KR Amazons 03 released

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:18 am

☆☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Amazons 03 released

Post by takenoko »

Previous ep
Wiki
Next ep

Previous episode rating: 4.39 (18 votes)

Hmmm, closer to 30 minutes this time. Interesting that the episode lengths vary so.

There were some slow points in this episode, with the reuse of footage and scenes of people both pondering, thinking, and fretting.

Can I say how weird it is to see portrayals of kissing on Japanese shows? I know it's a cultural thing, but Nanaha and Jin's pecks are weirdly platonic, yet this is the most kissing I've probably seen on a Japanese show.

Whoa, the old man has like a hot nurse pushing him around. Is this Are You Being Served? Did anyone else feel like we were attending a Shocker business meeting? And is he on a kabuki theater set? What's the deal with the shadow stuff and his drum theme song? The scene with the board members being cowards was funny. I really like Kanou. That stoic bastard is really good.

I'm kind of bummed out that the Extermination Squad's weapons have become completely useless as of episode 2. How the hell did these guys stay alive for two years like this? They were firing point blank at the monsters (even into Ryuusuke's back in the last ep) and they weren't able to kill them? And why didn't anyone tell me that was Maehara who died in the last episode? I thought his voice was too high for Shidou's.

Speaking of which, can we admire the Amazons incidental music? Something's it's very calming, but then it just turns real creepy and unnerving.

Finally, how does being an Amazon let you know how to ride a motorcycle? Or rather, what does synchronizing with a bike mean? I guess they can't have him have a license since he's in a room, but this explanation was weird. Sometimes I make fun of shows for not explaining the little details like this, but I dunno how I feel about this one.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: KR Amazons 03 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Usually online exclusive shows have varying lengths of runtime which is probably better for pacing.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

So that's the colony and she's the queen ant... clever. The head in the fridge was also a nice touch. This show seems to toe the line between humor and horror and it gets a good mix of the two. I liked the cell phone call right in the middle of a big hunt.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah. I was translating the guy when he said "Oh, looks like there's nothing in your refrigerator" part and thought, "Oh man, you don't know the half of it, buddy."
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote:Is this Are You Being Served?
now THERE'S a reference I never expected to see or anyone else to have heard of.

in that case, though, can we go for a pun filled cast and have either OOO TaJaDor form or just Ankh himself as Captain Peacock?
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

The whole situation with the Amazon woman and her fridge of body parts reminds me of something completely out of GARO, except even more disgusting and messed up.

I'm wondering why Jin rides an ordinary classic motorcycle while Haruka gets a Rider-themed motorcycle. I'm glad we get something relating to Kamen Rider other than belts and costumes, but why does Haruka get a motorcycle design based off Jin's Alpha costume (and a matching red helmet) rather than his own green Omega costume? Maybe Jin will be taking it later. Or stealing it. Who knows.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:I'm kind of bummed out that the Extermination Squad's weapons have become completely useless as of episode 2. How the hell did these guys stay alive for two years like this? They were firing point blank at the monsters (even into Ryuusuke's back in the last ep) and they weren't able to kill them? And why didn't anyone tell me that was Maehara who died in the last episode? I thought his voice was too high for Shidou's.
I guess they were all lower-tier monsters than what's been in the last couple of episode. Ds and Es rather than As and Bs.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

I swear, this show keeps getting better and better. They're really good at pacing without losing the drama, and that cliffhanger...! at least we now know how they're going to deal with 4,000 Amazons in only a handful of episodes.
in that case, though, can we go for a pun filled cast and have either OOO TaJaDor form or just Ankh himself as Captain Peacock?
Kabuto probably has better inflated ego for Peacock, and Faiz is doubtless Mr. Humphries, since the show's writers shipped him almost nonstop. The big question is... who will be Mrs. Slocombe? On a side note, I'm curious to see if the remake/sequal will acknowledge Grace & Favour.

But back in Brazil, we now know how Jin ended up with the two drivers. The slightly retooled Machin looks pretty good, too!
Finally, how does being an Amazon let you know how to ride a motorcycle? Or rather, what does synchronizing with a bike mean? I guess they can't have him have a license since he's in a room, but this explanation was weird. Sometimes I make fun of shows for not explaining the little details like this, but I dunno how I feel about this one.
It makes sense only if you were a fan of the original series. In the original, Tachibana built Amazon's Machin out of scrapyard parts to the specifications of the late professor. Amazon (being Japan's answer to Tarzan) also didn't know how to use a motorcycle and synched with his Machin. Thus, in the current series, we can put it down to the Machin being designed and built using the same technology as the two drivers - most likely a form of biotech. Considering several things in the episode backed my theory that the Amazons were meant to be form of super soldier (although it set the Amazons into two categories: medical test subjects gone wrong and "new Amazons" who are the controllabe fighters), it only makes sense that certian technologies were designed that only the Amazons could use. The materials are designed to somehow link with the Amazon's unique cell structure, making the Machin almost an extention of the Rider's own body.

But again, you kind of have to go back to the original series to make this sort of explanation, which isn't good for post-Showa audiences

I really do hope Jin gets the Machin, though... It's weird seeing Omega riding it.
I'm kind of bummed out that the Extermination Squad's weapons have become completely useless as of episode 2. How the hell did these guys stay alive for two years like this? They were firing point blank at the monsters (even into Ryuusuke's back in the last ep) and they weren't able to kill them?
The weapons struck me as pretty useless even in the first episode. They appear to be mainly stun-oriented, and it's up to everyone's favourite Mole Amazon to deal the killing blow. I swear, if Nexus were present, he'd have gone solid red long before that first battle even looked like the squad had a chance. I honestly kept waiting for that first Amazon to kill off the lot of them. Also, it was shown last episode that eating humans makes an Amazon stronger (although this strength probably only lasts through digestion), hence why the freshly fed queen ant didn't even notice their hits.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I still think it's a bummer that it's not explained in the show itself, but I appreciate the explanation. And it does make sense that a shut-in like Haruka would be as ignorant of the world as a jungle boy, so the writer's would need to find some way of explaining how they can ride their bikes.

Which just reminded of something. In episode 2, he just flew across the city in a few seconds. Why's he even need a bike?
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

At first I thought the monster was some kind of bee or hornet... then it was classified as A-010. I didn't think much of it first, until the apartment reveal. Ants... oh boy.

Also... did anyone else get that sinking feeling of an apocalyptic, Kabuto worm-conversion scenario when it was mentioned at the board meeting that the company's drugs depended on the Amazon cells?
hinomars19
Go Go!
Favorite Actor?: Kitagawa keiko
Favorite Band: Koda Kumi
Quote: Yui Koike is like a kitten wrapped in cotton wool eating candyfloss. This cannot be disputed. You try, I flip your table (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Post by hinomars19 »

Given how this show is layering and revealing it's plot, maybe there is an in-show explanation for why he can sync with the bike to be revealed later? I assumed it's been made out of Amazon cells, meaning it's cells and those of an Amazon would sync, as someone posted already, like an extension of his own body. Maybe it's because of the belt also, since it looks to have been made for JIn and Jin has both belts? (Connected to his position in the lab?)

Nice catch on the reference to the original Amazon-haven't seen it in a while so didn't link that. :)
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Don't know if i have said this here, but sereiously there should be a petition for Bandai to add Alpha, Omega and the next and first riders for War genesis along with a harder dificulty I think.

Now About the show itself, it is pretty good. Kinda dissapointed they didnt used the SIC versions of AMAZON, but still good, also the Queen Ant looks better than any of the other amazons before.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

eijiman wrote:Kinda dissapointed they didnt used the SIC versions of AMAZON, but still good
Amazon Alpha is the SIC suit, though. http://kamenrider.wikia.com/wiki/Pre-Amazon
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
eijiman wrote:Kinda dissapointed they didnt used the SIC versions of AMAZON, but still good
Amazon Alpha is the SIC suit, though. http://kamenrider.wikia.com/wiki/Pre-Amazon
Both was based from SIC. Amazon Alpha was S.I.C Pre-Amazon , Omega was S.I.C Vol 21
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Man! such a Amazing show! it just gets better and better...

The extermination team was probably hunting just Rank C monsters during those 2 years because Mamoru is so fucking weak and useless and regular weapons seems to be useless against Rank B or better Amazons.

Jin had that belt as a spare belt huh?... also he is not on the amazons database but they know who he is and probably he worked for them in the past. My theory about him doing the Di End steal like move from the board (Dai Shocka) is probably true :P.
Final Vent!

Return to “Kamen Rider Amazons”