KR Amazons 02 released

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:47 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
67%
☆☆☆☆
17%
☆☆☆
11%
☆☆
No votes
6%

Total votes: 18
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Amazons 02 released

Post by takenoko »

Previous ep
Wiki
Next ep

Prev ep rating: 4.52 (29 votes)

Rough episode. Is Shidou dead? Because that would suck a lot if we lost both Ryuusuke and Shidou all at once.

Nozomi and the others don't say much, but I still like the ones I can recognize. (Seriously, how do you tell the difference between the guys who aren't Shidou, Ryuusuke, or Mamoru?)

Oh man, I think I like Jin a lot. Something about the way he interacts with Nanaha makes him really endearing for some reason. I like Date Akira, but Jin is definitely better at being the carefree mercenary (at least to me). I'm not even sure if I have reasons why I feel that way, they could be totally arbitrary.

Speaking of which, why did you stand back and just watch all that time, Jin?! That was really weird. Maybe they should have saved Haruka's transformation for the next episode or not bothered to have Jin arrive in time or something. It just seemed like a weird pacing issue.

Also, where the hell are these belts coming from? Jin just happens to have two of them?

The comparison between the Extermination Squad's needing a job to eat and the Amazons just base desire to eat is pretty interesting. Kind of makes me feel bad about mistranslating it last week in the preview, but context fixes everything.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Amazons 02 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

I was laughing at Omega's decimation of the Bat Amazon and its charged finisher/throwback to Amazon's initial finisher! Am I amazed or am I morally sick?!

Kobayashi, you motherlover. You did it!
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

takenoko wrote:Also, where the hell are these belts coming from? Jin just happens to have two of them?
I suspect Nanaha might be related to the company in some way -- perhaps an ex-employee? She's just waayyy too casual (and perhaps callous) about the whole Amazon thing otherwise.

I hope the pacing improves over the next few episodes. It looks like they're going for a slow burn kind of story, which is fine but too much emo is a drag. I guess once Haruka and the extermination squad come to terms with their reality, things should pick up better.
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

Say, when Jin saw the belt and said "That belt… Why"s it red?", shouldn't it had been translated to; "That belt…Nanaha huh"
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh yeah, good catch.
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Post by FirenOh »

Nanaha and Jin relationship is adorable, in a messy sort of way.

I'm really interesting in hearing what Haruka's reason for fighting is. I don't if he's still running on instinct or actually has a goal in mind when attacking Jin, before he seemed keen on just dying right there and then.
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

I'm afraid this episode didn't grab me either. I can't help but feel like I started watching a 50-episode series on Episode 40, and I've simply missed everything that makes the big moments anything meaningful as a viewer. Like when they realized they had to kill Ryuuske, or when they had the talk while stopped on the bridge. These are clearly deep and heavy moments in the story, but I have seen nothing that would really make that hit home. Instead of, "Gasp....they have to kill their friend...he was such a good guy and was nice and helpful and made those noodles for the gang that everyone liked...*tears*. I was thinking, "They have to kill their friend...that sucks." I honestly think that I would like this series infinitely more had there been two episodes before Episode 1 that laid down some bare-bones background of these characters.

I'm gonna have to bail on this for now. I'll probably pick it up after the series is finished and hope the binge-effect pulls me into the show. Thanks to everyone who worked on this, I feel kinda bad that I'm not digging it after all this work :oops:
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Good episode, the sotry is being revealed bit by bit.

the only thing that botters me is the way the monsters look,I mean they could easily used the S.I.C. version and would be much better.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele

Post by Ashki »

That comment about not minding if it's YOU eating me made me think of Faiz and its series-long shippage.

I don't much like Nanaha, but I have to admit, Omega Amazon is pretty cool. Leaping from a good mile away to land right on your target was quite hilarious, although I have a horrible feeling we'll never see that ability again. The finisher was also cool, and I love how the corpse(s) didn't melt after being bisected. Honestly, most of the "gore" so far has been pretty toned down compared to the spraying blood streams and ripped limbs of the original series. Ripping off the bat wings early in the ep was quite satisfying, though.

There were a lot of holes in the backstory, presumably either filled offscreen or purposely omitted. From the look of things, they were working on creating a breed of super soldier before the accident. Of course, I'd still like to think this will somehow tie into the original Amazon by the end. Perhaps they found the original armlets and created the virus from them. So many questions... And how is it Shidou is the only Amazon able to control himself?
Speaking of which, why did you stand back and just watch all that time, Jin?! That was really weird.
I rather like that Jin stood back and watched. He seems to believe that people should grasp their own destinies, and these exterminators have been working towards a similar goal so far. Basically, his mindset was "This is your test to see if you're man enough to go the mile, and if not, then he'll just eat the lot of you and I'll kill him myself afterwards." I think if he'd continued to fight, then the others never would have had the guts to get over their hesitation. Not to mention, he'd be ding their dirty work for them so they could just blame him afterwards. As it is, once Ryuu began eating his former teammate (while EVERYONE just stood and watched), the battle was no longer Jin's to fight.

As far as there being two belts, I was positive the second driver would be Beta, but instead it was Omega... So they are the first and last true Amazons. I just want to know if one of them is going to twist that handle once too often and turn into a motorcycle...
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Lots of explanation in this episode. I really like Jin's personality; it's good to have an easygoing character in such a dark series (although I feel like his and Haruka's roles would be ironically flipped in a lighter series). I also really liked the explanation of what the Amazons are and both the extermination squad's and Haruka's reactions. The extermination squad is seeming even more Night Raider-esque, even objecting to their superiors' decisions; I'm curious if they'll go the same direction with the squad's character development that Nexus did with theirs. All and all, this is shaping up to be a pretty good series (even if the head squish near the beginning was a bit much for my taste). Looking forward to how it progresses!
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

mholden020 wrote:I'm afraid this episode didn't grab me either. I can't help but feel like I started watching a 50-episode series on Episode 40, and I've simply missed everything that makes the big moments anything meaningful as a viewer. Like when they realized they had to kill Ryuuske, or when they had the talk while stopped on the bridge. These are clearly deep and heavy moments in the story, but I have seen nothing that would really make that hit home. Instead of, "Gasp....they have to kill their friend...he was such a good guy and was nice and helpful and made those noodles for the gang that everyone liked...*tears*. I was thinking, "They have to kill their friend...that sucks." I honestly think that I would like this series infinitely more had there been two episodes before Episode 1 that laid down some bare-bones background of these characters.

I'm gonna have to bail on this for now. I'll probably pick it up after the series is finished and hope the binge-effect pulls me into the show. Thanks to everyone who worked on this, I feel kinda bad that I'm not digging it after all this work :oops:
Your comment is strange for someone that have Agito as a completed series in his signature.

This looks a lot like Gills from Agito and on that show nothing was explained until the very end.

Some highlights from the first 2 episodes.

1) The Alpha and Omega suits are so detailed and cool!... especially Omega.

2) Finally we get a dark series after years of kiddy stuff. This one reminds me a lot to Agito and of course Omega is basically Gills again but on the other hand Jin looks like some kind of Daiki Kaito (Di End) and probably he stole the 2 belts and escaped the laboratory 2 years ago. I really like that he is like an antihero main character but probably Omega is the main rider and Alpha the secondary?.

3) Never us a "Ice Cream Truck" to hunt monsters and after 45 years humans must know by now that bullets are not effective against monsters :P.

4) The mole guy is really weak and useless... also he is not considered an Amazon? Why? he is able to henshin at will without even a belt and looks like he doesn't have the need to eat or probably he is using drugs to control his powers.

5) Eat raw eggs before henshin is a really bad idea and I'm glad that they dropped the idea... Jin will smell really bad after each henshin too :P.

6) The finisher move was really cool and we finally got what a cut should do and the enemy got cut in half... not a lame explosion from a cut ala super sentai.

The series is so dark that we don't even get a opening but the ending song is so fucking cool!... so far a decent and dark show and something that I have been waiting to have back for so long on Kamen Rider.
Final Vent!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I really like that Alpha's pattern looks like battle scars.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Kurow wrote:Your comment is strange for someone that have Agito as a completed series in his signature. [..] and on that show nothing was explained until the very end.
Speaking as someone who adores Agito, it's not that strange. Agito bothered to give details to its characters and didn't just drop its viewers into "a 50-episode series on Episode 40, and I've simply missed everything that makes the big moments anything meaningful as a viewer." as mholden020 nicely put it. It says a lot that an amnesiac like Shouichi turned out to be such a fun character to watch and while I praise actor Toshiki Kashuu, the writing deserves a lot of the credit too. Shouichi never got written 50 different ways just because "Oh, he's an amnesiac; we can excuse it" like say, Toqger.

Same with G3 and Gills. Ryou maturing from a standoffish punk to someone who, against all odds, helped stand against Overlord and his cronier; and Hikawa, man,
even when he was half-blind, he still fought for what he believed in and more. Then, there's the whole deal with the G3 unit, with Hojo and the fellow policemen; Hojo being a roadblock, feeling at a time, he was the better choice for G3 or wanting to take down the Unit itself... etc.

I could also go on and talk about the plot, (the mystery behind the Unknowns and how to stop them and where they came from; what do the Agito have to do with them? Why is Kaoru Kino Another Agito? What's the story behind Gills? The Akatsuki boat!) but I don't want to drag this post out too much. I hope you see where I'm coming from though.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:Speaking as someone who adores Agito, it's not that strange. Agito bothered to give details to its characters and didn't just drop its viewers into "a 50-episode series on Episode 40, and I've simply missed everything that makes the big moments anything meaningful as a viewer." as mholden020 nicely put it. It says a lot that an amnesiac like Shouichi turned out to be such a fun character to watch and while I praise actor Toshiki Kashuu, the writing deserves a lot of the credit too. Shouichi never got written 50 different ways just because "Oh, he's an amnesiac; we can excuse it" like say, Toqger.

Same with G3 and Gills. Ryou maturing from a standoffish punk to someone who, against all odds, helped stand against Overlord and his cronier; and Hikawa, man,
even when he was half-blind, he still fought for what he believed in and more. Then, there's the whole deal with the G3 unit, with Hojo and the fellow policemen; Hojo being a roadblock, feeling at a time, he was the better choice for G3 or wanting to take down the Unit itself... etc.

I could also go on and talk about the plot, (the mystery behind the Unknowns and how to stop them and where they came from; what do the Agito have to do with them? Why is Kaoru Kino Another Agito? What's the story behind Gills? The Akatsuki boat!) but I don't want to drag this post out too much. I hope you see where I'm coming from though.
What does this have to do with this not liking this show though? We are only on episode 2, they can't possibly stuff all that plot development mentioned above into 2 episodes. I'm sure we'll get all these plots and character development as the show goes on. The raider squad is probably just a throw away thing to get some points across, they aren't the main focus. If a character dies now, you probably don't need to know him. And I'd say when we actually get to "episode 40", the story will be totally different from what we are seeing now.

These are just world building episodes, they are just telling us what we need to focus on later on.
- Who they main characters are
- The Amasons are man-eating monster
- A company made the virus, and have the support of the government
- When your friends turned Amazon, they lose all logic and will kill you (unlike the friendly Mr Mole)
- Our two anti-heros have no bracelets and are not in the database records

Not that I don't like the current colorful Rider show, but it's a fresh change to have a dark and gritty show like in the early Showa era. People actually dies and don't revives by some mysterious magic, and monster actually get cut down instead of a big explosion.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I wouldn't expect them to cram all that into 2 episodes, no. But the person I quoted was generalizing Agito so, I commented on Agito as a whole.
Yaiba wrote:People actually dies and don't revives by some mysterious magic, and monster actually get cut down instead of a big explosion.
People died in early Heisei too and yet they still bothered to give you a reason to care....

Return to “Kamen Rider Amazons”