KR Amazons Promo released

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Re: KR Amazons Promo released

Post by FirenOh »

takenoko wrote:Also Baba Ryouma/Blue Buster is back! And probably some other actors, I need to go over the list.
Oh cool! I know he was in Ninnin, but I haven't seen him here yet.
But I do know that GoBlue/Taniguchi Masashi from GoGoV is playing Amazon Alpha, the red guy covered in scars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejlOlDeBcpg

This honestly looks great. Hope to see this take off, and not be terrible like the First/Next.
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Awww, I liked The First/Next. Anyway, I've got faith in this since Kobayashi's only disappointed me a handful of times.
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Post by FirenOh »

I mean, the Suits and stunts were great, but I can't forgive Platinum Smile and the all it's associate plot points. It just wasn't what I wanted out of a Rider reimaging.

4000 Amazons brutally eviscerating each other however, I'll take gladly.
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Hopefully the dark tone is in line with those early Hesei Rider shows. That'd be neat.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Oh man, I just had a mini-brain-gasm at the thought of Amazon reimagined in the style of Gills from Agito.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

I loved The First/The Next movies, and this looks awesome as well!! Considering how the original Amazon suit is starting to look like some pajamas with a funny hat next to the newer stuff, it's cool to see a re-imagining of it.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele

Post by Ashki »

The fact that he was using the rope belt like a driver was a little disturbing, but I guess they needed some way to make up for the Gigi armband's absence. It does look like a nice Garo-quality toku, though. As Amazon is one of my favourite Showa Riders (especially the second story arc), I also had a lot of affection for Gills. And now we have their illigitimate love child. Needless to say, this makes me extremely happy.

With the huge Showa resurgance over the past couple years, the only thing left on my wishlist is to see Riderman (another favourite) finally get his own series. I really enjoyed Gackt's reimagined portrayal despite them running out of time for a costume overhaul and he's always been the underdog out of all the major Riders.

I'd also like to know how so many Amazons appeared. Is it a delayed side effect of the two armbands coming together? Did someone copy Amazon's DNA into a driver (I know he was technically a cyborg, but still fits the mutant Rider archtype better)? Or is this the typical Showa Shocker-by-yet-another-name attept at creating a cyborg army that went horribly wrong? It's going to be great finding out!
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's not like these series follow a hard continuity, so I wouldn't worry about it that much.

It's a shame they went with the drivers and not the bracelets though. They had two so they could have given one to each rider.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

ViRGE wrote:
Digifiend wrote:Did they only pick Amazon because it's being released on Amazon? Seems a strange choice otherwise, considering the original show actually got cancelled.
Huh. Somehow I never made that connection until now. Good point.
There's no hard-fact confirmation that the original show got cancelled, it's just a rumor that got passed around be cause "Oh no, the show had tons of "gore" flying around!!1".
Goranger right after got started by tons of people getting murdered, so... :lol:
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

It seems they made an extended version of the trailer if someone likes to sub this as well. If possible could you release a 720p version of this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nffq3moyNig

Also here is a clip of the sound effects of the belts as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVFPZPw ... e=youtu.be
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: There's no hard-fact confirmation that the original show got cancelled, it's just a rumor that got passed around be cause "Oh no, the show had tons of "gore" flying around!!1".
Goranger right after got started by tons of people getting murdered, so... :lol:
It it wasn't cancelled, why does it only have half the usual number of episodes? It doesn't seem to have been ended early deliberately like Decade was.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I dunno. I mean, the "usual number" was all over the place back then.
Ichigo Rider had 98, Amazon had 24, Goranger had 84, Stronger had 35.

I could totally believe that it got cancelled if I saw proof, but, I just haven't and I don't want others to jump to conclusions until something like that turns up, is all.
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

So apparently the episodes are double the usual length - about 46 minutes. Will you be subbing this show or does the length mean you won't have the time?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Still planning on subbing it. Thankfully they're not released on the same day as super hero time.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

takenoko wrote:Still planning on subbing it. Thankfully they're not released on the same day as super hero time.
I hope there's not a lot of projects going on and when does Amazons usually air?

Return to “Kamen Rider Amazons”