KR Amazons 01 released

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:45 am

☆☆☆☆☆
66%
☆☆☆☆
28%
☆☆☆
3%
☆☆
No votes
3%

Total votes: 29
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Amazons 01 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki
Next ep

Special thanks to Dark Aura for capping the raw for us. And to Luna for translating.

Not sure why they sometimes spell it Amazons with a s and sometimes with a z. Maybe they're going for an A-Z theme with the titles?

Anyway, I liked it. The night raider squad was fun to follow. They're obviously hardened veterans at their jobs. They're no newcomers to this horror. They crack jokes to get by in their day. It's an interesting dynamic. Got to have that cute Mole Amazon (although those star nose moles are real freaky animals).

Shundou Mitsutoshi (plays Shidou) is a lovely manly man. It's good to see him again, since I haven't seen his work since Nexus.

We see Jin listening to them on the radio, but at first, I thought he was Haruka. And the scenes of Haruka and Jin in their apartments confused me during this episode.

The scenes of Haruka and his family are kind of sad. But it felt like mostly set up for him in this episode.

Things really escalate at the end. Man, that's a lot of Amazons. I liked the design of Dragonfly Amazon which Baba Ryouma's character turns into.

Who's the person going around and assigning letter grades to these Amazons? It's like "How do you know it's deadly gas before you smell it." Are there other groups fighting these Amazons and they're the ones who establish the letter grade?

Most disappointing thing: None of the Amazon's helmets opened up to chomp down on people.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: KR Amazons 01 released

Post by zeta_gundam »

I really like this take on Amazon. It feels like it fits right in with THE FIRST and THE NEXT world, should a skilled writer bother to want to establish some continuity.

Are we getting 26 episodes? They highlighted "A" in this first episode's title, and in the next they highlight "Beast Inside".

I'm assuming the Nozama Pharmaceutical company injected all these Amazons with some experimental drug or something. I assume the letter grades that they get are based on whatever experiments they were running on the subjects. Kinda like how particular viruses are more potent than others, some of the experiments have more potential than others etc.
starofjustice
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite series: Agito
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by starofjustice »

zeta_gundam wrote: Are we getting 26 episodes? They highlighted "A" in this first episode's title, and in the next they highlight "Beast Inside".
Would be kind of a hip injoke with the original only getting 25 or so.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I heard somewhere that it was 13 episodes, but for the life of me can't find an official confirmation on that. But the Japanese wiki lists it as 13 episodes too, so... seems likely?
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

I hope Kobayashi can give Amazons a solid yet decent storyline.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Pff. It's spelled Amazonszrricangedouburu. Plebeians.

...Holy shit, my podcast is four shows behind now...damned weekly schedule, don't they know I've got a real job now?
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Post by FirenOh »

Alright, I love everything about Amazons so far. I would write more but it would a day or two for me to finish. So instead, I'll just say thanks for subbing this one guys, and I'll be watching every episode multiple times over.
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele

Post by Ashki »

Even though this is a new origin, it doesn't feel that way. I like the blend of Nexus and Amazon so far. It was a slow buildup, but that finale! Also, they started with the traditional bat and spider, which was a solid move. And I wonder if the mole is in honour of Moleman, who remains a favourite character for me. Since Amazon was a blend of all hree Rider types (technological/cyborg, mystical, and mutant,
there's a lot of potential for variation.

The use of eneergised weapons also feels very Nexus, and I love how one team member had to keep the nosy neighbour busy by talking about pets. I wonder if that's in their contract. ^_^

Initial Theories:
Spoiler
1. The experiment tried to create mutants similar to Shin and other movie Riders but something went wrong and the artificial Gigi armbands are the only way to remain self-aware.
2. The Driver waas created to replace the original armband, which was lost or destroyed.
3. This will eventually tie into Amazon just as Ultraseven X was revealed to be a sequal to Ultraseven only at the very end.
4. The experimentswere performed by he secret organization Yetanother Shocker.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Well, it was a very slow episode, but the first one many times is like that. Im really interested in this one, and im wondering what is going to happen to the mole-guy. So the rider belt is also used to open eggs, i guess i gotta get mine soon.

If i gotta say the bad things i would mention that the monsters look very similar to the ones for the regular series, i was hoping for something more elaborated and realistic, also the Riders suits seem shiny and kinda plastic like, even when you compare them to the originala little less shiny and I think they would be good.

Now i know this might not happen since probably he is not very popular, but i would love to see X-Rider redone in the future, after watching this image: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8fH-Ev46Mk i think his suit does not needs a lot of work, just some improvement and that would be good enough.

takenoko wrote: Who's the person going around and assigning letter grades to these Amazons? It's like "How do you know it's deadly gas before you smell it." Are there other groups fighting these Amazons and they're the ones who establish the letter grade?
Probably from what I saw they somehow had them registrated, they had a code for each one, so maybe they have records of all the armlets and know what they turn into. So the question that raises are: are they the ones distribuiting? them did they made the armlets or just investigate them? and if for some reason they lost control over them (maybe a theft), so they are just covering their own asses?
zeta_gundam wrote:I really like this take on Amazon. It feels like it fits right in with THE FIRST and THE NEXT world, should a skilled writer bother to want to establish some continuity.
Yeah, i have tought the same, they should make them an alternate universe with all the remade riders, i think it would be great to have a Superhero Taisen like movies, but made with more efforts since now the public are adults.
mjazi
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Black
Dreamy: Nadeshiko Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Tetsuo Kurata
Favorite Band: Japan X
My boom: Tokusatsu & Gunpla
Quote: Live Free, Die Well
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by mjazi »

Im just happy i get to see this Kamen Rider Series
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DekaBreak »

Mizorogi leads the Night Raider team... Nexus. There's a White Sweeper team... Nexus. I'm loving this Kamen Rider answer to Nexus.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

Oh man... after showing off the team as some kind of badass extermination squad dealing with a Rank D, I was almost certain that they'd pull a Ga-Rei Zero at the end when I heard the reports saying Ranks A and B. I'm glad that I was proven wrong and that they're still breathing by the end of the episode.

On the other hand, I wonder who's the brilliant dude who introduced the ID codes in the first place. B-008 for Rank A and S-008 for Rank B? Why not just designate in the format of (Rank) - (Three digit number)?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Nice. I'm glad we got something like this with some violence in it.

Moleman Beast Amazon whatever is going to bite it I reckon.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Totally fell flat for me. Not sure if I'll keep up with this or just wait for the series as a whole and try to binge it, but Episode 2 is not on the radar for me. :?
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

MadCow wrote:On the other hand, I wonder who's the brilliant dude who introduced the ID codes in the first place. B-008 for Rank A and S-008 for Rank B? Why not just designate in the format of (Rank) - (Three digit number)?
I think it stands for: B(at)-008 and S(pider)203 and 208

Return to “Kamen Rider Amazons”