KR Amazons 04 released

A-MA-ZON2
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Amazons Link

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

☆☆☆☆☆
80%
☆☆☆☆
20%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 15
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Amazons 04 released

Post by takenoko »

Previous ep
Wiki
Next ep

Last week's result: 4.5 (12 votes)

I really liked this episode. The constant threat really kept the pace going. We had moments with Mamoru and Haruka. Mizuki is still a non-character, but she got her two seconds of thinking about her brother in for the episode. Jin came in like a badass and saved the day.

Mamoru, you're a super strong mutant thing, just carry Nozomi with the rest of the guys. Also, if they wanted to make it so she couldn't walk, why not have her get bitten in the leg? It's not like they were moving at a super fast pace, fighting every few steps the way they were doing.

I was thinking that this episode would lend itself to being turned into a game. You fight your way up the level. The Ant Queen acts as the boss at the end. Break open wall hamburgers to refill your energy meter.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Amazons 04 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

All the carnage made me jump with joy!! And I'd like Jin to become the devil's advocate for Haruka.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
satoru
Humongous
Favorite series: Mebius, Rescue Force
2nd Favorite Series: Blade, 555, Decade
Dreamy: Hibino Mirai
Favorite Actor?: too many...
Favorite Band: Arashi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Arashi, Tokusatsu

Post by satoru »

I really enjoyed the episode. The fight scenes were pretty great.
Asai is played by Kubo Tomohiro who played Tatsuya / Fire-1 in Rescue Fire. I thought he looked familiar, but I then recognized him immediately by his voice. I confirmed on his profile on his agency's website that it was him (only place I could find that credits him for the character)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Are Mizuki and Haruka actually related? I was kinda under the impression that Haruka was some kind of stray kid the chief picked up and took care of, not her actual son. I mean, he calls her mother, but that could just be what she told him to call her. I don't really get any kind of "family" feeling from them.

Holy shit that was a lot of violence. They basically stayed in one place the whole episode but it didn't feel too drawn out and there was a lot of action to break up the dialogue. I liked the blood splatters on Omega afterwards, really felt much more carnal.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

satoru wrote:Asai is played by Kubo Tomohiro who played Tatsuya / Fire-1 in Rescue Fire. I thought he looked familiar, but I then recognized him immediately by his voice. I confirmed on his profile on his agency's website that it was him (only place I could find that credits him for the character)
That's amazing, because I could not figure out who played Asai at all. I totally couldn't find his credit on any site. Eventually, I just looked at the credits at the end, and his name is the first one listed among the general names crammed together at the end.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

I wonder why (???) tasered Jin though...
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
HyouRetsuzan
Adventure

Post by HyouRetsuzan »

i dont know if its the right place to post this but, at 16:51 there is a mistype, "Of course not. So, where are wxe supposed to put it?". that 'wxe' is the one.
RoxasXIII
Infinity

Post by RoxasXIII »

just realized Jin's actor also portrayed GoBlue
I'm kinda slow
Lunagel wrote:Are Mizuki and Haruka actually related? I was kinda under the impression that Haruka was some kind of stray kid the chief picked up and took care of, not her actual son. I mean, he calls her mother, but that could just be what she told him to call her. I don't really get any kind of "family" feeling from them.

Holy shit that was a lot of violence. They basically stayed in one place the whole episode but it didn't feel too drawn out and there was a lot of action to break up the dialogue. I liked the blood splatters on Omega afterwards, really felt much more carnal.
according to the official page
水澤美月(17) 武田玲奈
悠の義妹。厳しく接する母・令華を不安に感じている。
悠の境遇を誰よりも心配する一方で、美月自身も悠のことを拠りどころとしている。
afaik 義妹 can means sister in law or stepsister
probably stepsister is more relevant in this case

btw, just asking
from your wiki page
Amazons Resistor (アマゾンズレジスター)

An armlet that Amazons wear.
Used to administer drug for a fixed period of time. Can suppress the Amazon cells for two years. Is a control device, in other words. Once someone becomes an Amazon and their wild instinct is awakened, the armlet no longer works, even if reequipped.
just my opinion but isn't register more appropriate than resistor?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I honestly don't know. I changed it to register briefly, then changed it back because of the drug administration properly of the armlet. Since the drugs resist the transformation to becoming an Amazon?
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

ZOMFG, this show just keeps getting better and better with every single episode!!! I also love how they changed up the designs for the rider suits! We have Alpha who's basically a red recoloring of the original Amazon suit and then Omega as the classic color scheme but with a modern look. Oh and the fact that each episode is a half hour long is FAAAAAAAAAAAABULOOOOOOOUUUUUS!!! While I'm thinking about it, it this series darker then the original amazon, less so or about the same?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

njb wrote:I wonder why (???) tasered Jin though...
Presumably Boss Lady wanted him brought in for questioning?
RoxasXIII
Infinity

Post by RoxasXIII »

takenoko wrote:I honestly don't know. I changed it to register briefly, then changed it back because of the drug administration properly of the armlet. Since the drugs resist the transformation to becoming an Amazon?
but the armlet also register and classified test subject data

probably just me but rejisuta sounds more like register than resistor to me ^^;
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

You're probably right. I mean, it's also a tracking system and all that too. It's just one of those things where the pronunciation is the same in Japanese for both Register and Resistor, so it's not obvious which is right.

http://jisho.org/search/%E3%83%AC%E3%82 ... F%E3%83%BC
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

i dont know if its the right place to post this but, at 16:51 there is a mistype
I also noticed this. Considering how few spelling errors we see in a T-N release, it really stands out.
While I'm thinking about it, it this series darker then the original amazon, less so or about the same?
That depends. In the original, there was the same amount of gore, but Amazon did more biting and limb ripping. Outside of battle, it was more campy, with the original Amazon having a personality closer to Mamoru's mixed with Tarzan. Hell, he couldn't even speak Japanese the first half of the series outside of "friend" "bad" and a couple other basic words.

I really love the driver weaponry, and I hope the chief can convince Jin to join the extermination squad formally instead of just using them.

The pacing was amazing, the dialogue was amazing, and Kanon... I mean, Mizuki (maybe we should just call her Kazukiand be done with it)... still has no purpose. So far, the series easily tops the 12-headed demon arc (the sucky first half of the original series) but I still love the second arc just as much. And, being a huge Nexus fan, this show continues to make me squee. ^_^;;

Amazons Resistor (アマゾンズレジスター)
It's just one of those things where the pronunciation is the same in Japanese for both Register and Resistor, so it's not obvious which is right.
Unless one uses different kanji, I'd put this down to a Toei pun. After all, both translations DO fit, so why not throw a homonym in for fun? They certainly use enough "Engrish" puns elsewhere... Thus, the name is more like "Amazon Register/Resistor" where the slash could also be written as "and".
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ashki wrote:
i dont know if its the right place to post this but, at 16:51 there is a mistype
I also noticed this. Considering how few spelling errors we see in a T-N release, it really stands out.
Ah, I don't know how I missed that. I bet you I totally did it while doing ctrl-x or alt-x or something

Return to “Kamen Rider Amazons”