I’m glad she did - this walk through seasons of Garo past wouldn’t feel complete without her.

In general, the action involving Tsubasa seemed very brief. I thought he looked good, but maybe they didn’t want to give him complicated stunt work. They didn’t hold back with Jabi, which was nice.

Speaking of teases, I’m worried the episode title for the finale is a major tease.
Alessar
Salami Commander
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Well it was definitely nice to see these familiar characters. Overall I really enjoyed these stories because in my opinion there are no filler episodes. It's all a great way of showing us a little bit more about the characters including the side characters that we normally see in the more plot driven serials. I also really liked the end song and I hope we see a full-length video for it. You know who would be awesome to come back for the final episode of this? Taiga... and his wife.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Tsubasa's awkwardness really made the first half of the episode shine. I thought the second half was tainted a bit by the typical villain with a severe underbite and an inability to close his mouth. Kazuma could have really been awesome, but that one tiny thing shows up too often with baddies and looks extremely fake in my opinion.

That's a bummer that next week ends the series, I thought we were just about to ramp things up! Should be a good one though, I'm looking forward to it. I thought I read that this will be followed by a Season 1 remastering, is that true?
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah. Next is the finale. Then I believe they're showing Garo VS Pro Wrestling in the empty slot. Then the week after that, the remaster should start airing. Should be a fun year for Garo!
Alessar
Salami Commander
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Will we continue too get Sumi Rena's Meat Chant? That steak and fondue they showed in the last episode looked amazing.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

takenoko wrote: Then I believe they're showing Garo VS Pro Wrestling in the empty slot
Do I even want to know lol?
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Alessar wrote:Will we continue too get Sumi Rena's Meat Chant? That steak and fondue they showed in the last episode looked amazing.
I'm glad people are enjoying it. Assuming everything stays in the same time slot, I don't see why we couldn't continue it.
mholden020 wrote:
takenoko wrote: Then I believe they're showing Garo VS Pro Wrestling in the empty slot
Do I even want to know lol?
http://ameblo.jp/garo-project/entry-12168873691.html
I think this is it? Garo Ashura?
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

Only 12 episodes in the series? Did we know that going in? I certainly wasn't expecting it. :(
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I had assumed it'd be 13 episodes. Same thing happened with Makai Senki, since I thought it'd be 25-26 episodes, but it was 24 with one special at the end.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Tsubasa pointing his staff at the car in the beginning was hilarious. So refreshing to see again as I always liked him. Him being able to fight with his staff skills is always good too. That fight scene, I was hoping for more. It was kinda quick but I get the conflict he had with his former friend. And that transformation. Was that CGI? CGI suits!
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

Seeing Tsubasa back actually reminded me more of his character in Shougeki Gouraigan. And now that I think of it, it is pretty much the same character, lol.

That first transformation skip infuriated me, as I thought they were skimping us out on animation and a full fight scene. I'm glad we did end up seeing the White Knight armor but CGI?! That's like the nicest costume they physically have and they give us CGI, lol. Well, it's better than nothing.

Jabi and Tsubasa was random and unexpected but I was always more of a Kouga / Rekka fan anyway.

Who we really haven't seen in forever is Kouga and Kaoru though. If they actually are saved for the finale then I'm wondering if they'll shed some light on what really happened to them during the whole MAKAI NO HANA season. Unless they try to give us some backstory on events before Raiga was born or something.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Is it terrible that I totally forgot Tsubasa's actor was in Shougeki Gouraigan, and I literally cannot recall a single thing he did in it?

Return to “-Makai Retsuden-”